Need on opinion on purchase 2005 rmk 900

Rochealbert

Reaction score
Hey guy to a chance to get an rmk 900 with low miles for cheap, just needs a new a arm and shock she took a smack, she has 2000 miles with a 151 2,1/2 " paddle track.the motor had all the updates, what mileage were people getting on the 05s

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 06 900. Loved it, one of the best machines I ever owned. Put a new long block in after 6000km so I could add a turbo setup. Eventually decided to just buy a new pro instead. I couldn't give it away. No one wants them. I loved it, but they have a horrible reputation. My advice, stay away if you ever think you will sell it.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I had an 06 900. Loved it, one of the best machines I ever owned. Put a new long block in after 6000km so I could add a turbo setup. Eventually decided to just buy a new pro instead. I couldn't give it away. No one wants them. I loved it, but they have a horrible reputation. My advice, stay away if you ever think you will sell it.
...X2

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know how every company builds a sled they should not have? For polaris..... this is that sled.

I understand what you’re saying but if you think for a minute, if not for the 166" Polaris it is very unlikely we would have a 174" track option in the aftermarket.
The 900’s have a very bad rep and I to would suggest you look into other options for a sled.

Boostmonkey

raap58

Reaction score
This sled is like bringing up a nasty lady. Sure she does the job, but when you wake up you realize its a mistake.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 166 and loved it except it was a pig on fuel!They were hit and miss on getting a good one!Seemed like every second guy hated them!But the new chassis was miles ahead of the old trailing arm one!There was very limited mods you could do to that one because of the 2 injector system.I rode that thing like it was stolen with no issues and traded it off on a new 08 800 Dragon and that jem caused me to be on Arctic Cat!Everyone bitched about the 900's but the dragons were a lot more unreliable in my opinion!

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a great idea. I bought an 05 almost new with three of my buddies and in that year the pistons were not the greatest. I was the only one to come out of that season with a motor that was still intack. They Both had to upgrade to the 06 pistons. They are very heavy on fuel as well

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit and miss. I have over 4000 miles on mine and I bought it used. I just did a top end rebuild and will ride at least one more year. The original owner upgraded the pistons before me since it had the 2 ring setup. I have had minor problems and I've spent close to a grand on stuff like the timbersled air intake, aftermarket bumper, running board inserts, track spring, can and vents. They are heavier than other sleds on a scale but out in the snow I can't tell the difference between getting my sled unstuck compared to anyone else I ride with... except the RX-Ton. I've blown one belt since I owned it and that was my fault for not replacing it sooner.
I thought it was bad on fuel when I first bought it but then found it was just the crappy digital fuel gauge. I picked up a mechanical gauge/cap from an 08 dragon. I ride just as far as everyone in our group and we are all using close to the same amount of fuel.
I absolutely love riding this sled. It does everything I want and goes everywhere my group goes. Unfortunately, lots of sleds have their own issues and things to watch out for. The 900s have such a bad reputation that I would not recommend one except my own.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMG_0143 (640x427).jpg I think there are a great sled if you get a good one they just happen to have quit a few lemons floating around,They are cheap with big power..................................Thats why I bought this one!
Roll the Dice,Lots of parts around!
catmando!

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LHF, dude you are on it. [h=2]Re: Need on opinion on purchase 2005 rmk 900[/h]
This sled is like bringing up a nasty lady. Sure she does the job, but when you wake up you realize its a mistake.
and this from a 2nd poster. Ridin, towed. shoveled. recovered riders with this sled. do not make eye contact and walk away slowly.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle purchased one... He quit sledding a year later. I believe he called it the "whale that wouldn't". Just sayin' ;)

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The front bumper will break in half if you trailer it with the tie attached to it!Not just the 900 all the plastic polaris front bumpers did for that matter!

Top Bottom