NDP Alberta?????

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the heck did the NDP get in, it seems no one voted for them.

Endeepeepees got 41% of the vote. 52% of the vote was for Conservative or Wild Rose. So basically, the majority of Albertans did NOT vote these idiots in. This will happen again if the right wing parties don't get their crap together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new generation of spoiled entitled brats. Are they in for a rude awaking when the country can no longer function with the debt.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While there is SFA that we can do about the oil prices, Notley is also not doing anything to stimulate or entice investment from resource production in Alberta. Even with the prices there is still drilling going on elsewhere in North America as well as globally. There are a lot of people that have become unemployed over the past year and some have paid into EI, but there are also a lot of people who own and operate their own small business and have been slowly starving over the last year with no end in sight.

I'm not sure where Notley and all of these NDP supporters figure that all of this magical tax money is going to come from. If my company is not making money then it will have no corporate income tax to pay. If my company is not making any money, I will not be making a personal income and have no personal income tax to pay. If my company is not performing services it will not be collecting GST either.

Bill 6 doesn't give farmers a choice where they get their coverage from. The must get it from another government agency and at some of the highest premiums there is!! Higher than drilling industry premiums!! No one ever wants to have anyone get hurt no matter where they work and most reputable farm operations that have hired workers do already have their own coverage for everything.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the debt level that the BC liberals increased from 20 billion under the NDP to 136 billion under their watch, isn't their fault? OK.
Oh i see one person did, I am sorry to say i did once in BC as well. Not long after the our debt was tremendous and all the high paying jobs disappeared. Welfare, minimum wage jobs and lots of red tape is what their specialty is

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price of oil has nothing to do with your NDP govt. Ask Saudi Arabia and the other OPEC nations why it's so low.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
While there is SFA that we can do about the oil prices, Notley is also not doing anything to stimulate or entice investment from resource production in Alberta. Even with the prices there is still drilling going on elsewhere in North America as well as globally. There are a lot of people that have become unemployed over the past year and some have paid into EI, but there are also a lot of people who own and operate their own small business and have been slowly starving over the last year with no end in sight.

I'm not sure where Notley and all of these NDP supporters figure that all of this magical tax money is going to come from. If my company is not making money then it will have no corporate income tax to pay. If my company is not making any money, I will not be making a personal income and have no personal income tax to pay. If my company is not performing services it will not be collecting GST either.

Bill 6 doesn't give farmers a choice where they get their coverage from. The must get it from another government agency and at some of the highest premiums there is!! Higher than drilling industry premiums!! No one ever wants to have anyone get hurt no matter where they work and most reputable farm operations that have hired workers do already have their own coverage for everything.

I am getting old and my vision isn't what it used to be but the default size of the font is quite readable. The font size above is way to small to read comfortably. Maybe this could be addressed before your next post?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's really scary is that the NDP has basically done nothing but announce future changes and every one of them shows a total lack of common sense or business acumen. Very few of them have any relevant business experience and a shocking number of them have never even held a job!!
Its true that they're not to blame for the price of oil, but raising income taxes, starting a carbon tax scheme, and wanting to diddle with royalties when the economy is in this state creates uncertainty that drives capital and investors away. This is what totally escapes them. Alberta is now one of the last places any investor will look to put his money, largely because they can't trust that it won't be taxed away. Companies will spend money in a downturn if they think it will pay dividends in the future. Often their money will go farther due to lower wages and construction costs, and that they stand to reap a bigger profit when things pick up. All higher taxes do is remove money from the economy that could be used for re-investment.

What is gonna make it worse for us is the Feds encouragement of devaluing the dollar. Watch in the spring when the auctions start liquidating assets for struggling companies. Americans will arrive in droves and buy up all the good equipment due to the difference in the dollar. Any one local that has the cash to upgrade will be unable to compete with the Americans. Then when things do turn around here, we're gonna have to re-tool again and buy new equipment at a much higher cost, often from the states. Now is the time we need govt to help business by making it easier to do business, retain workers and important assets and infrastructure, and not to destroy the confidence and business atmosphere of the province.

