Need part -help!?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...been waiting for a part for my SkiDoo...getting impatient and wondering if anyone has access to one they could ship out...or bring out...or anything.

Broke my lower spring on my center shock.
And what a bi!ch getting parts out here sometimes.

Anyone know if riding with this broken is going to be an issue???

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have pic...but it's under some foam chit...???
Can you weld spring steel?

Sorry if I'm asking boner questions :eek:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u could for a quick fix but likely wont last, if so use a mig welder but remove for best results

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but remove for best results

Thanks. Might have to do a quick fix.
:eek: Can't imagine if I didn't remove it.

Will it hurt riding it as is??? I can see it not being optimum, but will it do anything other than effect my riding ability maybe?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Might have to do a quick fix.
:eek: Can't imagine if I didn't remove it.

Will it hurt riding it as is??? I can see it not being optimum, but will it do anything other than effect my riding ability maybe?

My reason to remove it is so u can do a better welding job, as far riding as is if the spring happens to catch the track or break apart further may do more damage. riding as is supsension will be a little soft.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My reason to remove it is so u can do a better welding job, as far riding as is if the spring happens to catch the track or break apart further may do more damage. riding as is supsension will be a little soft.

Thanks blastoff.
Yes, I understand why to remove it, I wouldn't think you could weld it left on...but wtf do I know? Hmmm, so a quick fix might be better than no fix to hopefully avoid anything further happening...softer center suspension is ok.

Thanks again :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shock's off. It's the smaller spring at the bottom of the shock. Going to go and get 'er welded for now. Big spring's still good.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's off and welded. Hopefully hold out the weekend and we can round up a part by then. Man, you really appreciate your dealer once they're gone. :(

Not gone yet! For all you guys that had crappy dealers, I feel for you.
I on the other hand, have had the best service a guy could ask for!!!

If we could only get Randy and Dawn to sign up for another 20 years! :d:beer::beer:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tam ,if Maxwell has one can bring down for you tonight. Do you have part # yr.?

Thanks Vic. I guess the part that's on order is in Cranbrook, so almost here.
Steve has it welded for now, so I'll ride it like that this weekend and wait for the part. BP Motorsports in Invermere (Toby Creek Adventure's) Mike has been good here for trying to get us doo parts...even if they're a Cat dealer. They might be able to help you out if you ever need it out here. They're at the crossroads in Invermere now. :)

Funny, we got a call from our 'retired' local dealer this afternoon...not sure how they knew...but someone told them or they're lurking on here LOL. Now that's service! :thumb:

Top Bottom