New look Oilers!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll admit I was expecting them to get blown out last night... I try not to be optimistic because it usually blows up in my face year after year but they just might be for real this time, obviously the streak has to end but the longer it takes to end the more of a buffer there is. I remember all the "sports" guys giving commentary prior to the season telling fans not to get thier hopes up because it was going to be another 25-30th type year....

Best is the comments by Feaster...

Said Feaster: “I’m sorry — Edmonton finished where last year, caller? Want to wager on where we finish relative to Edmonton this year? I’m tired of this question, I’ll tell you very honestly. I’m getting a little sour. How many teams . . . every year, for the last 10 years, five years, eight years, have finished in the bottom five, bottom seven, bottom 10? They’ve had a pick anywhere from No. 1 to No. 10 year after year after year after year, and they still wander in the desert. And they’re no closer to getting out than they were 10 years ago.

“You know what? I look forward to the Battle of Alberta for the next X number of years. If the idea is, ‘Burn it to the ground,’ then (Flames president) Ken (King) can find another manager to do it.”

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself

Attachments

• oilers suck.jpg
    oilers suck.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 83

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really i thought FUTILITY was never winning a Stanley cup...............as in like the knuckleheads..........lol

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FUTILITY could aslo be difined as those who live in the past, like 20 years ago. Rock ON

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big 5 goal 3rd period comeback win by the Oil last night, when was the last time we saw something like this!!! Keep chirping Canucks fans, we know where the new powerhouse in the west will be soon.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big 5 goal 3rd period comeback win by the Oil last night, when was the last time we saw something like this!!! Keep chirping Canucks fans, we know where the new powerhouse in the west will be soon.

define "soon" :)

Canucks gave Calgary another spanking last night and they beat the oilers the night before.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
define "soon" :)

Canucks gave Calgary another spanking last night and they beat the oilers the night before.

I don't think anyone has said the Oilers will come out on top this year. Its a surprise that they have been doing as well as they have been, hopefully they can keep it up. I'm glad they are losing the games they are losing though. Its exsposing a lot of weaknesses that people already knew they had. So now they can focus on fixing it. They are still small, their goal tending is inconsistant and they have a modest back end that doesn't have a true 1-2 Pairing.

For Vancouver to be the "cup contender" they are supposed to be, they are not showing it. If they don't make it past the first round this year AV is as good as gone.

Calgary has done nothing since their cup run, ooohhhh, they still talk about it here. Feaster is an idiot, and Jerome will never win a cup in Calgary.

The schedule in this division sucks. Having back to backs against rival teams, you wear down one team and beat them one night and you lose the next night to another rival.

The worste part of it is, freakin Minny is the powerhouse.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has said the Oilers will come out on top this year. Its a surprise that they have been doing as well as they have been, hopefully they can keep it up. I'm glad they are losing the games they are losing though. Its exsposing a lot of weaknesses that people already knew they had. So now they can focus on fixing it. They are still small, their goal tending is inconsistant and they have a modest back end that doesn't have a true 1-2 Pairing.

For Vancouver to be the "cup contender" they are supposed to be, they are not showing it. If they don't make it past the first round this year AV is as good as gone.

Calgary has done nothing since their cup run, ooohhhh, they still talk about it here. Feaster is an idiot, and Jerome will never win a cup in Calgary.

The schedule in this division sucks. Having back to backs against rival teams, you wear down one team and beat them one night and you lose the next night to another rival.

The worste part of it is, freakin Minny is the powerhouse.

I agree 100%. Not sure if this is correct or not but I heard that Calgary/Vancouver have the most back to back games this year not to mention there usual traveling schedule.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton is in a win / win position. It takes time to get the young guys going, however 2 of them are in the top 10 in scoring !!! What will they be like in 3 years ?? PLUS our cuboards are FULL ,as in SIX players at the world juinors this xmas. If we suck this year , we get to add a top prospect to the large stockpile we have now , while the ones we have grow and develop.

Vancouver is not as good as last year,and the window gets a little smaller to win every year....Who do they have to replace the top guys comming up ??

When you have guys who are 18 / 19 at / near the top of the league, it`s just a matter of time. Wait till there D men in the minors are ready in a year or two, then we will see who the power is...............................

Top Bottom