NDP Minority Govt in Alberta

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope I wake up tomorrow and not have the sky fall. Just like the price of the loonie...What hurts one market flourishes another.
Loonie has been climbing a bit at a time for a month now. I wouldn't worry about it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did oil close at yesterday?

WTI has been climbing as has Brent for the past month. Nat. Gas has also been on the rise over the past two weeks.

Attachments

• 78f461c53a249a8cdbe53d8669e940b7.png
    78f461c53a249a8cdbe53d8669e940b7.png
    7 KB · Views: 222
  • a159cb4c694cc7a99e3bf0b7d42b77f1.png
    a159cb4c694cc7a99e3bf0b7d42b77f1.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 446df9eb631d338ab12b0b9a327bc053.png
    446df9eb631d338ab12b0b9a327bc053.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 224

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:frusty:

Wow there are some thick headed people on here who dont have a clue about business.

If the rate goes from 10% to 12% that is a 2 point (%) increase in the rate.

So using the $100 formula as previously stated, my business would go from paying $10 per $100 profit to paying $12 per $100 in profit.

That is a $2 increase over every $10 I used to have to pay. That is a TWENTY PERCENT increase in the amount I had to pay.

For those who have trouble figuring out percentages grab your calculator, hit the 2 key, the hit the divide key, the hit 10 then hit equal. That comes out to .20 which is 20%. Ask any accountant, it is a 20% increase in what you have to pay.

Look at it this way, if your making $10 per hour and get a 20% increase, you get an extra $2 per hour. Its the same math.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow there are some thick headed people on here who dont have a clue about business.

If the rate goes from 10% to 12% that is a 2 point (%) increase in the rate.

So using the $100 formula as previously stated, my business would go from paying $10 per $100 profit to paying $12 per $100 in profit.

That is a $2 increase over every $10 I used to have to pay. That is a TWENTY PERCENT increase in the amount I had to pay.

For those who have trouble figuring out percentages grab your calculator, hit the 2 key, the hit the divide key, the hit 10 then hit equal. That comes out to .20 which is 20%. Ask any accountant, it is a 20% increase in what you have to pay.

Look at it this way, if your making $10 per hour and get a 20% increase, you get an extra $2 per hour. Its the same math.

----

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gdvross

Reaction score
Don't know if it's true or not but they where saying on our talk radio here in Saskatchewan that some of the biggest old commies are in Alberta advising your new leader.I would be very surprised if it was just Roy Romanow telling her how to rip the heart out of your economy.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What economy? Oh you mean the one that the PC's destroyed that led to the NDP ass kicking they laid down on election day. Corporate bailouts and huge tax breaks are history in Alberta I think. At least for the next 4 years.

Don't know if it's true or not but they where saying on our talk radio here in Saskatchewan that some of the biggest old commies are in Alberta advising your new leader.I would be very surprised if it was just Roy Romanow telling her how to rip the heart out of your economy.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTI has been climbing as has Brent for the past month. Nat. Gas has also been on the rise over the past two weeks.
What is the discount off those prices for canadian heavy crude at today?
What is the break even price on gas for shale and devonian sour at these days? The answers to that will tell what the buisness is doing.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are getting at. He asked what they were at and I answered.
Discount for WCS is about $8 off WTI and closed Friday a little above $50. Keep in mind this is only for heavy oil sands crude and bitumen for the most part and whoever supplies sweet oil for the blend. This price doesn't affect most of the light sweet crude that doesn't contribute to this like most all of the Bakken for instance. Or those that drill only for gas.

As far as what dollar amount is the line for making money that varies across the operators. All that matters in the big picture for oil is that WTI and Brent is going up.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What economy? Oh you mean the one that the PC's destroyed that led to the NDP ass kicking they laid down on election day. Corporate bailouts and huge tax breaks are history in Alberta I think. At least for the next 4 years.
Destroyed the Alberta economy??WTF!Are you talking about the same Alberta? The economy of the place called Alberta I am familiar with has been the envy of North America for the last 10 years. They must be growing some good s**t around PG. Maybe wait until the affects of that stuff wear off before making irrational posts.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UOTE=Stompin Tom;2129420]The calculator went up 2 points from 10 percentage points to 12 percentage points.

What the company has to pay has gone up 20%, from 10% to 12%

the difference is between how the tax is calculated and how much you have to pay in hard dollars.[/QUOTE]

Haha been gone for 5 days and still alive. Yes you pay 20% more than you used to which is 2% more of your total that you will loose to taxation. They are both one and the same - one just makes the world seem a darker place to live in.
Personally as an individual my yearly tax is just over 37% (provincial and federal combined) of my gross on my weekly cheques and I max my RRSP every year with basically nothing back after tax season and my wife works as a tax professional so yes we use every opportunity to get a penny back. Our Farm corpoation paid 20% on average of our gross in taxes during its life of operation - a bussiness with high operation costs and crazy risk potential.
12% seems like a fawkin awsome deal to me...........there is no way that I can personnaly knock off 25% to get down to 12% without risk of going to jail for a long time. I just got my yearly profit sharing cheque an they took 39% off of that one....ouch baby!!!!

Unless there is a huge portion of taxation that I am missing 10 or 12% is a dam sweet deal, personally I think the PCs let the gap widen to much.:pout:

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's not good. One of the problems we are going to have with this government is that before all the losers would go protest and have rally's. Now all the losers are happy and we are to busy trying to make a living to go hold a big kumbaya party at legislative building to get these losers out.

Top Bottom