new chevy 1/2 ton any body have one?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's your opinion then :rolleyes:

Sorry don't have one as he asked about seat time , which I don't have.
They look like a nice truck but can't comment on something I know nothing about as far as how they perform or anything else.
Cheers guys

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the hd gas trucks are out. Wife and I test drive a 14 chev half ton for an afternoon. Cab seems much quieter. Very nice ride. Would have bought it but $63,000?? I will wait til the 15's come out and the 14's are 10 k cheaper.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the hd gas trucks are out. Wife and I test drive a 14 chev half ton for an afternoon. Cab seems much quieter. Very nice ride. Would have bought it but $63,000?? I will wait til the 15's come out and the 14's are 10 k cheaper.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Same and that's why I bought a 2013 Denali full load for way less.

mick

Reaction score
Lipstick on a pig, they dressed it up but...... it doesn't get better no matter how much you drink either, back to Dodge for me

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poor guy asks about the New 14 Silverado/GMC and gets a bunch of nonsense.Like me he is not interested in your Dodge crap.I do own a 2014 Silverado Crew 6.6" box 1lt.I'll give you my pros and cons.I am coming off a 2011 Duramax so I am a little biased on power

Pros. Awsome hwy fuel economy,6'6" box like ford in a crew,Heated cloth seats,8" mylink touch screen plays my tunes from phone thru bluetooth,Very nice upgraded dash even on my 1lt,Rear led box lights,damped down tailgate,Very quiet ride.tailgate step is awsome,pulls my travel trailer comfortably with integrated brake controller.rear back up camera with directional lines work very good,4 oil changes included,Very good brakes,decent torque for a small engine.

Cons. fuel mileage pulling trailers is not any better than my 08 silverado 5.3 4spd,interior led lights are dim,soft pedal on take off feels underpowered until you put your foot in it,Sits too low in front[I put a 2' level in],somewhat pricey but lots of content,Steering wheel blocks view of seat heater switch[minor but I expect better on a 40k truck]Exterior style is rather conservative,small 98l fuel tank,huge key fob

I have 2000kms and am liking it more every day its very smooth and quiet and is much cheaper on fuel than my Duramax

IMG_6026.jpg IMG_6031.jpg

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes in the Denali

denali now comes with a 5.3 as well as the 6.2 Guy has a 5.3 denali by my work. My boss is wanting a 6.2 high country, basically a long horn or king ranch type truck.

I dont think the denalis you see now have the 6.2, biggest give away is the bent exhaust vs the straight out the back exhaust.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
denali now comes with a 5.3 as well as the 6.2 Guy has a 5.3 denali by my work. My boss is wanting a 6.2 high country, basically a long horn or king ranch type truck.

I dont think the denalis you see now have the 6.2, biggest give away is the bent exhaust vs the straight out the back exhaust.

Yup, that's the easiest way to tell a 6.2L or 5.3....6.2 has the exhaust straight out the back and the 5.3 has a bend and exits out the side

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got our 2014 GMC "All Terrain" 6.5 box Crew Cab (5.3L) just over a week ago. Have about 1000 kms on her now and am liking it very much ! Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Lots of plug-ins for electronic stuff and the touch screen control panel is nice too. Rear back-up camera is awesome...very, very handy !! Mileage is decent so far and should get better as truck breaks-in. Have the "Remote-Link" on my phone...so I can monitor the truck from ANY WHERE. It will tell you amount of fuel, air pressures for the tires, lock and unlock, start, honk, and location of truck. Pretty cool stuff for this country nerd !!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got our 2014 GMC "All Terrain" 6.5 box Crew Cab (5.3L) just over a week ago. Have about 1000 kms on her now and am liking it very much ! Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Lots of plug-ins for electronic stuff and the touch screen control panel is nice too. Rear back-up camera is awesome...very, very handy !! Mileage is decent so far and should get better as truck breaks-in. Have the "Remote-Link" on my phone...so I can monitor the truck from ANY WHERE. It will tell you amount of fuel, air pressures for the tires, lock and unlock, start, honk, and location of truck. Pretty cool stuff for this country nerd !!
Not every where we have same truck as you and when its in the garage with metal roof the truck disappears vanishies. To set up onstar had to back out of the garage.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you go to fuel up have you wondered why gas cap is yellow, had to take a second look at ours because yellow is to be for desiel in jerrycan world anyways.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny I have heard of On-star equipped vehicles getting stolen and the thieves use beer cans and duct tape to block the on-star signal but I always thought it was Bull$#!t .
Not every where we have same truck as you and when its in the garage with metal roof the truck disappears vanishies. To set up onstar had to back out of the garage.

Top Bottom