Need new sleding jacket and pants!?!?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I'm in the market for new Sled Jacket and Pants. There are the obvious front runners out there for lotsa $$$. I know you get what you pay for but there has got to be more then just Klim. Anyone want to comment on what they've purchased lately and where they purchased? Were you happy with the purchase/retailer or not?

Thanks,

Todd.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Klim, thats all I can say, have had a bunch of others and so far the best is klim

KLIM - klime not klem

I like to bug people so I call it Klim (slim) not (climb) lol .......... :beer::d:beer: Have to admitt though it's the best gear I've owned.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I like to bug people so I call it Klim (slim) not (climb) lol .......... :beer::d:beer: Have to admitt though it's the best gear I've owned.

Although it's not very slimming, kind of makes me look like I got a beer gut .......:eek::eek:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim or HMK...IMO. We have so much Klim gear in our group...and noone is disappointed! (socks, boots, mid layer, base layer, gloves, pants, jackets...)Had other brands...but don't compare. Buddies have HMK and Love it too...I haven't tried it yet, but have a jacket that's too big that I hope to trade for one that fits. Any women looking for a great jacket...let me know! Have a lg Action Jacket in Camo!

Todd...we have an almost new XL Valdez we're looking to sell...blue one, sweet jacket. Hubby wants the new model and since Klim is a rider sponsor for Sledbetties we get some great discounts! :D

I think he has some pretty new Klim (togwotee) pants that were too big that don't get worn...XL, give ya a great deal on both!!!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 other snow suits but were garbage compared to KLIM

Have had the Klim bibs & jacket 7 years now!!!

Still Water proof and warm as hell....

Yes they are pricy but when you are 70km from the truck and wet & cold with a crappy snow suit you will have wished you paid a lot more and bought the best right of the bat...

You might want to think of your snow suit as your survival suit!!
If you get dripping sweaty wet from man handling your sled with a Klim suit you will be dry within 30 minutes and feel warm again. With other crappy suits they can not transpire the moisture and you retain the moisture within the suit and freeze all day long...

If you are looking at other clothes only buy GORTEX clothing (they Transpire)with micro fleece base & mid layers

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone who has Klim also has one or two sets of crappy gear that is reserved for chores now....buy the best and you wont regret...Klim is nothing special its Goretex and is based on a layering system...if you dont want Klim it must be Goretex...

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had slednecks gear and was very disapointed.... Got Klim now...
love it... ride with a guy that has the motorfist stuff and he likes it.
little better price point.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being the rebel that I am, I have FXR Gore Tex gear and have been very happy with it. zippers and snaps are good quality, very strong materials and lots of pockets.

Your base layers account for more of your heat retention than your outer gear, you can buy all Klim outers but if you're rockin the cotton Stanfields and jeans for a hard ride, chances are if there's an incident you will be cold.....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T&T has some sales coming up in September, also a good night of drinking after shopping what more can you ask for. :d femme will treat you right.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very happy with the eVent gear, pricey but can you really put a dollar value on staying warm and dry?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear ToBe jacket, it is amazing. And the best part, the price was amazing! Like $75 because it was on closeout, got 2 for still half the price of klim. And they fit 100x better then klim, they have REAL sizes unlike klim.

Pants are some cheapos from sport mart that work so well, just don't hold water at all. Work better then klims by far, they are BONE dry they don't even need to be hung up at the end of the day like klim gear.

Only wear klim boots and wouldn't dare spend the money on any other of their items.

Wear cabela's goretex gloves very good and yet again very well priced.

IMO no one maker has the best stuff you need to find certain parts that work well. For example it seems klims jackets and bibs are very good, while gloves and boots are more of so-so.

I spent more on my boots then my helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, etc ALL combined and my boots are the things I am the LEAST happy with. Big price tag don't mean they are any good.

Squiggy

Reaction score
Had some cheap stuff and made do for a few years, got some Castle Racing and it was pretty good although I had issues with velcro and snaps coming off the gaiter part of the pants within 2 rides...disappointing for what was paid. Gone to Klim now as well. Check out KLIM Technical Riding Gear - Ultimate in Comfort, Fit, Mobility and Protection: STORE there are some great deals to be had there. I believe you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom