need help setting up apex mountain

M1000

Reaction score
I just purchased an 09 apex mountain and I am wondering how they are for mountain riding stock or if I should be making any changes. If you have any pointers or tips on how to set it up before Tuesday morning please do so, as I am going to the mountains!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an 09 apex mountain and I am wondering how they are for mountain riding stock or if I should be making any changes. If you have any pointers or tips on how to set it up before Tuesday morning please do so, as I am going to the mountains!

Your good to go for mountains with your stock setup. I modded mine with a tunnel dump exhaust and a boss seat, lightened it up and gained maybe 7 more Ponies. You gotta be able to toss your weight around on this sled as well.Beware to always keep a bit of throttle on when coming back down from your hi marks, this prevent you from eating the bars when the engine holds back lol. Use the throttle control and your weight to make the apex enjoyable. The one thing i notice with the 4 banger is keep on the throttle. Check my Blue 2008 Apex out with the mods, wifes is the red one beside me thats stock.Post some pics when you return of your mountain trip.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 31

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bar extensions are a must.

Yes, I forgot to mention that I went with a block and riser kit from (Stony Plain AB) Looks real sharp on the Apex and gives you more control over your leans! I also got my seat and exhaust mods from Tachycardia Performance

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bar riser right away!

Biggest thing is to lesrn how she handles..you drive this sled with your feet and your body position - not the skis or the bars! When you get that part sorted out it will drive easier than any sled you've owned. Don't be afraid to lean it way over to carve it around.

Good luck!

Top Bottom