new quads

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2006 i had the Honda Rincon 680 loaded, it was a great machine ,but REALLY lacked power! In 2007 i had an 800 Can-Am Outty it had tons of power but also tons of problems (lucky they covered most of it under warranty). Can-Am head office did not care, they told me if i didn't like it "too bad" lots of other folks will still buy our quads. I know most people are having good luck with the Can-Am and i'm sure i just got a lemon. I now have a '08 750 Brute Force and really love it, great power, very few minor problems.
At the moment though am having alot of wrist pain from yrs of abuse, so will be selling the Brute & getting a machine with power steering.
So far it's down to the 700 Grizz or the new Polaris 850 XP, i have NEVER been a polaris fan but these new XP ones really seem like the best thing out (completely redisgned & all the old problems fixed).
I used all of the above mentioned quads alot at least 2000 km per year if not more.
If you want all the power of the Can-Am & a better 4wd system, better downhill engine braking,better ground clearance, more suspension travel etc. etc. etc. Go with the Polaris XP as long as you think it will be reliable for the LONG term.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my brute for te most part i'v had some issuse, like the front diff let go i it but thats mostly my fault 29.5 outlaws are verry verry hard on stuff... lve the power on the brute definitly has more bottom end then the 800 outty not as much top end though. Also If you could find an 08 750 brute still you could probaly get it for around $8 000.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 650 outlander and my wife has the 700 grizzly. The outlander will eat the grizzly and the 750 brutes that go with us. Alot of people give the visco lok a bad wrap, most things i go through in 2wd any way. So if you're looking for power, the canam, or a quad that woman would like, the grizzly( just kidding yammi guys). King quad would not be in the picture,polaris for comfort if you have lots of money for parts(had a polaris...been there done that..got smarter). Only thing that will beat the 650 outty is the 800 outty imho. (never seen the new thunder cat in action)

feyd

Reaction score
I have an '07 KQ700 which is slightly modified (lots actually) and I haven't had any major problems with it. It's VERY reliable, as much or more then a Grizzly, it gets pretty good mileage and I do like the sealed rear brakes (not like the Griz and many others). With the brake like this it will last a very long time as it sits in the rear diff fluid and will not get muddy, etc. Lots of people always say Griz Griz Griz but they forget that the KQ is one of the best ones out there and it often gets looked over because everyone is on the Griz bandwagon.

Attachments

• 227513.jpg
    227513.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 227515.jpg
    227515.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 38

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 KQ700 which is slightly modified (lots actually) and I haven't had any major problems with it. It's VERY reliable, as much or more then a Grizzly, it gets pretty good mileage and I do like the sealed rear brakes (not like the Griz and many others). With the brake like this it will last a very long time as it sits in the rear diff fluid and will not get muddy, etc. Lots of people always say Griz Griz Griz but they forget that the KQ is one of the best ones out there and it often gets looked over because everyone is on the Griz bandwagon.

They are just hard to start when cold. HAHAHAHA:rollinglaugh:

feyd

Reaction score
They are just hard to start when cold. HAHAHAHA:rollinglaugh:

That's just when you have a VDI....stock they are fine. The VDI requires a good battery since it needs like 9.5 volts to start....my battery is starting to go down the crapper.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 650 outlander and my wife has the 700 grizzly. The outlander will eat the grizzly and the 750 brutes that go with us. Alot of people give the visco lok a bad wrap, most things i go through in 2wd any way. So if you're looking for power, the canam, or a quad that woman would like, the grizzly( just kidding yammi guys). King quad would not be in the picture,polaris for comfort if you have lots of money for parts(had a polaris...been there done that..got smarter). Only thing that will beat the 650 outty is the 800 outty imho. (never seen the new thunder cat in action)

Until recently i would have whole heartly agreed with your view on Polaris, but once you look closely at the ALL NEW 850 XP & read all the reviews and talk to the owners. The view changes ,it seems Polaris has corrected all the previous problems with this new unit. It has the same power as the 800 Outty & the best power steering in the industry, the most (stock) ground clearance & suspension travel,the best downhill braking and a better all wheel drive system than Can-Am. It doesn't overheat like MOST of the other brands (i know i've owned and riden' most of them), if your'e into all out speed (i've heard they will be between 75 - 85 MPH) If thats true can you say Can-Am killer?? At around $11,000 WITH power steering it is comparable in $$$$ to most of the others as well. It also comes stock with 14'' tires. When you compare all the upgrades & features it's got with all the others and TRY to forget what the Polaris quads used to be like, you may look twice at it.
By the way yes the Outty will ''eat'' the Grizz, however the Grizz is proven to be more realiable in the long term.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Ya with the older ecm there a b@#$* to start but now they start up in -25 or at least my machines do(i use a demo that loves to start on 3rdcrank every time and this was at -32). Every bike that sees alot of winters gets the cold start kit installed while uncrating.

karl #1

Reaction score
Looking at getting myself a new quad looking at the 09 grizz 700 09 kq 750and 09 canam 800. Really torn between the 3 any input on any machine would be appreciated. What ppl would suggest as the best bang for your buck...like the 3 year warranty on canam!

