New to the pro

bell32

Reaction score
So I'm picking up my new pro probably later this week and have never owned a Polaris before, my question is is what are some of the must be done mods? Clutching? Suspension? Ect... Any thing I should no about the pro in particular?
Thanks

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I am going to try mine out stock for a run just to see how they work !

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must do's:
-Footwell blockoffs are a must, save from snow being kicked onto your belts. Also stops the build up of snow in the engine bay so less weight when sledding.
-Reroute the exhaust valve line from under the engine (near clutch) and run it somewhere easier to clean and away from the clutch
-Di-electric grease in all the connections, TPS is very sensitive. Some sleds report a bog, I think mostly 2011's.

Options:
-Accessories like: gas rack (canadasledparts is where I got mine, look at their gauge lifter too), sled solutions underseat bag is worth taking a look at (expensive, but lots of room, waterproof), goggle holder (RSI is cheap and right above the antifreeze container is a good spot to mount)

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I'm picking up my new pro probably later this week and have never owned a Polaris before, my question is is what are some of the must be done mods? Clutching? Suspension? Ect... Any thing I should no about the pro in particular?
Thanks

Your best investment is getting an SLP BLue/pink primary spring. Makes a big difference at high elevation. Best $30 you'll spend.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running that SLP spring as well since my first one broke, like many sleds did. I wonder if Polaris fixed this issue on the 2013 RMK's?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to get the footwell block-offs?

Also how loose does everyone run the track on 2012 163"?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having logged a lot of miles on a Pro I have noticed that not everybody has the same problems. My advice is locate the pull cord pull it two to three times and pin the throttle. Deal with things you feel need to be done. The exhaust valve tip is a good one as it will make a mess under the hood. I myself don't have foot well block off plates logged around 2000miles all mountains and have never had any problems. I strongly feel that it really depends on rider style and personal preference as to what mods you will want to do. That being said it is interesting to hear what people feel NEEDS to be done.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Air frame running boards, 174 3 inch CE track and a boondocker turbo!!!!
Jk I would say the sled solution under seat bag as well as the sled solution bar riser bags, gas rack, just the polaris one will do oh and yes the #1 essential is a MUFF POT!!! Never ride without one!!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air frame running boards, 174 3 inch CE track and a boondocker turbo!!!!
Jk I would say the sled solution under seat bag as well as the sled solution bar riser bags, gas rack, just the polaris one will do oh and yes the #1 essential is a MUFF POT!!! Never ride without one!!!
Where do you mount your Muffpot on your Pro? I'm going to throw one on this year, but not sure where to mount it so it's easy access, that gets hot enough, but also so I don't have to take off the hood to get at it.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you mount your Muffpot on your Pro? I'm going to throw one on this year, but not sure where to mount it so it's easy access, that gets hot enough, but also so I don't have to take off the hood to get at it.
buy yourself an aftermarket can (HPS) and mount the muff pot to the top of the can. A muff pot just won't work with the stock can.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy yourself an aftermarket can (HPS) and mount the muff pot to the top of the can. A muff pot just won't work with the stock can.

I've been using a muff pot strapped on at the pipe, and stock can joint for two years now. It does take a while for your food to heat up but it does get hot and is easy access. I put some silicone on the clamp to keep it from coming loose. The Sled Solutions under seat bag is very nice, the gage lifter is a good upgrade also. Polaris has a new bag out that mounts behind the windshield, it provides a warm place to store goggles and lifts the gage up to a better location.

Last edited:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have checked US pricing and it isn't much better than what Chris offers. HPS about almost double what other cans are. Sadly the other cans are just obnoxiously loud and all have reviews about creating a bog

Top Bottom