New Denali 3500!!!! Tire options???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it the stock height dean. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm working for a g.m dealer and this new ch!t and lifts don't go together with out problems.

Plus just remember that the higher the truck is the higher up with the ramp and box to load quads ext ..

And the higher up the trailer has to go.

If I could do it again I would go 2 inchs max

They are sweet trucks tho.

sent from my htc

Last edited:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
a friend is hooking me up with some flares on my black gm hopefully have some time in the next couple of days. im little skeptic about how its gonna turn out as i like the look currently. the flares arent bushwacker (cant recall the name) which are suppose WAY cheaper and dont stick out so much

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With stock wheels and 2 inch leveling you can go with a 275 x 20 tire . (34.3inches tall) If you go wider to a 285 with a stock 20 inch wheel the size is only 33.4 tall.
Have had both on my truck and so far i like the 285 the best.
Leveling kit from what i have found out you need to go with something like Cognito upper arms as if you don't ride will be horrable things will wear out quickly.
Before some jumps on my thread saying not true, this is only on the 2011 and newer as they changed the front end. JMO
Have rode in the new trucks with just keys and they are terrible and the one with upper arms and keys ride as good as stock and better with different shocks.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winner winner chicken dinner. If you take the Azz out of your statement I totally agree with you, lol. Either way enjoy your truck!

Actually, I had a closer look at another GMC today with those flares on. I really like the look of them on the front, but it look kinda odd on the rear fenders.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I find them funny looking too on the bed moreso than the front. And I don't like the fake rivets lol, not that I would want real ones and bomb holes in the fenders either. These trucks do look fairly clean without flares though versus the older GMT800's that I think look better with. I do like the factory 20's that the 2011+'s come with.... but yours being a 1 ton has 18's on it correct?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it the stock height dean. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I'm working for a g.m dealer and this new ch!t and lifts don't go together with out problems.
Plus just remember that the higher the truck is the higher up with the ramp and box to load quads ext ..
And the higher up the trailer has to go.
If I could do it again I would go 2 inchs max

They are sweet trucks tho.

sent from my htc

Thanks man. For the trailer, all I have to do is turn the 10" offset (that I'm using to pull it with my POS canyon upside down. Actually, as funny as it looks, I keep that 10" offest on all the time 'cause it blocks my licesne plate and has saved me THOUSANDS in photo radar tickets.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I find them funny looking too on the bed moreso than the front. And I don't like the fake rivets lol, not that I would want real ones and bomb holes in the fenders either. These trucks do look fairly clean without flares though versus the older GMT800's that I think look better with. I do like the factory 20's that the 2011+'s come with.... but yours being a 1 ton has 18's on it correct?

Yup, it only comes with 18's and pretty small rubber. It totally looks goofy to me, especially with the little additional height gained by the Z71 package. I'm now considering something like this with polished rims and silver accents instead of flat back ones. ...but now I'm himming and hawing about the lift more than anything since I think 4" is gonna be a lot on this truck considering how high it sits stock.

...but there's a good chance I'll stick with a really nice set of 18's and the meatiest tires I can get without lifting.
295-55R20-4in lift-5.5in backspacing.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That picture you have there is of a half ton

Yup and, with 4" lift, it sits pretty close to the stock height of the truck I'm looking at. Ideally, I'd be able to put very similar wheels/tires on without lifting, but it doesn't sound likely from what I've been hearing.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wheel chock is Bonnyville style..... just like parking that thing on top of an old Sunfire in front of the place most of the time.

GRD

Reaction score
I am running 18 inch XD rims with 18mm offset.

My tires are a 275 65 R18. I have no leveling kit or lift. The tire rubs a bit on the mud flap when turning sharp.

Truck & Deck.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running 18 inch XD rims with 18mm offset.

My tires are a 275 65 R18. I have no leveling kit or lift. The tire rubs a bit on the mud flap when turning sharp.

Thanks for the pic and info. That gives me a really good idea of where I'm sitting.

Reactions: GRD

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated. ...now I'm off to go spend some $$$$. :yahoo:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ened up getting rims with +18 offset and 275 70R18's with a 2" leving kit,, complete with a-arms, keys, rear blocks, etc. I hope it looks as good as I'm anticipating. ...will find out in about a week. Boy am I exceoted!!!! ...ah, who needs sleep anyways?

And the pocket flares too, just so I know Badass won't be stealing it on me.

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ened up getting 275 70R18's with a 2" leving kit, complete with a-arms, keys, rear blocks, etc. I hot it looks as good as I'm anticipating. ...will find out in about a week. Boy am I exceoted!!!! ...ah, who needs sleep anyways?

And the pocket flares too, just so I know Badass won't be stealing it on me.

Ba ha ha ha ha ha. Well I will level with you.... You will never ever have to worry about. I only own the GMT800 body style....... and will only ever own the GMT800 (99-07 classic) bodystyle. GMT900(2007-present) fender flares don't fit my trucks anyway. Since you don't have a gas engine, or a half ton you don't have any other parts I want to steal either. A half ton denali however would be a different story, lol.

And I edited for clarity. I am a dork that talks in body designations are RPO codes cause I have memorized piles of it making my junkyard and purchasing adventures easier. It only benefits when pop the glovebox on a truck and can tell almost anything about it, gear ratio, original interior config, HVAC system, engine, trans, transfer case.... etc. And yeah.... this junk is my hobby lol. On the GM truck sites I am on that is fine..... cause lots of other guys do as well. But the general public kinda goes huh........ and I forget that. I apologize, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom