need someone

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need to raise 2 of our cabins about 4 feet to get them off the ground. is there anyone on here that has the equipment to do this, probably a bunch of jacks. as a club we will supply the material and help with manpower. you supply knowledge and a bill

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big are the cabins, how heavy, what's the access like to get into them?

Around here it's really common for oilfield companies to donate the time and equipment to do something like this with the understanding that the group gives a little free advertising for the company doing the work.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
renshaw if we do it in the summer is by heli. Lucille is by truck summer. renshaw size is 36x20... Lucille is 20x20 attached to a 16x14 no idea of weight.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We jacked up and moved a house one time, with my dad and grandpa. Lifting it straight up with jacks shouldnt be too hard.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of want connected jacks so it doesn’t twist on a guy

what we did was jack it up a a little bit. block it, Jack it up some more. we didn't use any fancy tools. only had to lift it a foot though.

good luck :beer:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did it once with bottle jacks not going to attempt it this time. going up higher and we have a bit of money so we are willing to spend some want a better experience for sledders to get in and out of our cabins.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry
Can you send me summertime pictures of the cabins.
Have reviewed the job with my jack and roll team on site and they are interested
I will PM you their email address to work out details on the materials required for jacking without damage to cabins
They are involved in a shutdown for most of July and August but are open June and September
Not sure on how the raised cabins will be braced once 4' up (wind loading) but they will sort that out once we know what the cabin bases look like - be really nice to have some picture to plan before snow melts.
They will provide sketches on beams and blocking to you in a couple weeks after they get some pictures.
If their time does not align with what you have planned you will a least get a good plan and sketches from them by mid to late May.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did it once with bottle jacks not going to attempt it this time. going up higher and we have a bit of money so we are willing to spend some want a better experience for sledders to get in and out of our cabins.
Was away from home for a few days. Dad and brother decided to assist me with moving the mobile home with said " bottle jacks". Once it was 12" up it rolled on the jacks and fell back down. THERE WASN'T a picture left on the walls , dishes in cupboards were broke and a T.V. in a high stand didn't do so well either. This thread reminded me of that day and others of my own doing using bottle jacks and Jackalls. I am sure you all have a good story. Hope you get it secured properly. Bear looking for a good scratching post might be just enough to push it over. Put out some game cameras for the fun of it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Was away from home for a few days. Dad and brother decided to assist me with moving the mobile home with said " bottle jacks". Once it was 12" up it rolled on the jacks and fell back down. THERE WASN'T a picture left on the walls , dishes in cupboards were broke and a T.V. in a high stand didn't do so well either. This thread reminded me of that day and others of my own doing using bottle jacks and Jackalls. I am sure you all have a good story. Hope you get it secured properly. Bear looking for a good scratching post might be just enough to push it over. Put out some game cameras for the fun of it.

had an uncle killed while trying to "self level" his mobile home......

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we tried it on renshaw cabin dropped twice

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry
Can you send me summertime pictures of the cabins.
Have reviewed the job with my jack and roll team on site and they are interested
I will PM you their email address to work out details on the materials required for jacking without damage to cabins
They are involved in a shutdown for most of July and August but are open June and September
Not sure on how the raised cabins will be braced once 4' up (wind loading) but they will sort that out once we know what the cabin bases look like - be really nice to have some picture to plan before snow melts.
They will provide sketches on beams and blocking to you in a couple weeks after they get some pictures.
If their time does not align with what you have planned you will a least get a good plan and sketches from them by mid to late May.

we can text 7802689453 barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is so much snow I can't get summer pictures for a long time.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is so much snow I can't get summer pictures for a long time.

Are there not pictures from the expansions of the cabins.
Want to know the floor structure support to know what we are jacking on and what we are blocking to.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No rig jackers her to lend a hand?

Where is rocky davis these days

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McConnell building movers in Edmonton might be interested, they are the best in the business.But yeah what’s the plan for holding it 4’ higher in the air? Lol

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This can be done safely with 6 20 ton hydraulic jacks and about 600 pipeline skids. I know because I did this 2 years ago, raised my place 5 ft then lowered it back onto the foundation. It's not fun and it's a grueling job, but it definitely can be done safely.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had planned to set it down on 3x3 foot cribbing. 6x6

Top Bottom