:cigar:

Hey dummy narrow down your chioces, your jumping for a $9000 to a $14000 quad. Three completely different Atvs at that. the 700 grizley with power steering and air cushion seat is probably designed for your grandmother. The 750 king quad has a little more power and is heavy in the steering so maybe grandpa should ride that one. If you want to be the MANN of the family go with the can am.

:bullrider:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah go buy your self 13 000 DOLLAR ATV with a piss poor fram .... over priced for what they are.... thats all ill say they got pretty good but not any better then the brute for the $$$$$$$ differance.. not worth it .

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey dummy narrow down your chioces, your jumping for a $9000 to a $14000 quad. Three completely different Atvs at that. the 700 grizley with power steering and air cushion seat is probably designed for your grandmother. The 750 king quad has a little more power and is heavy in the steering so maybe grandpa should ride that one. If you want to be the MANN of the family go with the can am.

:nono:Hey now there's no need to be rude here !!!Where do you think you can get one of the above mentioned qauds for $9000, i've looked and it's closer to $11,000 & around $13,000 for the Can-Am. Those that talk about power steering like you are normally just jealous becuase your brand hasn't stepped up with it. Bruteskeg is right about Can-Am's weak frame,but he forgot to mention the weak fr. springs,electrical problems,poor fr. brakes.etc. etc. I know i had a Can-Am 800 as well!! Out of those 3 quads,the most bang for the buck would be the 700 Grizz, very realiable. I would also consider the all new Polaris 850 XP , all the old Polaris problems have been fixed with these & it'll kill a stock 800 Can-Am.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River

I think you should ride a KQ , what do you mean heavy steering, doesn't seem that way to me and ive been riding KQ for 4 yrs now. And how would grampa be able to turn if it was haeavy steering?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to look at the new 850 very nice machine!! definetly in the running fairly well priced as well! like that copper color. father in law still loves his KQ

still waying my options and money little scared with the economy and my job...have my own framing company and although still haven't had anytime off nothing is a guarantee these days..

still appreciate all the info keep it coming even if it resorts to name calling....nothing else intelligent to say i guess.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono:Hey now there's no need to be rude here !!!Where do you think you can get one of the above mentioned qauds for $9000, i've looked and it's closer to $11,000 & around $13,000 for the Can-Am. Those that talk about power steering like you are normally just jealous becuase your brand hasn't stepped up with it. Bruteskeg is right about Can-Am's weak frame,but he forgot to mention the weak fr. springs,electrical problems,poor fr. brakes.etc. etc. I know i had a Can-Am 800 as well!! Out of those 3 quads,the most bang for the buck would be the 700 Grizz, very realiable. I would also consider the all new Polaris 850 XP , all the old Polaris problems have been fixed with these & it'll kill a stock 800 Can-Am.

How do you know all the problems have been worked out with this NEW design? It`s only been out a few months and has not seen the mud season here yet! They might of fixed the old problems but how many new ones did they create . Does that look like an easy belt change on the 850 ?The Grizzly is the least powerfull of the big bores,which helps the reliability factor alot. This is the HEAVIEST of the 4/4 quads with the most power, that will decrease reliability trust me .They are having issues with the belts on these allready. Like any first year quad their will be issues i am sure.They are a huge improvement ,that does not make them proven yet imo. As far as a canam killer, if you are referring to speed you are misstaken as the 800r outlander IS faster as documented on video on Highlifter.The renegade is a far faster bike period. I own a polaris RZR that i like quite a bit so as you can see i am not brand loyal, just call it the way i see it. The rzr is great but the plastic roller cage in the diff is a problem,if the 850 xp has the same setup (plastic) it won`t be quite as SUPERIOR as you claim ,trust me. At 800 lbs and 70 HP things will break!This is just my thoughts based on my findings.....

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to look at the new 850 very nice machine!! definetly in the running fairly well priced as well! like that copper color. father in law still loves his KQ

still waying my options and money little scared with the economy and my job...have my own framing company and although still haven't had anytime off nothing is a guarantee these days..

still appreciate all the info keep it coming even if it resorts to name calling....nothing else intelligent to say i guess.
Cycle Works Edmonton in Oct p/u a 08 brute 9200.00 out the door with 26" tires, love the 11hours ive got on it, just took it into get 10hr check done, only thing ive noticed is the tranny seal is seeping a bit. Powers nice efi works good, old man has a 08 rzr can just about keep up if he can make the turns through the trees. lol

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although my Popo`s are both a year old and both have over 1000 miles of hard riding on them, I can`t complain as far as any problems with them. For the price they were a very good choice. I`m sure the new XP will be every bit as reliable as any other quad out there today and a great value for what they offer.... Just my :twocents: Oh, and I ride with guys who ride can-am`s who wish they were on the trail more than in the shop.....:d

bigerbrute750

Reaction score
Canadian tire stocks some pretty good atvs.... you try lookin there

lol that 250 grirrly or brute lookin thing looks like a beast.

Top Bottom