need track/susp help fast please

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuggin polaris:mad: so i installed the extros on the rmk, and then the rail tips hit the drivers, so i dropped the fron of the skid 1" and slid it back 1" they still friggen hit, no problem rigth slide it back another 1" or so but thats where i will have issues. it is a 159 on a 151 skid if i go back any more the rail ext will be too long and the rails will be to short. rrrggggg. can i just snip the tips of the rails? or will this also cause issues? anybody else had this problem what did you do to fix. thanks.

oldy800

Reaction score
I cut my tips on 1997 RMK i installed xtros on with no issues.Not sure how the sliders are anchored at the front of the rail. Just cut off whats necassary to clear the drivers or leave enough rail that you can still anchor the slider to the rail.Hope this helps.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuggin polaris:mad: so i installed the extros on the rmk, and then the rail tips hit the drivers, so i dropped the fron of the skid 1" and slid it back 1" they still friggen hit, no problem rigth slide it back another 1" or so but thats where i will have issues. it is a 159 on a 151 skid if i go back any more the rail ext will be too long and the rails will be to short. rrrggggg. can i just snip the tips of the rails? or will this also cause issues? anybody else had this problem what did you do to fix. thanks.

I did this on my 02 rmk, i moved that front hole back 2.5" (i think) and moved all the suspension parts to the hole about 1" forward. No rail extension needed and a way better attack angle. do not cut the rails unless you are putting on an antistab kit.

boosted metal

Reaction score
something isnt right w your calculations. You have a 151 skid w a 159 track. That will be a difference on the ground of only 4 ''. 159-151= 8 DIVIDED By 2= your 4''. You need to make up 4 ''. Move the skid back 4''?. Or less after factoring the amount of threads on your rear adjuster bolts.If using rail exstensions,there should be no problems still. Are you sure you have the right exstensions .Measure your exstensions?No reason to cut the rails, any pics

Top Bottom