Need new sleding jacket and pants!?!?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have A HMK coat.. It's got some special Cordura lining on the outside which makes it super warm and it's like a tarp on the outside so durable for tree riding, getting ran over by a sled..... lol. But I am also looking for some new snow pants... Alot of people like the KLIMS.. might try them or HMK

lorne1176

Reaction score
Helly Hansen jacket and Mole pants have always served me well. Jacket is lightweight and you would never think it's as warm as it is by looking at it but anything above -15C I have to open the vents or I'm too hot. the mole pants are made for snowboarding but have been awesome for sledding. the only sled-specific gear I have it the Kilm boots...

X 2 for the Helly Hansen pants light weight, very comfortable and warm.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had Klim gear for 8 years, bought a motorfist jacket last year and found it similar in quality to the Klim. I like the offset zipper and fleece collar on the MF jacket.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
last year i bought eddy bauer "first ascent" gear.....shell, fleece liner, and base layer with hood loved it, light weight great for layering down and up, i did buy myself a drift jacket on sale in the summer but havent tried it yet (impulse buy) but very happy with the ascent gear, warm, light, and very free fitting easy to move in

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After reading this thread, I guess I'm on the hunt for some klim gear for this winter.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler. I have never heard of motorfist, but I'll see what i can find.

ASE Motorsports, T&T Powersports, Cycle Works, as well as many others have it :)

Not sure about Bruce's though, you'd have to ask Trev :)

trhaus

Reaction score
i think the only way to go is to mix and match, i am the wrong size for klim it just dont fit. i have cat coat and pants, and actva gloves, i wear snow boarding boots that change every year, the biggest thing i have found is dry your gear when your done riding. and always take a second pair of gloves. and when washing your gear go find an in wash water repellant. walmart has a few good ones, it just makes your gear last longer and preform better.

evil1

Reaction score
I rode last year with a klim suit and found the fit for me was to loose,,did'nt mind that as much as i felt kinda damp all the time,,what the heck!! Just a cold chill constantly,, anyhoo sold that gear, and wore my old suit for first few rides,,gonna give motofist a hard look,,been using there gloves and love them,,really warm,,also the material in between the finger layers is not slippery,,which i found on the klim gloves,,imo.. A test i always used for gloves was to put the thumb and index finger together like a pinch then slide them around and feel how the inner layers move around the outside layer,,this helps ya to hang on if the glove doesnt have a slimmy feel..

thatguy

Reaction score
Bought the sled neck jacket and pants amazing its light very durable lots of net little things about it went sledding in minus 35last year way up north and just layered with helly found my self sweating wind will not penetrate it and not everyone has it either i highly recamend it

Top Bottom