New sled NIGHTMARE!

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my thoughts as well, if it was over a lousy $300 and the dealer made the mistake by a misplaced ad, and as a dealer wont even acknowledge the fact it may well be only $300. sell the 1 sled and remove the ad so to not happen again. they may have sold one machine at $300 less but might have well gained it back in service work or other items within the store from the same customer.

o well as mentioned already he has a new machine :d

and i for one like to hear the good and bad that goes on wether it be about dealers or some tard out on the trails causeing grief or stealing sleds, whatever. its all about the sledding community in general. you cant have the good without the bad

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i take that personally grinny as i am in sales and my company is FAR FROM SHADY! where do you get off putting everyone in the same boat because some people do have bad experiences. sometimes there are unforscene circumstances and it causes issues. this does not mean a dealership is trying to screw the customer. Sometimes they are crooked. Don't say that all dealerships are crooked. in this case, price was advertised and deposit was taken. its a deal. end of story. if he pushs the matter he will get it but his service will suck.:mad::mad::mad:

He isn't going to take it there for service anyway - he lives in Saskatchewan.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its too bad that your deal couldn't happen the way you wanted, how ever posting and running salemen and owners down is weak! i think the discrepecy is over $300 , make a phone call and work it out with civicpowersports, their good guys and an excellent dealer, i have bought a few quads from them and had no problems! not all deals go smoothly, as i am sure you know, mistakes con be made but with some give and take you can make a deal that make both parties happy! don't post your deals good or bad, these deals are your bussiness, and i don't want to know how it went!:nono: Civicpowersports is a great bussiness, community supporter, and stand up dealership.

I hate these type of comments - the guy has a legitimate beef - this is a members forum which he is a member of - then some '2 posts' guy gets on here and says he is wrong for stating his complaint - let me guess you are spending family day with your dealer right??????

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it could be a ligitimate mistake, and if they recieve a retraction letter from the company who provided the ad or the creative for it, then you have squat, and what is threating a lawyer going to do??

The second thing, is that the dealer if he couldn't do that, he should have bucked up and said okay sorry for the greif, here is what i can do.

and for the guy in a above who trashed every car dealer,....NO COMMENT!

El Gaucho

Reaction score
I have not read all of the posts so maybe this has been mentioned already.

Alberta has an organization called AMVIC (welcome to AMVIC Committed to providing a fair marketplace for both Consumers and Businesses), it don't know if it applies to recreational vehicle sales......

AMVIC is trying to "clean up" and improve the vehicle sales industry in Alberta. Refer to the website, if you feel that you have a valid concern, I think that AMVIC would be interested in hearing about it.

Regards.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not read all of the posts so maybe this has been mentioned already.

Alberta has an organization called AMVIC (welcome to AMVIC Committed to providing a fair marketplace for both Consumers and Businesses), it don't know if it applies to recreational vehicle sales......

AMVIC is trying to "clean up" and improve the vehicle sales industry in Alberta. Refer to the website, if you feel that you have a valid concern, I think that AMVIC would be interested in hearing about it.

Regards.

they have nothing to do with sleds, quads or sleds!!

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, the owner or manager should have had the balls to "pipe up" and call you himself and admit there was a mistake, secondly if $300.00 is going to loose you a potential customer...as a dealer, I'd eat the 3 hun.
With that said, I'd go shop elsewhere with a company that put some honesty in there deals. I think these guys will be grief with any issues you have in the future.

flatlandguy

Reaction score
its too bad that your deal couldn't happen the way you wanted, how ever posting and running salemen and owners down is weak! i think the discrepecy is over $300 , make a phone call and work it out with civicpowersports, their good guys and an excellent dealer, i have bought a few quads from them and had no problems! not all deals go smoothly, as i am sure you know, mistakes con be made but with some give and take you can make a deal that make both parties happy! don't post your deals good or bad, these deals are your bussiness, and i don't want to know how it went!:nono: Civicpowersports is a great bussiness, community supporter, and stand up dealership.

