new quad

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright so im looking into a new quad. ive got the scrambler now and i like it alot but im looking for something with more power and a little less maintance. I ride hard, and i want something that will last a while. i ride pretty much everything but mostly mud and trails. I was thinking the arctic cat mud pro but how does it handle the trails? The can ams are nice but a little out of my price range. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Dylan

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright so im looking into a new quad. ive got the scrambler now and i like it alot but im looking for something with more power and a little less maintance. I ride hard, and i want something that will last a while. i ride pretty much everything but mostly mud and trails. I was thinking the arctic cat mud pro but how does it handle the trails? The can ams are nice but a little out of my price range. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Dylan
I am pretty sure that the Renegade is what you are looking for, but, like you said, it is a bit pricey..Try looking for a new non current one for a few bucks less maybe. In my opinion, the Arctic cats are too big and you feel like you are on top of it, rather than part of the machine, but they do have power steering now. You will have to test drive them and see what you like more... Then let your wife or girlfriend make the decision lol jk Good luck.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Dylan

we always see Terry from T&T Powersports

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with a brute force...... new around 9000.00 and has way more power than a 700 mud pro shitty kitty.....

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
King Quad 750. Very sporty feel in my opinion and you can get them for cheap! It won't have the monster power of a Brute or Outlander but it does have constant belt tention and a wet clutch similar to Grizzly and Cat which is superior maintenance wise. The only thing I wish my King had is the sound of a Brute. Those things do sound cool.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 09 yamaha grizzly its non current so it was cheaper then the 2011 obviously. My 2 cents is go with the grizz and you won't be dissapointed, before you buy anything see if you can spend a few hours trying different machines and see wich one you like best.

h.karst

Reaction score
If you can't find me check your moms house
we have 2 yamahas (wolverine and grizzly) and a 650 cat
In the years weve had these quads, we have never done any major repairs to either of the yamahas and they have been really good quads overall.
For some reason they seem to have the best quality (in my mind) but it always comes down to what you like or feel comfortable riding.
I say check out some yamahas!
Good luck :beer:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say brute all the way, anything with a twin is superior to a single.
Canam's are really good but really $$$.

In the end its all what you like best, happy hunting.

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
I have a 650 H1 2006....it is big and heavy but they have stream lined the 700 mud pro. The thing is that it comes with all mud extras on it,by the time you mud ready another brand your extra 3000............my 2 cents. :d I am looking into a Grizzly for my boy though,we borrowed a 660 from a co-worker for the rally and never had 1 once of problems and the boy really liked it. :beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Dylan

we sell the mudpro 700, suzuki, and yamaha, i had a mudpro 700 its awesome but its geared lower... priced good at 10 k,,, decked out..

750 kingquads there on for 8400.00 w/winch or 9400 w/ winch and powersteering....

550 grizzlies... from 7699.00
700 grizzlies... from 9199.00 w/ powersteering

both the yamaha and suzuki are light and quick and in 2 wd they are still fun to spin around on...lots of mods for either...
the cats fun too just a bigger machine....it shines in the lowend power/ mud bogging etc...

any thing we can help you with let us know.......best to try them out
and yes we allow demo rides....

Terry

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
You should go with a Linhai. Those Chinese quads are pimp!! Especially when you need parts. :rolleyes:

Go with a King Quad. I don't have to hang on to this strange diff lock handle to keep my diff locked. Just flip the switch.:beer:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all near the same its just what YOU like. Just stay away from POL. as they make a great sled but there quads are Money Pits.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Dylan

Power=Can-Am
More Affordable Power=Brute Force
Reliability=Rincon

put a big bore kit and a chip on the brute and it will have more power for cheaper.

catcat

Reaction score
Yeah, the mudpro is a good machine for sure. If you like mud. Yamaha as well are pretty sweet, they are very reliable and will last forever. The AC are priced lower and when or if repairs are needed parts and labour times are cheaper than a yamaha. And lets all be honest you have a snorkel factory quad. Can't really beat that...

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own two king quad 700s and thery are awesome bikes very reliable and some mods they do rip. I also have a grizzly and its a good bike as well but just prefer the kings do to the feel and look. I just bought a can am outty havnt picked it up yet but the power of them is what i couldnt refuse.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies everyone. Im very interested in the mud pro, but how does it keep up to the other quads on the trail?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mud pros are a bit slower due to gearing, but they are able to keep up on the trails.
The other concern is that they seem to be unstable because of the height/ high center of gravity. The 28" tires give more ground clearance but also contribute to making the quad higher.
My King Quad with 27" tires, clutch work and snorkels will go every where a mud pro will go but a lot more stable.........just sayin`

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to t&t in bonnyville and im sure they will let you ride both machines and see which one you like. I would recomend the king over the mud pro for a better ride with power steering and they are super reliable and powerful with some upgrades.

Top Bottom