New okanagan atv rules.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No OHV fun to be had in BC, just move along....

]

The last Moto 6 video had some great Okanagan footage. I can't recall who it was, maybe kris foster and someone else. Ripping it up, free riding.

Geash. They must have ruined it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last Moto 6 video had some great Okanagan footage. I can't recall who it was, maybe kris foster and someone else. Ripping it up, free riding.

Geash. They must have ruined it for everyone else.

lots of amazing offroad riding areas in BC, we just prefer to not tell everyone where they are.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of amazing offroad riding areas in BC, we just prefer to not tell everyone where they are.

Thanks tips

I ride more in BC than I do Alberta so it's not like you are telling me anything I didn't already know.

Beer Belch

Reaction score
I apologize for my comments, I guess I was just shocked and disappointed to hear of the strict regulations. BC has a lot of great regulations in place and I think the littering fine is definitely a great one. Honestly I'm not real aware of the regs here in Alberta. I haven't had any issues with the law other than being asked for my registration and insurance out here and was under the assumption as long as your not on the highway or trespassing you were good to go, guess not. Riding in BC for the scenery alone would be worth it. Piece y'all

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I apologize for my comments, I guess I was just shocked and disappointed to hear of the strict regulations. BC has a lot of great regulations in place and I think the littering fine is definitely a great one. Honestly I'm not real aware of the regs here in Alberta. I haven't had any issues with the law other than being asked for my registration and insurance out here and was under the assumption as long as your not on the highway or trespassing you were good to go, guess not. Riding in BC for the scenery alone would be worth it. Piece y'all

So because you haven't had any issues with the law you can plead ignorance to not knowing the regulations?

Sounds responsible.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So because you haven't had any issues with the law you can plead ignorance to not knowing the regulations?

Sounds responsible.

good thing he came here, we can set him on the path to righteousness. lol. i'm sure there are lot that have no idea there are any rules what so ever. there is likely a few rcmp who have no idea either. I have asked them!!

I think he is being honest and is seeking info. not everyone who rides, is on this site. and I' m thinking lots on this site may not know what the laws are. I for one still have no idea what the rules are in bc. and not al rules are enforced in alberta either.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing he came here, we can set him on the path to righteousness. lol. i'm sure there are lot that have no idea there are any rules what so ever. there is likely a fe rcmp who have no idea either. I have asked them!!

No but when someone is complaining about the restrictions in place in areas and saying they will avoid those areas and turns around and admits they don't even know the regulations in their own riding area shows they are just as much of the problem as the rest of them

If you have time to complain and whine about something you have time to do something about it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No but when someone is complaining about the restrictions in place in areas and saying they will avoid those areas and turns around and admits they don't even know the regulations in their own riding area shows they are just as much of the problem as the rest of them

If you have time to complain and whine about something you have time to do something about it.

maybe, but at least he Is finding out what the rules are. if he chooses to ignore them after, then it is his choice and tickets.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been back two times since we left , one to go to Mexico via cowtown , easter for surprise b.day party

Sure as fawk not to sled or quad

Just think, without me there the mud holes will renew themselves, and you will be able to go through them, and not around them

never really saw the need to follow you jeff, you were in mud holes for hours. so when you coming back and fix the environmental catastrophe you created.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of sedimentation? It's not just fish bearing streams it's anything that feeds into them or feeds into potential drinking water.

hmm you every hear of spring floods, not sure which does more damage, i'm sure you can tell us?

anyway, what I'm seeing is there are different rules for different areas, but mainly stay on trails, roads . stay out of alpine,

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm you every hear of spring floods, not sure which does more damage, i'm sure you can tell us?

anyway, what I'm seeing is there are different rules for different areas, but mainly stay on trails, roads . stay out of alpine,

I think the river by Calgary flooded and caused a lot of damage. A few years ago.

Kind of like ohv would do is 100 million years of riding.

I saw it on the news only took 3 or 4 days and massive damage.

River never read the regulations on making ruts.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rivers flood,, its natural. During each flood, the river deposits a layer of sediment outside of its banks. Over the centuries, these layers pile up like sheets and blankets thrown on top of each other, resulting in a thick bed of rich soil..... Its not mother natures fault some idiots decided to build their cities on flood plains.

There is no skeg holes in the Okanagan to test out the 34 inch terminators anyway. But there is plenty of mud holes to tear up and streams to do donuts in
west of Red Deer,, so don't fret.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the river by Calgary flooded and caused a lot of damage. A few years ago.

Kind of like ohv would do is 100 million years of riding.

I saw it on the news only took 3 or 4 days and massive damage.

River never read the regulations on making ruts.
and did those flooded rivers leak oil and grease into the wetlands?

Simple fact of the matter, mother nature does her own thing and when we try to control it we usually screw it up, when it comes to mankind, there are far to many idiots who screw up far to many thing.

Beautiful BC, some of the greatest backcountry in the entire world, lets all take our quads out and destroy the **** out of it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and did those flooded rivers leak oil and grease into the wetlands?

Simple fact of the matter, mother nature does her own thing and when we try to control it we usually screw it up, when it comes to mankind, there are far to many idiots who screw up far to many thing.

Beautiful BC, some of the greatest backcountry in the entire world, lets all take our quads out and destroy the **** out of it.

I think your doing a lot of reaching, how much oil and gas/grease have you seen leaking from cars, trucks, transports mining equipment, railroad equipment etc. in fact there seems to be a lot of railroad equipment at the bottom of ravines, rivers and lakes, that have leaked far more oil and god knows what else into your pristine environment. and they are still there, yes? were does this go?. don't think any one is advocating environmental destruction or rip n tear, majority obey laws if they know what they are, yes some won't! sounds to me like way to many variables in the rules for different area's.

just a thought, do you think it is ok for sleds to leak oil and gas in the alpine when you roll your sled over? do you clean it up? does anyone? you guys seem to be ok if your the one doing it!!!!
and yes the flooded red deer river put 3000 barrels of oil into the river in 2012, bad mother nature. on the bright side a little over 2yrs later it has mostly disappeared. I think they are still monitoring the river!

Last edited:

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just love it when we can compare ourselves .........things that can be controlled ....... to mother nature. Yes mother nature can be very destructive so should we be?
What the hell we are all going to die anyway so.........
Just saying.....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just love it when we can compare ourselves .........things that can be controlled ....... to mother nature. Yes mother nature can be very destructive so should we be?
What the hell we are all going to die anyway so.........
Just saying.....

It's a relative argument though. We could never do the damage that nature does to itself in a flood or fire with all the ATV's out there unless they were all limited to a 50km2 area.
Again, my point is if all we do is disturb the land and not pollute it, nature can fix it.

And to add to the above comment of the floods washing sediment outside of it's banks, what do you think happens after when there is a heavy rainfall? Lots of that sediment ends up back in the river and sometimes during spawning season of fish so what about that? Should we ban the rain?

Of the millions of square km in this country, OHV's touch a 10th of a percent of it and have long lasting impact on even less. I see no need to freak out about a bunch of mudhole's in the middle of nowhere.

That said however, I do feel there does need to be a separation between some areas accessible to OHV's and those that like to hike and canoe and whatnot. And guess what, these area's already exist in the form of provincial and federal parks. And there are many many others that no OHV can even access due to terrain. Although I would love to ride a sled west of HWY 93 up onto some of the glaciers, it will never happen and I'm ok with it. There is plenty of other land to ride that is just as beautiful. And also the horse enthusiasts that like to get out in the wild without motors around them have their areas. Hummingbird south of Nordegg for example is one of these area's set aside for this during the majority of the year. And I'm ok with that.

I just get a little bent out of shape when people try to blame OHV's for causing lasting damage and destroying the world. It's not true. I don't see anyone living in their new sub-division's getting bitched at for PERMANENTLY removing previously undeveloped land!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your doing a lot of reaching, how much oil and gas/grease have you seen leaking from cars, trucks, transports mining equipment, railroad equipment etc. in fact there seems to be a lot of railroad equipment at the bottom of ravines, rivers and lakes, that have leaked far more oil and god knows what else into your pristine environment. and they are still there, yes? were does this go?. don't think any one is advocating environmental destruction or rip n tear, majority obey laws if they know what they are, yes some won't! sounds to me like way to many variables in the rules for different area's.

just a thought, do you think it is ok for sleds to leak oil and gas in the alpine when you roll your sled over? do you clean it up? does anyone? you guys seem to be ok if your the one doing it!!!!
and yes the flooded red deer river put 3000 barrels of oil into the river in 2012, bad mother nature. on the bright side a little over 2yrs later it has mostly disappeared. I think they are still monitoring the river!
Your really reaching. How often to you see auto's in the back country? Really, is that not he point in these threads, your comparing what happens on public roads to back country? As for rail and industry they are regulated and face serious issues with cleanups.

As for a flood putting 3000 barrels of oil in a river that is BS. The river did not place the oil in a place of danger, once again a human somewhere somehow put that oil in a place of danger. Another example of human intelligence not working to well.

The whole point of this thread is the need for regulation to keep the idiots from doing serious harm to the back country, We have all see it, destroyed alpine meadows, garbage strewn everywhere. Sadly we have to be regulated to the bottom line offender. Not every atv user is an idiot, the vast majority are very good, but it only takes 2 idiots out of 100 to ruin it for all of us. To compare what we do to the back county to what mother nature does is a cop out. Mother nature did a great job of building and maintaining this planed for millions of years, The few thousand years us humans have been intervening has proven we are not very good at it.

I am not a leaf licker, I am a logger and avid off road vehicle user, I am in the back country most days of the year, but I try to make it better than when I left. It makes me sick looking at what idiots do who dont give a ****.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have no problem using said "the oil " that runs through the pipeline there though,by the stupid humans.....
What if you stopped logging ,the need for such pipelines and all the fuel to rip out the trees would not be needed ?? Or is it okay for you to use oil ,but it's ridiculous for all the pipelines to carry oil.....

How much damage is caused when loggers clear off tens of thousand of acres of trees , by extra run off erosion and the ruts from the logging equipment ? I am guessing more than a quad does...!!
However since that's paying your bills ,I guess that's okay ?? But not okay for the odd off-roader ?

Your hypocritical babble is a joke....if you want to save back country , stop logging and turn off any thing that uses fuel....

Last edited:
Top Bottom