New sled Trailer inside ideas!

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a new 24ft enclosed with a furnace and a few other extras in it but not lots. I was wondering what's everyone has done to there trailer(red neck engineering etc on the inside to make em as useful as possible?. I like the fully pimped out units but what I'm curious on is what guys have done on there own with a smart budget and ingenuity etc. I attached a few pics so you could have a look and give me some feed back on what else I should add and do. Feel free to post some pics of your trailer inside as well and maybe help a few others get "inspired" with simple and unique ideas that I'm sure all of you have.(I haven't got the trailer home yet the pics are from the dealer. I have to make time to go pick it up in the next week or so) it would be great to have a s**t pile of ideas so when I get it home I can start revamping it with the goodies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 757
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 758
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 770

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a new 24ft enclosed with a furnace and a few other extras in it but not lots. I was wondering what's everyone has done to there trailer(red neck engineering etc on the inside to make em as useful as possible?. I like the fully pimped out units but what I'm curious on is what guys have done on there own with a smart budget and ingenuity etc. I attached a few pics so you could have a look and give me some feed back on what else I should add and do. Feel free to post some pics of your trailer inside as well and maybe help a few others get "inspired" with simple and unique ideas that I'm sure all of you have.(I haven't got the trailer home yet the pics are from the dealer. I have to make time to go pick it up in the next week or so) it would be great to have a s**t pile of ideas so when I get it home I can start revamping it with the goodies

Great looking trailer! Looks like you have a nice start there with the cabinets. I would use some .060 aluminum, either checker or smooth and glue it to the wood lower plywood portion, it will dress it up, but more so will protect the trailer sides. If that was more then you wanted to spend then you could roll on some nice black box liner and that would dress it up also and give some protection. I would also put in some hooks, life the Superhangall (we sell it, sorry for the cheap plug, but it`s great stuff and it`s inexpensive and works awesome) You need some sort of hooks in there. Also another great thing would be to put a built in tool box up in the V nose. I think the best way to it and most cost effective way is to buy a bottom portion of a rolling tool box, and then build frame work around it. This is how we built our shop cabinets and they turned out great, a bit different then this application but same idea. Then you would have a nice counter to work on as well. I would also consider putting in a open helmet rack and boot storage so your boots could hang to dry. Also you should put in some ski guides to protect the floor, we can help you with that as well with the Superglides. Just some ideas! I attached a picture of the tool boxes we built to give you an idea, you would just build one of the sections, I'm sure you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 721

MRFUSION

Reaction score
I have a 4 place enclosed that sleeps 6 in the mountains with surround stereo, awning, and lots of goodies, I just cant figure out how to put pics on this site.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts guys I will be for sure putting the aluminum on the bottom covering up th plywood. I am also looking at adding a 110 power set up with a converter etc. does anyone know who has a "package" available. I already have toolbox and will build some framework to fit it in and as well as a small workbench. Good idea about the glides. I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more posts though, I would have thought most guys would love to talk about the improvements they have engineered.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, here is mine. It was a lined bare shell inside when I got it, I enjoy fooling around with it and adding as I go on the cheap.
I use it all summer and just about every weekend in the winter. Fits two sleds. one forward and one backed in.

Looking for a Furnace when I find the oppertunity. last week added a 750 watt inverter and rv battery. runs the stereo, dvd and Tv when not pluged in.
looking for source for LED strip lighting (12V). Also will add 2 outside Led lights this holiday season.
Also would like a couple of fold down benches. The metal style ones I see in some of the other trailers.

Has anyone ever found a Solo Cup holder? wall mount style??
018[2].jpg 021[2].jpg 020[1].jpg

the450kid

Reaction score
Where and what did you use to line the walls and cover the seams? I'd like to maybe modify my existing trailer if I knew I could source out the white lining (luan) and seam pieces.

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
I upgraded mine this fall. Basically started with a shell.
Put in some insulation, aluminum sheets, hooks, a couple shelves, fold up benches, some checker plate, and a heater.
the floor is aluminum with line x and airliner track for tie downs.

imagepng

Captain Undies

Reaction score

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin and I redid his enclosed last winter. Insulated and lined with white alum, new checker plate on v nose, mirror stainless trim around the exterior at the bottom to hide some surface rust, 100% new wiring, 20 LED interior lights on 2 switches, all new exterior LED lights, tracking on walls and floor (like in semi trailers for tie downs/ clothes hooks/ drink holders), puck board along the bottom of the interior walls, furnace with ductwork and grills to dry out gear, spray foam insulation under floor, propane tank mounted underneath c/w barbeque and tiger torch hook ups. As well as a lot of grinding, cutting and welding and fixing. The trailer should be good for another 10 years but if you factor in the hours and beer we drank doing it all, probably could have bought a new trailer lol but it would have been plain jane and no where near as redneck. It's usable but its not a 100% done yet, maybe I'll find some more redneck add ons on here. It's great for overnight trips when you don't require the luxury of the toyhauler we just use fold up cots although there has been some talk about cots that would hang off the wall tracking. Seems like you think of something new to add each time you use it. I tried to get him to mount a winch recessed in the floor for his can am but I guess there's usually a good quad to pull it in anyway lmao (hopefully the quad gods don't punish me for that comment).

Captain Undies

Reaction score

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cabinet with counter top for the v-nose corner any ideas where to buy local (edm)

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
Yes the venting is just the flexible ducting you can buy at most hardware stores.
I covered in with checker plate to clean up the look.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So ................ lets find and post where we can find this stuff.
Solo cup holder.
Fold down bench.... like those really nice custom orange ones above.
Furnace deals
and 12v LED strip lighting for the roof. 4-8 ft lenghts

Very nice job Cappy. very clean and well done.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fold down stripper pole, a disco ball and mini bar....

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is mine so far. e track sideways for the ratchet straps, tie down rings and broom. led strip lighting thanks to another snow and mudder for the idea 5 strips per side 5m flexible waterproof 300 leds shipped here from Hong Kong 1.5 weeks $13.00 per strip total ebay. Lower cabinet came from crappy tire Black and Decker $220.00 cteck hooked to trailer battery to keep up charge with house plug. Power inverter when on the road with 12 plug Noma power bar $45.00. there is a ball hitch on the floor at front so a 2000 winch can mount to pull in the dead sled or quad. Princess Auto 12v portable winch was on sale $50.00. Super Glides through out. Super Clamps front and back. Simple so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your buddy should be selling those fold down benches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom