Need help on gps programs

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
So i have a gramin gps that is brand new so i need to get the Map programs. I'm looking for the ones that i can use back in the bush when riding and also to find new areas to ride like redwater etc. i have been told that that birds eye and topo are good but im not sure which topo maps

thanks for the help

skegmaha

Reaction score
I purchased the alberta backroads maps for my garmin they seem good and you don'thave to pay a monthly fee like birdseye,I've also heard the hunter edition maps are good for trails also.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use bush maps

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BDp, I am sure you will be getting some help around here, what model is your Garmin GPS unit? Unless you are a computer expert the SD/Micro SD cards do not work in/on the Computer. You will need a copy of the Gamin DVD Topo MapSource Mapping Software V 4, (not locked), or the ibycus Topo V 4, (not locked) both for all of Canada, or the Backroads GPS Maps AB/BC. lots of bucks,(locked). With the Garmin and the ibycus Software you can make your own SD/MSD cards for your GPS Unit. There is some oil field software available, but costly.
Attached is a copy of the Redwater Area, put together over the years from much help from many riders of the Redwater Riders' Club. With the Garmin MapSource Mapping Software, one can share Waypoints/Tracks through the e Mail direct from one computer to another com. The Older Garmin GPS units use a GDB prodocal, Mapsource, the newer units use GPX prodocal, Base Camp.

Bruce.

Attachments

• Redwater OHV Area..jpg
    Redwater OHV Area..jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 127

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is etopo from maptown it will show your routes and utm or lat long right on the map. It requires you print off the maps and take them with you though.

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
thanks for the help i talked to a few people i know and a few people at the gps store and settled on the Bc & Alberta Back road gps maps. it seems to give me everything so here's to hoping all goes well.

Top Bottom