New Cats

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the 2013 cats are up on the website. So why is it when we have been roughly at par with the US $ for a year now that we are still nailed nearly $1500 more for a M800 compared to the US.:frusty:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing it appears to be happening to all the manufacturers. This is not just a BRP problem! Thanks for the post Catchme....

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool I like the new looks. Thanks for the video. I am very happy with my 2012 Hcr but that 2.6 track would be nice too.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf 2.6 inch track uh oh! biggest in the industry now. to bad its a powderclaw but still good on them thats a mean lug depth for a stock sled

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just how I interpreted the video... But it seems like they're offering the limited models in 162 and 153 it says, wonder if they mean both track lengths are available in both 800 and 1100... Or is it gonna be stupidly gay like this year and only offer a 153" for the 800 ltd... 2.6" track sounds good tho.. I bet ya everyone will still switch a a camo extreme tho lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know why they are so stuck on that junk. if it came with a 2,5 extreme they would sell more. period. maybe the extra .1 of an inch will make it perform as good who knows.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know why they are so stuck on that junk. if it came with a 2,5 extreme they would sell more. period. maybe the extra .1 of an inch will make it perform as good who knows.

I'm sure the larger track will work better than 2.25, but their just putting lipstick on a pig by making it larger. that powerclaw has some big flaws in it, like dead center of the track is a 1/2" gap for the snow to sift through, and the fingers on the edge work good on hard pack, but you lose all traction in the deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i guess they could put a 3" on it , it all affects the price and the powerclaw is a good track and stands up good to trail riding as alot of peeps dont just ride in the mountains.... course if they had everything everyone wanted on them, then how would u personalize it...lol

they have to imo pick a happy medium... i personally like the powerclaw it works hard pack or powder.... just like running allseason tires...works good for some guys but others want studded winter grips....

i do think the lipstick on a pig is harsh Arctic Cat has a pretty solid machine somehick ups on the new model like other manufactures but overall it rocks....

but i guess you have to pick something you dont like right? lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:Ski doo is perrrrfect Terry,they never have issues,right MAXWELL???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess they could put a 3" on it , it all affects the price and the powerclaw is a good track and stands up good to trail riding as alot of peeps dont just ride in the mountains.... course if they had everything everyone wanted on them, then how would u personalize it...lol

they have to imo pick a happy medium... i personally like the powerclaw it works hard pack or powder.... just like running allseason tires...works good for some guys but others want studded winter grips....

i do think the lipstick on a pig is harsh Arctic Cat has a pretty solid machine somehick ups on the new model like other manufactures but overall it rocks....

maybe. but in my opinion there should be NO happy mediums on mountain specific sleds. thats what we have crossovers for. why buy a sled for the mountains when all your getting is "happy mediums"

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
maybe. but in my opinion there should be NO happy mediums on mountain specific sleds. thats what we have crossovers for. why buy a sled for the mountains when all your getting is "happy mediums"

definitely like the look of that White & Black LTD!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There a model for those guys, its a crossfire. If guys are buying long tracks for trails, they should expect a dog of a sled for it.

I was actually referring to the powerclaw getting another .35" as the lipstick on a pig, not the proclimb chassis. I in fact really enjoy my proclimb now that I ditched that track and went to a challenger extreme. You can carve tighter with a sled with paddles on it opposed to fingers. Fingers tend to not scoop snow

I really found that after replacing that track, the overall handling went up. And like you said that powerclaw is the best of both because fingers are what you find on a short track, but cat should be making a mountain sled to excel big in the mountians rather than trying to be the best 162"/153" cross over.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I see Maxwell beat me to my thoughts LOL. damn computer only showed me one page!

MTsled3

Reaction score
i don't know if anybody else noticed, but the ski stance on the new cats is now 38-39 inches instead of 40-41 inches.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never minded the powerclaw at all,,,and think that extra lug will do wonders. They also tightened the steering radius that I've heard guys complaining about, its nice they did a few things and not just new graphics. Probably gained a little weight tho with the new track unless they dropped some somewhere else, which i doubt

Top Bottom