needed plumbing info

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am looking too up water pressure in this place ... we have a shallow well jet pump 6.5 gallon tank... now do i need some kind of second tank that pressures up or what ... thanks for your time...

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am looking too up water pressure in this place ... we have a shallow well jet pump 6.5 gallon tank... now do i need some kind of second tank that pressures up or what ... thanks for your time...

Do you have a pressure switch on your system you should be able to adjust it to your pressure needed and raise your cutin pressure.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the 6.5 gallon tank your pressure tank? When my water pressure gets low, I put a couple of pounds of air pressure in my tank, mine is an older tank that has an air fitting on it. I don't know if the newer tanks have an air fitting on them or not. I have mine at around 20-22 lbs.

Blu du

Reaction score
Pressure tank has nothing to do with pressure. It is mearly a storage tank, so you pump doesn't cycle every time you draw a glass of water. Most likly your problem is you need a drilled well. Check the presure the pump starts and stops at. Most shallow wells are a 20/40. Where a submirsible pump we use a 40/60 switch. You can try crank down on the middle screw to adjust pressure the pump starts and stops at, but don't go to high so the pump don't shut off. Or you could also have plumbing fixture issues too with maggnesium,or iron bacteria build up

Blu du

Reaction score
A correctly aired up tank will have 2 lbs of air less the starting pressure of the pump when tank is fully drained. We get alot of call of people puting air in there tank to boost pressure on bladder tanks. All i can do is laugh. And if your bladder tank does not drain totally on it's own it means the bladder has broke and there is water on top

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check too see if I can turn the middle screw and the pressure at the tank before the taps are turned on and when they are on.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get the pressure set to where you want it see where the pump cuts out and bleed all the pressure off the system and put 75% of the cut out pressure on the top or in the bladder of your pressure tank. If it is an older jet pump they can be adjusted for more flow a bit.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a brand new pump from crappy tire the old went a month ago... i think i am going to phone a plumber.... i am just a welder ..lol ..

Last edited:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a brand new pump from crappy tire the old went a month ago... i think i am going to phone a plumber.... i am just a welder ..lol ..

It's easy to do. The crappy tire pumps have 30/50 pressure switches. Give it a couple of turns as recommended above. Let it cycle a couple of times, make another adjustment.

Top Bottom