New sled NIGHTMARE!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Gerald,I would pursue it without getting to crazy,The same thing happened to me at the sled show,A certain polaris dealer post a price on the quad they had all dressed up,the price was the stock price before the 4000 dollars of add ons,I made a deal and took pics of the price on the quad with the salesman standing beside me and when the owner showed up it was quashed very fast and I was told after he conveniently removed the price to basically take a hike,Mine was made verbally and when the boss showed up I was waiting with my wife to do the paperwork,I wish I would have been in your position with the paperwork completed!
catmando!
Good Luck on whatever you decide!

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that there is nothing for them to back out of, a sighned bill of sale and deposit excepted.DONE DEAL!!! It pisses me off how they advertise one thing and try to sell you another.:realmad:

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i take that personally grinny as i am in sales and my company is FAR FROM SHADY! where do you get off putting everyone in the same boat because some people do have bad experiences. sometimes there are unforscene circumstances and it causes issues. this does not mean a dealership is trying to screw the customer. Sometimes they are crooked. Don't say that all dealerships are crooked. in this case, price was advertised and deposit was taken. its a deal. end of story. if he pushs the matter he will get it but his service will suck.:mad::mad::mad:

maybe saying that all dealerships are shady was a bit too harsh and i apologize if i offended you. all i meant to say was that it seems that everybody has a story like this and that you should always watch your back no matter who your dealing with. good on you posnick for being an honest salesman :beer:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would you have to spend to get a dealer that you will want to deal with in the future? When you need repairs and get put at the bottom of the list it will cost you more in stress and lost sleep than it's worth to save a few bucks now.

Not that I'm against getting the best deal, just consider the long term as well.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gibbons motor toys has some 163 X's left for $11 499 no electric starts on them. and 1 163 Everst e/start $10 849 if that helps you out.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had this happen to me a couple years ago with a deal on a HOUSE!!!

my to be home was 1/4 through construction when HOMEXX CORP calls me up and demands another $40k to finish the home or they will stop constrction.

we originaly bought the land to build on and in turn gave the titel of land ownership to Homexx so we could blend the land costs into the morgage. ( typical thing to do ) when they wanted to get more money do to riseing costs and inflation when the house market here was booming like mad they said they couldnt continue construction because the land had no driveway to access the property but yet 1/4 of the construction was complete and why should i provide a roadway i legaly do not own the land yet? Homexx holds the titel of land, which in turn any easments required for access becomes theres.

it was a ploy by the company to gain $40k more in funds for a loss they had incured due to a riseing economy.

long story short i hired a damn good lawyer...got every dime back from HOMEXX CORP , walked away from the whole deal. found a new site to build on, got a different builder localy to the area and built a new home.

i must have the worste luck cause now 2.5 years later my home still isnt complete by a local home builder and am dealing with New Home Warranty to go after this clown to finish the job hes been payed for

ps. if your looking to build or purchase a home in the Leduc county and you want My Opinion of which builder to NOT buy from, drop me a PM :mad:

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the troubles you had with Civic. I know the guys there pretty good and generally they're excellent to deal with. I'd give them a call and ask to speak with Doug (he owns the place) - just explain the deal and everything (good that you have the deal in writing).

Hopefully everything works out for you though

As some of you know, I have been shopping for a new sled. I have a thread under the brand forums, in Skidoo, where I asked if anybody knew of any dealerships that have a new 09 Summit 800 / 163. Well several guys responded and gave me names of dealerships and even in some cases the name of the salesman to talk to. Thanks to all who provided this info.
Yesterday (Wed. Feb 11/09) I did some shopping of my own via BRP dealer locator and searched some web sites.I came across an ad. on the site of Civic PowerSports in Westlock,AB.
This ad. lists exactly the sled I am looking for and says in big bold print
" INCLUDES FREIGHT, PDI & 2nd YEAR WARR + $300 E.START "
Sale Price $11,199.00
Now until March 31, 2009
Well I made a few ph. calls to other dealerships, was told by several that the 2nd year warranty is $550.00 and e-start models would be another $300 - $350.
So I phoned Civic Powersports and talked to a salesman named Jamie, told him what I was looking for. He said that they had just such a sled sitting in their showroom. We talked about price and I told him about the ad. on their web site. He looked at it and said "well that sure is what it says, the gal who enters these ads on the site must have made a mistake because the e-start should be in addition to that price".
I said " Well that may be, but thats what the ad says".
Jamie said " So I guess I have to sell it to you at that price or its false advertising".
I said " I guess so, I think I'll take it".
Jamie said " I'll need some kind of a deposit to hold the deal, how would you like to pay for that? A credit card payment of $500.00 would do".
I said " Ya, I can do that".
So I gave him my Visa # and he charged $500.00 to it.
I asked him to fax me a copy of the contract with the sled serial # and particulars along with the Visa receipt. He said that he would.
We agreed that I could pick up the sled today.
I was pleased with my purchase and decide to phone my buddy Sumx54 in Whitecourt and told him that I had bought a new sled that he was going to have trouble keeping up with.;) I thought that seeing how as I was going to be in Westlock any way, I might as well go to Whitecourt for this weekend and take in the activities.He gratiously invited me to stay at his place and ride with him Fri and Sat. and so the plans were made.
I went back out to my shop to work for the rest of the afternoon and thats when the nightmare started!
About a half hour later Jamie phones me from Civic Powersports and says
"Sorry man, but I been going over this deal with my boss and we can't do it."
I said " but we had a deal, you took my deposit."
Jamie said " Ya I know, but the boss says no".
I pressed him a bit further but he insisted saying that we had nothing in writing and that he was going to credit my deposit back to my Visa card.
What was I to do?
Later when I went into the house for supper, it got really bizzar!!! On my fax machine was a copy of a contract signed by Jamie with serial # and the whole 9 yards. There is a place for my signature to send it back to them
There is also a copy of the debit of $500.00 from my Visa and another page with a copy of a $500.00 credit to my Visa.
WHAT DOES A GUY DO ????????????:rant::rant::rant:
I have attached supporting documents, They are upside down but I don't know how to rotate them, but they're there so you all know I'm not BSing!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the paper gm canada had 4.8l crew sierra sle 1s for $288 a month lease tax extra. I walked in with the paper the salesman never seen it before and it had been out for a month. I said i want this with power seat and the 5.3l with this deal and just add the price on top of what the truck in the paper costs. He dicked around and came in a couple times and he said ok finally and i put money down and his manager said no damn way, i said you have to its gm canada's ad. so some bitching and some threats that i will go somewhere else and bla bla bla the deal works and i got the 5.3 z71 power seat crew with more months, more mile lease for $350 tax in hahaha ........ only thing is it was suppose to have a chrome grill, handles, mirrors, and running boards but the dealer gave me a $1200 check because i already owned a gmc.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the dealer is doing something like this before you even own the sled; what do you think he's going to do if you ever have to bring it back for warrenty. Walk away and tell everybody you can about the dealer.:beer::beer::beer:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think you need to give the owner or the Manager a chance to rectify the situation. Dont know that its fair to bash on a company because of a salesman screwing up. Could be young and inexperienced. Im sure if you go talk to the owner he will do his best to make it right. If he doesnt then bash away.

