New project SW

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Funny how many people actually say that, I've even encountered riders out there coming over to me saying the same thing, "they miss their Winder or regret selling".
The nice thing, when I take my 2smoke, I can always go back.
I miss the sound, that visceral growl that the engine would make and it’ banshee wail on the top end, engine screaming, Turbocharger wailing. And of course the POWER. God the power was addicting. Still w arthritis etc, and I could not get her Jenny Craig’s any more…..I was cajoled into riding one more season and to get a 2 stroke. It handles better, it’s easier to get out of tough situations, but I can’t help but miss that sled. It had a lot of character.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we get snow soon. Everything pretty much finished. Mountain max needs a wrap.

IMG_2423.jpeg
IMG_2422.jpeg
IMG_2424.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg
ShawnSMMaxV4.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shawn, is see an elevate on the MM, you have belt drive too on it?
Nice job.
I may be heading your way depending on snow this season. Its that or Pemberton. Haven't been in the south east corner in a few years.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bought the mm used. Sold the viper. Easier for my son to ride.

Came with the belt drive and elevate spindles. I just replaced the rear bumper and swapped black boards for the greens ones they had installed.

Yeah let me know if you do. Hopefully we get a pile of snow soon.

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Just sent a message to the fellow that bought my Sidewinder. He did scare himself a little silly on his first couple rides. Sounds like he is really enjoying her though!

Glad she went to a good home *sigh*

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From all the info. I have seen, a 23 turbo gen5 with equivalent track length 175" RTR is 545lbs and a Polaris Boost RTR around 535lbs.
Be interesting to see what these numbers are in real world usage after a couple of hours in the deep. This Winder carries NO ice, can't say that about those ice carriers though.
That weight maybe very upsetting to some, shop weight mean shet IMO.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From all the info. I have seen, a 23 turbo gen5 with equivalent track length 175" RTR is 545lbs and a Polaris Boost RTR around 535lbs.
Be interesting to see what these numbers are in real world usage after a couple of hours in the deep. This Winder carries NO ice, can't say that about those ice carriers though.
Thats a very expensive diet that sled was put on. The weight loss is great but,Let’s not forget, you are comparing a highly modified sled weight to Polaris and Ski-Doo stock weights. What happens when they go on a similar diet? Gotta love riding a lighter sled though.. good job.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I spent 5 grand or more and 100 shop hours on a sled diet my g5 would be down to the gap where they start at… what’s the point here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats all done to yours? A gen 4 165” turbo is about 570 rtr I seen. Thats a very impressive number considering I know what those 3” 174 camo extreme tracks weigh to.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here is the kicker, that may had been true a few years ago, but at the retarded price of a new sled today not so much.
I have a little less then 30,000 invested in this sled including purchase.
BTW, my Nytro cost around 35K and my Polaris mod hill climber from 1998 pushed 45K with its Price/Genesis 1250.
Interesting that my 2005 Doo RT1k, just to get it to work I had nearly 20k in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom