New Model CanAm X3 Replacement 2023

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speed UTV’s are in customers hands and they have a 300hp key.

i just looked up speed UTV. Looks like a cool unit. But for the same price how is it better than the new Maverick? Same HP, old suspension geometry, belt driven. Way less features and electronics. Its like a stripped down mini trophy truck. Its cool but i don't see the value in it. if it breaks you have to get warranty at Anaheim CA? is there warranty? By tommorow im sure the maverick will be 300hp with a tune

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just looked up speed UTV. Looks like a cool unit. But for the same price how is it better than the new Maverick? Same HP, old suspension geometry, belt driven. Way less features and electronics. Its like a stripped down mini trophy truck. Its cool but i don't see the value in it. if it breaks you have to get warranty at Anaheim CA? is there warranty? By tommorow im sure the maverick will be 300hp with a tune

There’s plenty about the Speed units that are better. Including the suspension. Robby Gordon has more experience off-road suspension tuning and design then most living humans. That’s not including the experience of his father. The Gordon’s are well known for being off road suspension hierarchy.

The chassis is second to none and makes a chassis from any other manufacture look like death traps.

Zero track width change in the rear and almost zero in the front.

Gauge cluster is packed full of feature.

Innovative front bulkhead.

Tapp clutches.

Push turbos.

Interchangeable swing arms.

Interchangeable A arms.

All 4 shocks are the same bodies and shafts.

Shouldered bolts on everything.

Common bolt sizes used for ease of repair with minimal tools while out riding.

Engine designed by Speed with knowledge of NASCAR engine builders.

3 speed trans.

Carbon fibre seats.

And so on and so on. But don’t take my word for it, feel free to watch all the design and build process on Speeds YouTube channel where they explain everything down to the welds.

Yes there’s warranty and there are other dealers then just Coyne across the US. Canada I don’t know of any yet. Seems like a product someone could capitalize on as a dealer up here.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s plenty about the Speed units that are better. Including the suspension. Robby Gordon has more experience off-road suspension tuning and design then most living humans. That’s not including the experience of his father. The Gordon’s are well known for being off road suspension hierarchy.

The chassis is second to none and makes a chassis from any other manufacture look like death traps.

Zero track width change in the rear and almost zero in the front.

Gauge cluster is packed full of feature.

Innovative front bulkhead.

Tapp clutches.

Push turbos.

Interchangeable swing arms.

Interchangeable A arms.

All 4 shocks are the same bodies and shafts.

Shouldered bolts on everything.

Common bolt sizes used for ease of repair with minimal tools while out riding.

Engine designed by Speed with knowledge of NASCAR engine builders.

3 speed trans.

Carbon fibre seats.

And so on and so on. But don’t take my word for it, feel free to watch all the design and build process on Speeds YouTube channel where they explain everything down to the welds.

Yes there’s warranty and there are other dealers then just Coyne across the US. Canada I don’t know of any yet. Seems like a product someone could capitalize on as a dealer up here.

How much $$ ?

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as Pro R and new Maverick. Price varies between the 3 available models Speed offers.

You get to design your own graphics mostly… Also no need for a aftermarket cage or suspension upgrades either.

Bonus is they designed the motor area to be able to swap in a LS once they release the kits.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as Pro R and new Maverick. Price varies between the 3 available models Speed offers.

You get to design your own graphics mostly… Also no need for a aftermarket cage or suspension upgrades either.

Bonus is they designed the motor area to be able to swap in a LS once they release the kits.

Cool, ill have to check them out. I know robby gordon is king of the baja. So if he has anything to do with it, it is probably pretty good.

Be nice if there was a local dealer forsure. That is the nice thing about polaris. Canam ext

Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, ill have to check them out. I know robby gordon is king of the baja. So if he has anything to do with it, it is probably pretty good.

Be nice if there was a local dealer forsure. That is the nice thing about polaris. Canam ext

It’s Robby Gordon’s creation after Polaris and AC snuffed him out. They created a company(Speed) because the corporate engineers(at P and AC) told him they were smarter then him.