Thats is what the NDP can't understand because they have a pathological need to tax, spend and try to socially engineer the world. It hasn't worked in any other province and won't work here.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manitoba doesn't have it so where do you find all provinces have it

fawk off notley
Bill 6, more entitlement. Farmers think they can operate without WCB OHS when the rest of us have to and btw every other province has it. What happens when their hired help gets hurt on site? I have wcb on my guys what makes them so special because they grow food and livestock?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's really scary is that the NDP has basically done nothing but announce future changes and every one of them shows a total lack of common sense or business acumen. Very few of them have any relevant business experience and a shocking number of them have never even held a job!!
Its true that they're not to blame for the price of oil, but raising income taxes, starting a carbon tax scheme, and wanting to diddle with royalties when the economy is in this state creates uncertainty that drives capital and investors away. This is what totally escapes them. Alberta is now one of the last places any investor will look to put his money, largely because they can't trust that it won't be taxed away. Companies will spend money in a downturn if they think it will pay dividends in the future. Often their money will go farther due to lower wages and construction costs, and that they stand to reap a bigger profit when things pick up. All higher taxes do is remove money from the economy that could be used for re-investment.

What is gonna make it worse for us is the Feds encouragement of devaluing the dollar. Watch in the spring when the auctions start liquidating assets for struggling companies. Americans will arrive in droves and buy up all the good equipment due to the difference in the dollar. Any one local that has the cash to upgrade will be unable to compete with the Americans. Then when things do turn around here, we're gonna have to re-tool again and buy new equipment at a much higher cost, often from the states. Now is the time we need govt to help business by making it easier to do business, retain workers and important assets and infrastructure, and not to destroy the confidence and business atmosphere of the province.

Thats is what the NDP can't understand because they have a pathological need to tax, spend and try to socially engineer the world. It hasn't worked in any other province and won't work here.
Very well put ,and i would add there is a movement to redistribute much of the power and wealth to the EAST. The lower dollar benifits the auto / manufacturing industry in the east. A direct result of the political will to contribute more to the current party`s electoral base.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do the NDP hate oil sands? I keep hearing these dirty oil coments.. The oil is in the sand! They clean the oil out of the sand and then put the clean sand back!! They should love this!! they there cleaning up the environment! Now thanks to them all this oil is out there stuck in the sand dirtying up the place no one to clean it up! And how everyone saying all your eggs in one basket. We have one huge egg! That feeds everyone! And one perfict basket that it fits in. Why wouldn't you do everything in your power to protect that egg, instead of Throwing that egg out and getting a couple small eggs that only feed a few people in a couple little baskets and leave the big one empty..

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hence why oil companies are lining up in sask

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic here,but I would like to ask all people on here if they have had a chance to sign the 2 petitions that are being circulated for signatures for the recall legislation on Bill6/Carbon Tax as they will be presented in Parliament to the Lt Governor in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have not and I might be able to get to you for you signature. Thank You.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that don't know these petitions are the Real ones and are not electronic petitions as the e petitions have no credibility in our voting system. I have to be present when people sign them and I have to return these in a week/half to Calg for presentation to the Lt Governor in hopes for the recall. Pm me if you like and I might be able to point you to where you can sign. Or I might be able to come to you depending on where you live being that I have some free time.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic here,but I would like to ask all people on here if they have had a chance to sign the 2 petitions that are being circulated for signatures for the recall legislation on Bill6/Carbon Tax as they will be presented in Parliament to the Lt Governor in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have not and I might be able to get to you for you signature. Thank You.

Signed them yesterday. If you live near Red Deer the Ufa in Edgar and Play it Again sports have them to sign on there front counters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price of oil isn't the biggest issue here and everyone knows the NDP didn't cause it to drop.

The issue is how they handled the drop and loss of jobs. A royalty increase, shutting down future expansions of facilities and pipelines which when the price goes up and industry is balls out again will be needed, and introducing/supporting carbon taxes were the wrong things to do if one wants to stimulate the economy and promote investment.

I agree the PC should have increased royalties years ago, even though they couldn't figure out how to even collect taxes/royalties correctly at the rate they were at and lost billions. They needed to go to shake up the party and get rid of some of the freeloading bums that were in there.
Too bad it had to come to this to do that.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that don't know these petitions are the Real ones and are not electronic petitions as the e petitions have no credibility in our voting system. I have to be present when people sign them and I have to return these in a week/half to Calg for presentation to the Lt Governor in hopes for the recall. Pm me if you like and I might be able to point you to where you can sign. Or I might be able to come to you depending on where you live being that I have some free time.

Please please come to cold lake. I need and want to sign and im certain many more in this area will sign too.

Top Bottom