Need help to recover snowbike close to Allen creek cabin

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all. My snowbike died 1km ish from the Allen creek cabin.

We tried towing it out but kept tipping over while pulling. Later today found out to try pulling from foot pegs. But we were in the parking lot already and doubling down the Allen trail was an adventure.

But am told a big plastic toboggan is best.

I have a rmk with me as well so am trying to find a plastic sled to rent or buy.

I checked alpine rentals already. They don't have one.

Ufa Hinton is closed already...

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try summit river lodge there close to Allen ck staging area they may have something you can use.
Best of luck. Cheers

JDen

Reaction score
I towed a couple last year, they actually tow super easy if you can get the strap set up right (as long as your track turns). We found if you hook to a footpeg and go through the forks it's not hard to keep upright at all, long as you don't have to turn super shard it's a breeze. We were taking the belts off too(yeti), just because it's easy. I always tow with a bungee and it's been simple, if you don't have one I'd recommend getting one to help with it if the trail is sketchy. Good luck.

Edit: it can be tough to get the track turning freely but having some one lifting/dropping it when getting going solved that

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Saw the bike. Good luck getting it out. Terry's truck was still at Clemina about an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Track turns freely.

We put it on its side to spin the track and clear out the ice from the drivers and such.

I got a new battery for it. Hoping to drop it in and start it. Hoping that is.

Also got a "y" strap to attach to foot pegs. I also have the long sno bungy the hook ends.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call yellow head choppers. Probably be under a $1000 from there. Thinking the trail down with a bike in a plastic tub being pulled by a sliding sled should be interesting. Good luck with your venture.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the bike running and to the cabin. But I had two machine to take down by myself so bike is still up there. Will it be safe to leave it there till Saturday when I can come back to get it?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be but you never know, make sure it wont run so nobody steals it, but thats not saying some squid wont thieve anything they can take off it

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least it doesn't have any bolt on stuff yet like fancy hand guards or light bars and such.

Full cover insurance at least too.

Just wouldn't want to drive 4.5hrs and then walk or double up and see it gone...

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id put it right by the camera at the cabin if it was me. That or ditch it somewhere in the trees where no one will find it. I've seen abandoned sleds in Renshaw one weekend and then tore down to the chassis the next. If guys need the parts or money they'll take it unfortunately

pommie_git

Reaction score
Got the bike running and to the cabin. But I had two machine to take down by myself so bike is still up there. Will it be safe to leave it there till Saturday when I can come back to get it?

Should be ok, just don't tell the entire internet exactly where it is and how long it's going to be there for.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did this get picked up? My buddy old pal is coming up with a bearcat and his big skimmer, he could toss it in and haul it down.

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the internet thief's leave it alone. I was involved with a guy whos chain case went out on him. We came back the next weekend with the parts to fix it and the engine was gone.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was so happy to see my bike in one piece.

Tough luck for your friend. There are thieves everywhere.

Top Bottom