There is 3 years worth of weekly video documentation showcasing Speeds dedication towards the sxs products.

As far as dealers are concerned, anyone willing to take them on as a brand will do well. But over the past few years it seems as thought Polaris and Can Am are investing some money into silencing the Speed brand.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s Robby Gordon’s creation after Polaris and AC snuffed him out. They created a company(Speed) because the corporate engineers(at P and AC) told him they were smarter then him.

There is 3 years worth of weekly video documentation showcasing Speeds dedication towards the sxs products.

As far as dealers are concerned, anyone willing to take them on as a brand will do well. But over the past few years it seems as thought Polaris and Can Am are investing some money into silencing the Speed brand.

I checked out a couple videos. And ya they look like the one to get forsure. Might be a PITA getting one in Canada though.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these units are sweet but 77" wide, thats pretty much unusable with the exception of a few areas (Brule and the likes)

I wonder if they are going to incorporate that design into narrower units.

a DCT would be sick!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
….

Attachments

• IMG_4846.jpeg
    IMG_4846.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 116

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch Can Am!.. That’s a very unsafe cage. Guess they don’t care about their customers to much. Zero triangulation, tubes connecting at odd angles, tubes dead ending in mid air.

Robby literally gave a master class on how to properly triangulate a off-road chassis in his weekly design presentations and Can Am couldn’t be bothered to at least match the safety of the Speed. Profits over people.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch Can Am!.. That’s a very unsafe cage. Guess they don’t care about their customers to much. Zero triangulation, tubes connecting at odd angles, tubes dead ending in mid air.

Robby literally gave a master class on how to properly triangulate a off-road chassis in his weekly design presentations and Can Am couldn’t be bothered to at least match the safety of the Speed. Profits over people.

Mass produced consumer junk

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robby is just salty because his ponzie scheme is on the verge of collapse. Anybody competing with a mass produced machine is going to have a certified cage built to suit their needs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robby is just salty because his ponzie scheme is on the verge of collapse. Anybody competing with a mass produced machine is going to have a certified cage built to suit their needs.

Were talking the factory cage. And its junk...

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ponzi scheme lol. Only people saying that are Polaris and Can Am talking heads and people who haven’t been watching the progress.

Funny how people trust the corporations and suits over a racer whom very few people can or will ever match in accomplishments.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To be fair some of the machine is very nice. The engine and DCT look great. The suspension despite looking stupid does work better then their old design.

My biggest gripe is the chassis. That’s where your point of mass produced junk shines. With how many videos and pictures are on the internet of UTV cages and chassis collapsing a person would think ALL the manufactures would step up their game. It’s not just Can Am, all of them except the Speed have little to no triangulation and bars ending in mid air.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be fair some of the machine is very nice. The engine and DCT look great. The suspension despite looking stupid does work better then their old design.

My biggest gripe is the chassis. That’s where your point of mass produced junk shines. With how many videos and pictures are on the internet of UTV cages and chassis collapsing a person would think ALL the manufactures would step up their game. It’s not just Can Am, all of them except the Speed have little to no triangulation and bars ending in mid air.

Again. Im talking the cage. The machine is awesome. But just dont roll it.

Be interesting to see if Robby Gordon can build a race ready utv for a competitive price and still make a profit...

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ponzi scheme lol. Only people saying that are Polaris and Can Am talking heads and people who haven’t been watching the progress.

Funny how people trust the corporations and suits over a racer whom very few people can or will ever match in accomplishments.
I'd trust corporations to not use crowdfunding for developing a product and delivering to less than 1% of its customers an already 5 yr old design, and not even what they paid for. (keep performance key and give you a Hisun instead)

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd trust corporations to not use crowdfunding for developing a product and delivering to less than 1% of its customers an already 5 yr old design, and not even what they paid for. (keep performance key and give you a Hisun instead)

Sounds like you get your info from the haters and you haven’t paid attention to what Speed actually did.

Anyway we can start a new thread to discuss this and not muddy up this thread anymore.

Top Bottom