Too bad if you think it is weak of me to post info about a dealer and salesman who don't have the integrity to honor a deal! It was not only a verbal deal, they had accepted my $500.00 deposit on my visa card and faxed me a contract with a serial # on it. I'm pretty sure I would have had a good case in court but who wants to go through all that chit for $300.00 ?? As other guys have said , there are lots of other sleds out there at other dealerships. For me it's a matter of principal, If they'll try to screw a guy over $300.00,, what won't they try and screw you over???
It just _issed me off so bad that I had to go public with the info. I usually like to keep my business to myself.
Since I have been attending S&M functions, I have come to see most of these guys (and a few gals) as a band of brothers and I let my brothers know when somebody is out screwing with brothers!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im with you on this Gerald and I dont think any one really slandered or said anything that should be kept in a closet.It is really simple,They made the deal ,they should honor it.Obviously somebody at the dealership made a mistake,good dealerships make mistakes too.That being said they should honor it and take there three hundred dollar loss which means the salesman loses a litttle money but everybody goes home happy and this thread is a lot shorter.Why is it the little guy always gets kicked in the azz!
catmando!

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Im with you on this Gerald and I dont think any one really slandered or said anything that should be kept in a closet.It is really simple,They made the deal ,they should honor it.Obviously somebody at the dealership made a mistake,good dealerships make mistakes too.That being said they should honor it and take there three hundred dollar loss which means the salesman loses a litttle money but everybody goes home happy and this thread is a lot shorter.Why is it the little guy always gets kicked in the azz!
catmando!

Thanks Lyle.. . and about the little guy, usually because the big guy knows that he can and the little guy can't do anything about it!!! Except maybe tell all the other little guys to stay away from that big guy.....'cause he ain't nice to little guys!

albertaguy

Reaction score
I have been watching this thread for a while and have to say "GROW UP"

I also work at a BRP dealer and would like to clear up a few things!! I looked at Civics web page and noticed that under Terms of use and conditions on there site that it states that at anytime before delivery they have the right to back out on any deal! Sounds to me that's what they did.I can see to a point why you are dissapointed, but they way you are going about it is imature. Also posting the signed document on the site for everyone to see the signature without the permission of Jamie is a NO NO. He might have the ground to stand on for suing you under the privacy act for showing everyone his signature.....not cool!! Call him names and be upset but please think about your actions. Sorry if this upsets anyone else!

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Why is it when someone posts a negative experience we get a 5 page response with alot of peeps saying that it is'nt right to vent in a public forum?
There is nothing wrong with putting up a thread to ask others for input or talk about a negative experience. It's not like anything said was deceitful or untrue.
On Snow and Mud we see quite a few threads on positive feedback and not once have I seen anybody say that this isn't the place to air out a great experience....

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been watching this thread for a while and have to say "GROW UP"

I also work at a BRP dealer and would like to clear up a few things!! I looked at Civics web page and noticed that under Terms of use and conditions on there site that it states that at anytime before delivery they have the right to back out on any deal! Sounds to me that's what they did.I can see to a point why you are dissapointed, but they way you are going about it is imature. Also posting the signed document on the site for everyone to see the signature without the permission of Jamie is a NO NO. He might have the ground to stand on for suing you under the privacy act for showing everyone his signature.....not cool!! Call him names and be upset but please think about your actions. Sorry if this upsets anyone else!

I wholeheartedly disagree with the above comments. What's the point of advertising a certain price for an item if you can just back out of the deal at any time? Regardless of whether they said that in the terms, this seems somewhat shady to me. What if a person thought he'd made the deal, drove hundreds of miles to pick up the sled, then when arriving, was told that he had to pay more for it? You actually think this is a good business practice? You think that would be fair? I'd be surprised that if a person made a deal, and both the buyer and seller's signature were on the deal, that any judge would allow the seller to increase the price because the machine hadn't been picked up yet. That's no different than you and I agreeing on a price to sell my sled to you, then when you show up with the cash to get the machine, I tell you "Sorry, but I decided I want more than we agreed to, pay up or go away." You're honestly going to sit here and tell me that you'd think that was right or fair? And, would you want to deal with me in the future?
It may be that because of the "terms and conditions" that the dealer has the LEGAL RIGHT to back out of the deal, but said practice is immoral and I am glad that Flatlandguy alerted me to this situation, as I would not deal with a dealer that will do this! I don't know why any dealer that cares about their reputation would do this. Does the dealership you work at have the same practice?

albertaguy

Reaction score
No we don't have the same practice, but after talking with Jamie (who I know looks after his customers very well) he did call and try to reason with the customer which went on to try and tell him how to lose money like he does sometimes. Civic is a good dealer...ask people who deal there. Like ourselves we do the best we can at our dealer also. You can't keep everyone happy...that's life! just remember.....2 sides to every story guys and gals.You don't see us dealers post bad customers on sites like this do you....maybe we should!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
No we don't have the same practice, but after talking with Jamie (who I know looks after his customers very well) he did call and try to reason with the customer which went on to try and tell him how to lose money like he does sometimes. Civic is a good dealer...ask people who deal there. Like ourselves we do the best we can at our dealer also. You can't keep everyone happy...that's life! just remember.....2 sides to every story guys and gals.You don't see us dealers post bad customers on sites like this do you....maybe we should!

Any good forum worth belonging to runs under a quazi self governance model, it is the membership, moderators and ultimately the founder whom determines content.

Your opinions and view are as equal to all others BUT they are your opinions and views.

There are many threads that praise dealers and many that do not…it is by virtue of the discussion that makes the forum a place to gain insight to a make, model and yes dealer.

As you pointed out there are two sides to every story including the ‘Bad Customer’ ones too.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where do you work again? :D

Nothing like handing someone a cheque for $10G's for a new sled and they tell you to be a good customer or you might be ridiculed on the internet...LMAO!

I'm sorry but I almost find this comical. I mean...come on, I'd really like to hear the "other" side of this story. I think that flatlandguy has been pretty straightforward with it, as far as I can tell, there is no indication that he is lying. He has provided copies of the ad and the bill of sale, both proof that the deal was moving forward in good faith. I'm interested if the dealership or your dealership would be willing to post sales figures from last year and what the dealer cost is on this very sled.

I'm sure there are some people that think my local dealer is a good group of folks too, so here's a funny story from my perspective: When I was in there a few years ago in JANUARY trying to buy main jets for my sled and they tell me that they will have to order them in, while the chick beside me is buying a steering damper for her street bike that SHE CAN'T RIDE FOR 6 MONTHS, she tells the sale rep to order one in and the sales rep says to her......"No need to order them in, we have a box of them in the back." LOL, so its Jan and I'd have to wait 10 days for main jets and she can go home today and hook up her steering damper?? Ask me how many times I have been back there.......one look at their new retail outlet and it sure doesn't seem like they have missed my business at all though. I'm sure they could spare $300 on a new sled that was a mis-printed price and was their error.

Every time I drive by Turple Bros, Blackfoot Motorsports or any other recreational dealer in Alberta, I have a hard time believing that they are having a hard go of things during the economic prosperity. Not sure about Civic, but I know a lot of them don't look like they've got it terribly rough. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to make money when times are good, and I'm not saying the overall price of flatlandguy's sled was unfair either. But the issue of the ad and the initial sales agreement in this case still stands. Sorry if you have some customers that are breaking your b@lls over a $90 shock or trying to pull a fast one on your dealership, that's sales and service.

I will give a shout out to Ralph's here in Calgary though, they have been good to me and often are willing to go the extra step to make sure I'm happy and one tech even gave me the time of day to discuss oil pump calibration for about 20 mins so that I could do it myself. And I haven't even bought a sled there....ever. I haven't even spent $500 there. That's service IMO.

Top Bottom