New Denali 3500!!!! Tire options???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.

I took flairs off a truck to do the front fender mod and it was sick the rust going on.

sent from my htc

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped by yesterday before they started installing shhhtuff and told them to scrap the levelling kit. On top of being $2k for very little gain and a rougher ride, it seemed kinda cheasy on a truck that expensive. I decided to go with a 4" lift and 305 Dura Tracs which I believe will for me into a 20" wheel. I'll keep 'em if I like how they look, otherwise I may swap em out for 295/65R18's. Lol, that was the final straw before the bank finally put a stop to any further accessorizing. :)

I did express concern about the fender flares rubbing the paint - they assured me that there is foam tape and no direct contact points, so I decided to keep 'em. Besides, I think it's too late now, since they should have already gone to paint.

aslong as you dont keep the truck forever and never remove the flares whoooo cares. Congrats on the truck.

crazy newf

Reaction score
The dura tracks are a good tire but I don't know for sure for the size you are looking at you can't get a 10 ply in some sizes I run 285 70 r17 on my 2500 and I just went with coopers discoverers they are mud and snow 10 ply and studble and around the same price

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People too lazy to remove them and clean in behind them. You have to pull them probably at least semi annually to keep the junk in behind from getting too bad. My paint is flaking on my 05 under the front flares but is not rusty ( poor paint imo). It's just a maintenance routine to get used too. Addmittedly..... those flares had never been off since the truck was built prior to this year when I did it.

Or leave them on and get rid of it before the rot gets above where the flare sits.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg, I can't believe I actually went through with it, but ooooooohhhhhh yeah! Went with 305's and 4" lift. I'll just have to keep on top of those fender flares. ...maybe pull 'em off and 3M them in spring.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg, I can't believe I actually went through with it, but ooooooohhhhhh yeah! Went with 305's and 4" lift. I'll just have to keep on top of those fender flares. ...maybe pull 'em off and 3M them in spring.

Wow that looks good. Now all you gotta do is ditch that goofy looking exhaust lol

Sent from a iPhone

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I sorta blew the budget and am having a heluva time exercising restraint on spending more on it. After all, I did buy it as a carying case for my quads (and maybe sleds one day), so what's the point if I have no money left to go riding?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos lift did you go with? How is the ride and handling. Looks great

Thanks man. I ended up going with a Cognito 4" complete with Fox shocks, upgraded ball joints, drive shaft, wnd whatever else. I have no real frame of reference, but it seems to ride pretty well for a 1 ton. It kinda handles like a big truck, but I'm also just getting used to driving something this big and haven't really tried it out for real yet.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to go the same way until i received a quote of $6000.00 To rich for me for a lift kit. Suppose to be the best though. Nice!!!!!!!!

Thanks man. I ended up going with a Cognito 4" complete with Fox shocks, upgraded ball joints, drive shaft, wnd whatever else. I have no real frame of reference, but it seems to ride pretty well for a 1 ton. It kinda handles like a big truck, but I'm also just getting used to driving something this big and haven't really tried it out for real yet.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Even H and S can only write to the PCM in the 2011+'s...... They actually can't read data from the PCM. And considering the EPA just killed H and S for a while.... well...... Buy something else if you want to play. Not you of course, lol. I am expecting something that is very much the same on the 2014+ gas engine GM trucks and cars.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos lift did you go with? How is the ride and handling. Looks great

It rides and handles really nicely - way better than I'd hoped. However, even though it still handles well on heavy washboard, I was a little surprised by how rough it can be. ...but I suspect that's largely due to it being a 3500.

Top Bottom