New okanagan atv rules.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have no problem using said "the oil " that runs through the pipeline there though,by the stupid humans.....
What if you stopped logging ,the need for such pipelines and all the fuel to rip out the trees would not be needed ?? Or is it okay for you to use oil ,but it's ridiculous for all the pipelines to carry oil.....

How much damage is caused when loggers clear off tens of thousand of acres of trees , by extra run off erosion and the ruts from the logging equipment ? I am guessing more than a quad does...!!
However since that's paying your bills ,I guess that's okay ?? But not okay for the odd off-roader ?

Your hypocritical babble is a joke....if you want to save back country , stop logging and turn off any thing that uses fuel....
Hypocritical cop out on your part. Can I stop industry? No. Can I stop the idiot I see on the trail doing burnouts on the edge of a fish bearing stream? Yes.

By the way, do you have any idea of the stringent forestry guide lines now having to be followed by the forest industry in BC? I highly doubt it. There is no more highly regulated and environmentally enforced industry in BC. You think the leaf lickers cause ATV'ers problems, check out the forest practice codes in this province. And you know what, it has made it a much better place to work.

As I have said many times before, I have no interest in stopping off road use, but I am in favor of regulation because there are far to many idiots out there destroying things.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lot's of fine examples of industrial self regulating and cleaning their crap, an example that many on this forum can relate to is on Hwy1, just north of Sicamous, actually within 5min of our friend Jeffrey house. If your a sledder or have been to Sicamous you should know it as they are located on the highway.
They are both mill's and one of them has been inoperative for years. Yet old equipment and building, including old mostly now no good lumber, left abandoned.
The location is a complete eye sore and that is just on the surface while driving on a highway. It would not surprise me if chemicals from equipment and storage could be leaking. The place is a death trap and a huge fire hazard, yet the owners don't feel the need to clean it up, ideally put it back to its natural state.
I suspect unless forced by government they will let the local citizen's of Sicamous take care of that problem.
The other mill is in the same disarray but somewhat operating, i suspect its days are numbered and it to will be abandoned for the local's to take care of, unless they are forced to clean up.
Either way, self regulating doesn't work with people as everyone has different ideas, agendas and goals, thus why the need for guidelines for all to fallow so that the needs of the majority are met. In this case ORV are just one small piece of the pie to many other activities that are wanting their share of the pie. Respect to the environment and other activities will go alot further then thinking you have the RIGHT. Cause you actually don't.

Somewhere on this thread i read i don't like Albertan's.........HAHA, funny many of my favorite sledding and camping partners are Albertan's, if you really knew me i really don't think you would post such a BS comment.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somewhere on this thread i read i don't like Albertan's.........HAHA, funny many of my favorite sledding and camping partners are Albertan's, if you really knew me i really don't think you would post such a BS comment.
One thing this board is good at, generalization. Your in favor of regulations? Then I guess you shouldnt use any fuel or wood products. Yeah, great leaps. I admit I dont like idiot Albertans, but then again I dont like idiots from BC either. Now I am going to get jumped on for calling people from Alberta idiots, but the funny thing is its the idiots from Alberta I dont like, but I dont think all Albertans are idiots. That doesnt matter, the cliff jumpers will be all over it.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing this board is good at, generalization. Your in favor of regulations? Then I guess you shouldnt use any fuel or wood products. Yeah, great leaps. I admit I dont like idiot Albertans, but then again I dont like idiots from BC either. Now I am going to get jumped on for calling people from Alberta idiots, but the funny thing is its the idiots from Alberta I dont like, but I dont think all Albertans are idiots. That doesnt matter, the cliff jumpers will be all over it.

Yes i em in favor of regulation, even if it cost me $$. My number one concern is protecting the wildlife and environment for future generation's too also enjoy.
I completely enjoy getting out in my RZR or my sled and jetboat but i'm also not ignorant of the damage i could easily inflict on the environment.
I'm also not so ignorant to think in this time and age we can go without oil or gas, needed industry. I have seen arrogant arses in all activities over the years and generally never let them go by without saying something, if i can. (it could be the years i spent in the armforces over seas that gave me this type of confidence??) either way 99% of the time once explained people understand. There is lots of educating to be had in power sports when it comes to the protection of our environment as many are just out to play and enjoying life.
In BC we have just as many idiots as you called it, as Alberta, Saskatchewan ect. ect. or state side. But in the same token i know Alberta also has just as many people concern about there environment as we do in BC.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lot's of fine examples of industrial self regulating and cleaning their crap, an example that many on this forum can relate to is on Hwy1, just north of Sicamous, actually within 5min of our friend Jeffrey house. If your a sledder or have been to Sicamous you should know it as they are located on the highway.
They are both mill's and one of them has been inoperative for years. Yet old equipment and building, including old mostly now no good lumber, left abandoned.
The location is a complete eye sore and that is just on the surface while driving on a highway. It would not surprise me if chemicals from equipment and storage could be leaking. The place is a death trap and a huge fire hazard, yet the owners don't feel the need to clean it up, ideally put it back to its natural state.
I suspect unless forced by government they will let the local citizen's of Sicamous take care of that problem.
The other mill is in the same disarray but somewhat operating, i suspect its days are numbered and it to will be abandoned for the local's to take care of, unless they are forced to clean up.
Either way, self regulating doesn't work with people as everyone has different ideas, agendas and goals, thus why the need for guidelines for all to fallow so that the needs of the majority are met. In this case ORV are just one small piece of the pie to many other activities that are wanting their share of the pie. Respect to the environment and other activities will go alot further then thinking you have the RIGHT. Cause you actually don't.

Actually the old Mill just between my corner and Malikwa was cleaned up this spring

Building is still there, but the hole yard is cleaned up, 100 fold different looking place

Yes the one on the way to town still looks bad, but is still working , so stuff is being done and moved around

Top Bottom