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the troubles you had with Civic. I know the guys there pretty good and generally they're excellent to deal with. I'd give them a call and ask to speak with Doug (he owns the place) - just explain the deal and everything (good that you have the deal in writing).

Hopefully everything works out for you though

Well either Jamie is a liar or Doug already knows,because when I was talking to him he let on that Doug was standing right there beside him and they were looking at the ad and reading the copy that I had faxed to them and said "no way, we're not doing that".
Either way, I won't deal with guys who pull this kind of BS.I think the best way to treat these guys is to take my money some place else. I hope others do the same!
I shopped around a bit more and on a referal wound up at Ecko Marine in Alberta Beach. No screwing around, just a straight up cash deal. I bought a 163 X. Going riding around Whitecourt today:d:d:d.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Tell them you want the sled at the agreed price as shown on your contract with your deposit, but, tell them you'll throw in a Snow and Mud Shirt to sweeten the deal for them. This can't be a good thread for them.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well either Jamie is a liar or Doug already knows,because when I was talking to him he let on that Doug was standing right there beside him and they were looking at the ad and reading the copy that I had faxed to them and said "no way, we're not doing that".
Either way, I won't deal with guys who pull this kind of BS.I think the best way to treat these guys is to take my money some place else. I hope others do the same!
I shopped around a bit more and on a referal wound up at Ecko Marine in Alberta Beach. No screwing around, just a straight up cash deal. I bought a 163 X. Going riding around Whitecourt today:d:d:d.

ecko marine will take good care of ya. their service dept is good too. they usually gets peeps in quick. Now you just need to find some snow to enjoy your new ride. when do ya get it?

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Iron Horse said. You might win the battle but loose the war. No use buying a sled from a dealer that doesn't want to sell it to you. And you will sure spend the money you saved on the sled if you take the route of the lawyers.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people seems to mention how youl be treaded after you bought the sled...who gives a damn he dosnt have to take it to them for any service ....ever.

mute point anyway as hes bought a sled elsewhere... GOOD on you

hope you enjoy the ride. i for one thank you for the information posted. i dont live in the area but its still nice to know whats going on around the community

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its too bad that your deal couldn't happen the way you wanted, how ever posting and running salemen and owners down is weak! i think the discrepecy is over $300 , make a phone call and work it out with civicpowersports, their good guys and an excellent dealer, i have bought a few quads from them and had no problems! not all deals go smoothly, as i am sure you know, mistakes con be made but with some give and take you can make a deal that make both parties happy! don't post your deals good or bad, these deals are your bussiness, and i don't want to know how it went!:nono: Civicpowersports is a great bussiness, community supporter, and stand up dealership.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For every good deal you pass up there is always at least 4 more waiting for you in the future. Brother in-law bought one from Pines in Prince Alberta
2009 800 146" Everest with Electric start 10,500 tax paid. Forget about the losers in Westlock, tell everyone you know not buy there and carry on. The sledding community is big, but word of mouth travels fast.

Mayfly

Reaction score
its too bad that your deal couldn't happen the way you wanted, how ever posting and running salemen and owners down is weak! i think the discrepecy is over $300 , make a phone call and work it out with civicpowersports, their good guys and an excellent dealer, i have bought a few quads from them and had no problems! not all deals go smoothly, as i am sure you know, mistakes con be made but with some give and take you can make a deal that make both parties happy! don't post your deals good or bad, these deals are your bussiness, and i don't want to know how it went!:nono: Civicpowersports is a great bussiness, community supporter, and stand up dealership.

Well some of us are interested, like you said it was over $300.00, you would think they would eat that cost and gain a happy customer.

Top Bottom