New Season

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well the season is about to begin and we have a new website coming soon. Our trail will be up. Trail maybe different or smaller time will tell. If you are from the trail area and willing to help a little it would be appreciated muchly.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just about our whole North trail. Access to the north trail has been bought up by Shell. Area north of Country Boyz restaraunt. Our trail will probbally go from the Clubhouse to Bruderhiem and Clubhouse to Country Boyz restraunt and fuel then end.:sadbanana:

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take it that Shell doesnt want anybody on their land? what happened to the big oil companies being good neighbors to all???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a shame that the trails keep getting smaller or re-directed. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a five year run of landowner agreements and trail consistancy so the trailheads woudn't have so much work?

Our trail is etched pretty much in stone for several years, mind you its a bit of a trot out to it, but it is a very nice system. Hopefully we'll be able to connect to AB Beach this year and then everything will be beautiful.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Our trail is etched pretty much in stone for several years, mind you its a bit of a trot out to it, but it is a very nice system. Hopefully we'll be able to connect to AB Beach this year and then everything will be beautiful.

TYLERG: YOU GUYS HAVE IT A LOT EASIER IN STONY PLAIN THAN WE DOO OUT HERE... IN STRATHCONA COUNTY IT IS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE A QUAD, SLED, MOTORBIKE IN DITCHES ALONG ROADS ETC.... SO OUR TRAIL SYSTEM IS ONE OF PURE PERMITS ON FARMERS/BUSINESS LANDS. THIS IS AN ONGOING BATTLE(THAT WE SEEM TO BE LOOSING), TO KEEP THE TRAIL SYSTEM OPERATING. LAND CHANGES HANDS AND SUDDENLY 1 PORTION OF THE TRAIL IS STALLED AND THE TRAIL CANNOT BE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION AGAIN.... GLAD THE ELECTIONS ARE THIS YEAR, AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN GET THE BYLAW LIFTED OR AT LEAST EASED..... SLEDDERGLEN WAS ON AN ORGANIZING COMMITEE TO GET SOME CONNECTOR TRAILS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY FOR SLEDDERS AND QUADS, BUT OF COURSE THE BEAUREAUCRAT/POLITICIANS SQUISHED THAT IDEA, NOW THERE IS SOME OTHER KIND OF PROPOSAL ON THE BOARD, BUT PERSONALLY, I DOUBT ANYTHING IS IN THE WRITING FOR SLEDDERS!!!
ZRRR HAD A GOOD LETTER THAT HE HAS SUBMITTED SEVERAL TIMES AROUND COUNTY "BRASS", SO HOPEFULLY HE SEES THIS POST AND CAN POST IT AGAIN..... AWESOME LETTER.
SLEDDERGLEN: IS THE SOUTH LAKE NOT GONNA BE OPEN THIS YEAR AROUND BUD'S LAKE???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TYLERG: YOU GUYS HAVE IT A LOT EASIER IN STONY PLAIN THAN WE DOO OUT HERE... IN STRATHCONA COUNTY IT IS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE A QUAD, SLED, MOTORBIKE IN DITCHES ALONG ROADS ETC.... SO OUR TRAIL SYSTEM IS ONE OF PURE PERMITS ON FARMERS/BUSINESS LANDS. THIS IS AN ONGOING BATTLE(THAT WE SEEM TO BE LOOSING), TO KEEP THE TRAIL SYSTEM OPERATING. LAND CHANGES HANDS AND SUDDENLY 1 PORTION OF THE TRAIL IS STALLED AND THE TRAIL CANNOT BE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION AGAIN.... GLAD THE ELECTIONS ARE THIS YEAR, AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN GET THE BYLAW LIFTED OR AT LEAST EASED..... SLEDDERGLEN WAS ON AN ORGANIZING COMMITEE TO GET SOME CONNECTOR TRAILS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY FOR SLEDDERS AND QUADS, BUT OF COURSE THE BEAUREAUCRAT/POLITICIANS SQUISHED THAT IDEA, NOW THERE IS SOME OTHER KIND OF PROPOSAL ON THE BOARD, BUT PERSONALLY, I DOUBT ANYTHING IS IN THE WRITING FOR SLEDDERS!!!
ZRRR HAD A GOOD LETTER THAT HE HAS SUBMITTED SEVERAL TIMES AROUND COUNTY "BRASS", SO HOPEFULLY HE SEES THIS POST AND CAN POST IT AGAIN..... AWESOME LETTER.
SLEDDERGLEN: IS THE SOUTH LAKE NOT GONNA BE OPEN THIS YEAR AROUND BUD'S LAKE???

We are having several of the same issues, thats why we are on a grazing reserve, our original trail was supposed to run from the South West end of Jackfish lake out to just about where our current trail is. We had 2 problems with this trail #1. The county, and #2. The Native band. Thats why that one got put on the backburner, I think eventually we will have that one open as well, but for now we'll deal with the 35km we have :)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was interesting last year when I sent the letter. One council person responded and he was fantastic. Eventually, months later, the mayor herself sent me an e-mail. To make it short I was basically told to take a flying leap. If the elections are coming then it's time to get the media involved, go to the public forums and bring it up in front of everyone, etc.

Regarding Shell, I too always though these companies were stewards of the community and willing to work together. Is there someone within Shell, responsible for this project, that we should be speaking too? A little time with the right people might actually produce a "better" trail system with their support. I'm willing to be a part of it.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Zrrr... Glad To Hear From You:).... Hopefully Sledderglen Will Reply, As He Is The Man In The Know.
It Is Very Frustrating Not Being Able To Sled Ditches Etc., But That's The Law. Even The Rcmp Constable Responsible For Sledders Etc. Is Frustrated. He Lives On An Acreage And Has Sleds And Sons And Cannot Sled Off His Small Property, Like He Did When He Was A Youngster.......
Oh, The Overprotected, Drabby Life We're Passing On To Our Kids!!!!:(

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meeing tonight to go over the latest greatest deal the county has now. Will post tommorrow with more info. Tri-County club also active on route along 214 to access Ministik from cooking lake. Progress is slow. ZRrrr phone 1-800-what trail at Shell. Where to start with a world wide company. My time during working hrs is minimal

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glenn, got your PM. We'll figure this out. Sometimes it's just a matter of tracking down the right person. I had a thought that an overhead pic showing the location and where the trail runs (did run) might be good so that they can see and maybe offer their own suggestions. Can anyone here get that?

Since I'm taking over the job that the ASA "should" be doing, does this mean I won't have to pay for trail passes this year......here we go......

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Glenn, got your PM. We'll figure this out. Sometimes it's just a matter of tracking down the right person. I had a thought that an overhead pic showing the location and where the trail runs (did run) might be good so that they can see and maybe offer their own suggestions. Can anyone here get that?

Since I'm taking over the job that the ASA "should" be doing, does this mean I won't have to pay for trail passes this year......here we go......

MAYBE SOMETHIN' COULD BE WORKED OUT.... EH, GLENN????

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

would a cookie crumb trail downloaded from a GPS help????

Top Bottom