New Pro or Xm

starfire72

Reaction score
THIS. Im getting sick of people bashing on maxwell for giving his honest opinion on his likes and dislikes and his experiences...No I'm not being a maxwell fanboy, im just saying that the whole point of this website is to share things like maxwell does, not flame him like he gets every thread. HES CONTRIBUTING, WHAT ARE THE REST OF YOU DOING WITH YOUR POSTS??? You flexed your dik showing you got a good deal on a track over what you thought maxwell paid, GOOD JOB, now post something useful nextime.

take your own advice buddy,
and no maxwell you do not have to put 3.0 pitch drivers in...they do come with 2.86 pitch as well, check it out... like i said your full of knoweledge. took 1.5 hours to change. remeber no chaincase to deal with

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
came with 2 years. I buy new every second year, so I don't purchase any extended warranty.

QUOTE=tukernater;1678413]How much was your warrenty?[/QUOTE]

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to snow check not loyal to any brand having a hard time deciding between 2014 Pro or Summit XM. From what I read both seem to be really good machines, both seem to have minor issues not totally sure if there fixed yet. Looking for best sled for te best price. Need help deciding pease.

There are lots of people saying what you should get, what they like, what is best for them, but what is best for you?

I read through this entire thread, and maybe I missed it, but what type of riding do you do? What is your experience level? Looking for the best sled for the best price? If brand X sled is $100 cheaper but the wrong sled for your needs does it make sense to get it? What about dealer service? There are lots of different dealers out there, but only a few realy treat their customers well.

I wouldn't say any of the info that anyone has said is bad, its all pretty good. If you haven't spent any time on either it is very hard to say which one suits you better. I have been fairly loyal over the past several years after getting back into riding here out West to Doo. I love my Doo's. When Polaris came out with the Pro chassis RMK's I tried them and hated them. Even today I find the steering akward. Some guys (and girls) can jump on anything and ride it well. I am one of those people who can't without spending more time on something getting comfortable.

More this year than any other year I have spent time on '13 Pros and have found I can put the Pro into situations I know my XP wouldn't have come out of. So I tried to get more seat time on the XM. Last year I loved the XM, thought it was the best sled I have ever ridden. There are some things that lead me to believe I might be looking harder at the Polaris as time goes on for next winter. I am not a big guy and do notice the weight if pulling the Pro out of a crappy hole, also I notice the narrower tunnel of the 15" track. People will always argue that the 16" wide track provides more floatation, and of course it does. But if you spend lots of your day on edge, does that floatation mean as much anymore?

It is hard to find anyone who has riddden a XM and disliked it. The RMK is mean to be ridden aggressive. It is a very ridgid sled, the harder you ride it, the more you get from it. The only comment I think I would have to say I don't agree with is that the RMK is a stretched out trail sled. The Polaris and the Doo both share common chassis characteristics as their shorter trail versions.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from reading the thread I have seen that anyone with an XM has loved it, and anyone with the Pro has loved it. so as stated before you just need to try them both and pick the one that suits you the best and which dealer is the best for you good luck with the purchase!

Top Bottom