New Model CanAm X3 Replacement 2023

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure the aftermarket fellas will have this solved in about 4 days with a bolt on kit if your actually concerned about it

More importantly, why isn’t Can Am concerned about it? It’s not just them either, Polaris is just as bad. They are charging premium prices for these machines that will go 100mph, handle decent sized jumps and whoops but won’t design the machine to handle a accident.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very straightforward cage design on the speed utv. Had pretty much the same layout on the rock buggy chassis I built way back in 2008. Just didn't have the rolled tube like they do as didn't have a roll bender.

Basic chassis design which I got off the internet lol

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We, (my now wife) rolled doing a donuts with our 2014 1000 and tweaked the cage and everything else. I couldn't imagine a stock cage at speed.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very straightforward cage design on the speed utv. Had pretty much the same layout on the rock buggy chassis I built way back in 2008. Just didn't have the rolled tube like they do as didn't have a roll bender.

Basic chassis design which I got off the internet lol

Yep. Proper chassis/cage design isn’t a secret. Which makes it all the more ignorant why other UTV manufactures don’t apply it when the capabilities of these machines is so high.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Proper chassis/cage design isn’t a secret. Which makes it all the more ignorant why other UTV manufactures don’t apply it when the capabilities of these machines is so high.
Because they probably don’t want premature engine overheating and brake failure from all the excessive weight, like the one UTV fabrication shop that’s trying to become a manufacturer.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they probably don’t want premature engine overheating and brake failure from all the excessive weight, like the one UTV fabrication shop that’s trying to become a manufacturer.

What over heating are you taking about?

Also the new Maverick R, Pro R are very similar weights as the Speed with less chassis/cage safety as the Speed.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seems like a good price? Its gonna need a lot of mods $$$ to be SCORE legal though..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Race ready, a few $$$ more

Screenshot_20231215_171307_Instagram.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get the SCORE rule book to see what you need to do to the cage to race stock class.

But near as i can tell you basicslly need to build an entire new chassis for these things to race the Baja 1000.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get the SCORE rule book to see what you need to do to the cage to race stock class.

But near as i can tell you basicslly need to build an entire new chassis for these things to race the Baja 1000.
Besides being tall and getting excellent legroom. One of the other main reasons I chose my wildcat XX is it comes with a race cage. With the harnesses, I added, I feel pretty safe. I cannot imagine rolling a razor at 50 mile an hour. And I cannot imagine being on open straightaways in a side-by-side riding at less than 50 miles an hour lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides being tall and getting excellent legroom. One of the other main reasons I chose my wildcat XX is it comes with a race cage. With the harnesses, I added, I feel pretty safe. I cannot imagine rolling a razor at 50 mile an hour. And I cannot imagine being on open straightaways in a side-by-side riding at less than 50 miles an hour lol.

Ya forsure. To race SCORE you need to follow thier cage specs. I dont think any stock SXS's meet the standards? Maybe robby gordons speed one does?

(I have never looked at the Cat's, so don't know anything about them. Might be worth a look)

For stock class maybe, i need get the rule book to see forsure.

But from what im seeing these things stock are toys not race vehicles and if you drive it like a trophy truck ur probably going to die lol

Any who, might be just as easy to build a truck to race as a SXS.

Still researching. But look at Backus's race race "rzr" it would be a stech to even call it a polaris...

Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya forsure. To race SCORE you need to follow thier cage specs. I dont think any stock SXS's meet the standards? Maybe robby gordons speed one does?

For stock class maybe, i need get the rule book to see forsure.

But from what im seeing these things stock are toys not race vehicles and if you drive it like a trophy truck ur probably going to die lol

Any who, might be just as easy to build a truck to race as a SXS.

Still researching. But look at Backus's race race "rzr" it would be a stech to even call it a polaris...

The Speeds are one door bar per door away from being score legal.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be industry standard for any sxs that goes faster then 60mph or has more then 12” of suspension travel.
bea1f77aac5cf7a4dde6e0d46e22e35d.jpg

067d4e19df0d3bf560b55e7dbbc112d2.jpg

140b5e5b4cd35ffdfc564ced4dae6a6e.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of those speed SxS's in canada yet?

Last time i checked, they didnt seem too easy to get your hands on.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I've done a bit more digging, and to race the Baja 1000 with a RZR or a Canam isn't a just few simple bolt on's.

Its pretty well a new chassis and fuel cell, special seats and the list goes on.. Could get pricey....

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I've done a bit more digging, and to race the Baja 1000 with a RZR or a Canam isn't a just few simple bolt on's.

Its pretty well a new chassis and fuel cell, special seats and the list goes on.. Could get pricey....

Cage tubes to nowhere. Cage tubes meeting at angles that don’t transfer forces. Cage tubes with so much slope they’d be dangerous even if braced. Single sheer pivots. Steering tie rods behind the axles. As the suspension cycles they have track width changes close to a foot.

But they do have good motors and HP sells. To bad they don’t care about their customers safety.

Meanwhile Robby is racing stock Speed units off the PDI line and passing tech. A machine that cost the same as the premier BRP and Polaris units that require $20k-$50k in upgrades to be race reliable/safe.

Not trying to be a Speed dick rider but Robby has gone into great detail about these foundational aspects, showcased and explained in them depth, then applied them to his machines and I appreciate that.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cage tubes to nowhere. Cage tubes meeting at angles that don’t transfer forces. Cage tubes with so much slope they’d be dangerous even if braced. Single sheer pivots. Steering tie rods behind the axles. As the suspension cycles they have track width changes close to a foot.

But they do have good motors and HP sells. To bad they don’t care about their customers safety.

Meanwhile Robby is racing stock Speed units off the PDI line and passing tech. A machine that cost the same as the premier BRP and Polaris units that require $20k-$50k in upgrades to be race reliable/safe.

Not trying to be a Speed dick rider but Robby has gone into great detail about these foundational aspects, showcased and explained in them depth, then applied them to his machines and I appreciate that.

I think you could make them pretty safe fairly easily. But to make them race legal for Baja is a lot of work.

I want to race baja, kinda a bucket list thing for me. for Alberta bagging out west a few more braces would be a good plan, plus maybe weld some chit solid.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Speed UTV’s… They are the first production sxs off the PDI line, bone stock to complete the KOH. Robby came in 3rd in the stock turbo class.

Some people online have been complaining he cheated because he ran 35” tires but the rules state as long as the tire is a factory option it can be ran… Never mind the fact he passed tech.

Regarding the Maverick R did everyone see Kyle Cheney launch it?

Top Bottom