need help, sled broke, where to go?

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so the last ride of last winter my sled quit. If I pull the rope very slowly it will turn over but if I go to pull it like I'm going to start it it will stop dead and I cant move it. My riding buddy beleives the problem to be in the bottom end.

The machine is a 2005 summit 800

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

From what I can tell I will have to pull the motor, pull the top end and split the bottom in order to be able to see what the problem is.?

Any thoughts?

Also I have just recently moved to Edmonton and am not familiar with the best/worst or competitive cost locations where I can take it?

Any info guys would be appreciated

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ok, so the last ride of last winter my sled quit. If I pull the rope very slowly it will turn over but if I go to pull it like I'm going to start it it will stop dead and I cant move it. My riding buddy beleives the problem to be in the bottom end.

The machine is a 2005 summit 800

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

From what I can tell I will have to pull the motor, pull the top end and split the bottom in order to be able to see what the problem is.?

Any thoughts?

Also I have just recently moved to Edmonton and am not familiar with the best/worst or competitive cost locations where I can take it?

Any info guys would be appreciated

give Deano670 on here a PM, he runs Mad Motorsports out of Beaumont, he'll treat you right.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler. Our new shop is in leduc. 780 986 6370. Have you tried pulling it over with out spark plugs in the holes??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler. Our new shop is in leduc. 780 986 6370. Have you tried pulling it over with out spark plugs in the holes??

beaumont, leduc? what's the difference? 5 minutes driving? lol

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try turning it from the clutch by hand and listen for any odd noises, but it could be many different things. Short of tearing it down you really will never be 100% certain

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have turned it by hand, didnt hear anything but I will try again, am I saving anything (money wise) to pull the engine and top end myself to try and see what the problem is or am I better of just leaving it together and taking it in?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start with pulling the recoil off and see if it's busted up in there. They were known for it in those years.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have turned it by hand, didnt hear anything but I will try again, am I saving anything (money wise) to pull the engine and top end myself to try and see what the problem is or am I better of just leaving it together and taking it in?

That wil depend on whether or not you put it back together your self or take it to a shop to have them reassemble it. Im not going to lie, it usually costs you more if you take it to a shop in pieces and have them put it back together vs letting them do it from start to finish. If your not comfortable with engine work, you could save yourself the labour to re & re the engine from the chassis.

Deano

Top Bottom