Nafta Talks

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trump will be calling Trudeau very shortly, lets hope Trudeau does not insult trump with more arogance. Trump figures a deal can be reached in one day. It will not be called NAFTA any more.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in order for a deal to be made both parties must agree on the general terms and Trump doesnt like losing so it will be interesting. I just hope a Nafta frame work is better than the old one negotiated by Mulroney especially in the natural resource category.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when Trudeau loses and argument, he calls in some goons to assault and silence them. I highly doubt Trump will put up with any of that kind of bull****.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First president every that has to deal with all this crap from the justice department and FBI and the media and the shadow government. I could not emagine all the good he could have done for he American people if he did not have to put up with the crap. I was thinking he was just going to turn up to be another body bag. But they will get him..... unless he manages to lock up the Clintons, obamas and bushes first. But I highly doubt he will win that one.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trudeau is sitting at the table with the short stack by a lot , plus as a deal maker he's a proven idiot, plus Trump will be more than willing to leave the table without having struck a deal. Any optimism would be sadly misplaced.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot of that crap is self created. If he would just shut his mouth and his twitter maybe things would be different. But where there is smoke there is fire so my gut feeling is Trump has lots of skeletons in the closet.

First president every that has to deal with all this crap from the justice department and FBI and the media and the shadow government. I could not emagine all the good he could have done for he American people if he did not have to put up with the crap. I was thinking he was just going to turn up to be another body bag. But they will get him..... unless he manages to lock up the Clintons, obamas and bushes first. But I highly doubt he will win that one.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im must be misreading this, but it almost sounds like your defending him.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mexico and the USA will come to an agreement and Canada will be left with Trudeau and that weeble cristia freeland standing there with stupid looks on their face, all because they’re too gutless to allow supply management into the mix and piss off the Quebec and Ontario farmers. Everyone trading with the USA better realize that the Americans don’t care about anybody’s economy except their own. If your country can flange up with the states and reach an agreement, good for you. If, like Canada, you take the position that the states has to meet your requirements, you’re in for a shock, as we in Canada are about to find out.
You nailed it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Trudeau or Freeland is going to go in and not move on the Supply Management aspect of the dairy industry and that will be it. It will be over. Trump wants more market for the farmers in the US and he would like to open it up to free enterprise instead of government controls like their are now. Is this not a lot like the Wheat Board used to be?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot of that crap is self created. If he would just shut his mouth and his twitter maybe things would be different. But where there is smoke there is fire so my gut feeling is Trump has lots of skeletons in the closet.
Trump uses Twitter to get his message out to his base because the MSM and the left don't want him to succeed and take his success' as failure. If you're banking on Trump being impeached I've got a bridge to sell you.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, the difference with dairy/egg supply management vs wheat/barley is the quotas. The dairy/egg guys have spent millions upon millions of bucks to secure their quotas and a lot of that is on borrowed money thru major banks. The wheat board was simply a selling arm for the farmers with some financial contributions to the board by each farmer. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think there is a government willing to upset the apple cart on the supply management concept as it would be political suicide and a costly one as well.

Trudeau or Freeland is going to go in and not move on the Supply Management aspect of the dairy industry and that will be it. It will be over. Trump wants more market for the farmers in the US and he would like to open it up to free enterprise instead of government controls like their are now. Is this not a lot like the Wheat Board used to be?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time will tell. Just gotta wonder why his CFO jumped ship if he doesnt think something is coming down the pipeline. It will be interesting. PS, they thought Nixon would never be impeached either. How did that work out for him?

Trump uses Twitter to get his message out to his base because the MSM and the left don't want him to succeed and take his success' as failure. If you're banking on Trump being impeached I've got a bridge to sell you.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Trump would have already made America greater than even he thought possible if he did not have to deal with all the aholes he has to defend against.
He is a nut for sure......but not a rotten crooked nut like all his predecessors, he is just a nut trying to do the country he loves some good.

Our wing nut hates his country and citizens and will destroy Canada without batting an eye or dropping an eyebrow.
Someone needs to send him to visit is brother, sooner than later.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, the difference with dairy/egg supply management vs wheat/barley is the quotas. The dairy/egg guys have spent millions upon millions of bucks to secure their quotas and a lot of that is on borrowed money thru major banks. The wheat board was simply a selling arm for the farmers with some financial contributions to the board by each farmer. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think there is a government willing to upset the apple cart on the supply management concept as it would be political suicide and a costly one as well.

Who were the quotas secured/purchased from and who created the system?
I know who we purchased our milk quotas from and where the money went and that was an f'n scam if I ever saw one.
Govt does not want to upset the cart they created??????
When I was just out of school the grain quota system was no better but a quota increase was a lot easier to get about 12 years ago when I went into land rental and quit farming.
Govt in any type of producers face has never been a benefit to the producer - only for the next guys down the line or the govt.

Political suicide to upset the cart...I'd say so. lol

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trump would have already made America greater than even he thought possible if he did not have to deal with all the aholes he has to defend against.
He is a nut for sure......but not a rotten crooked nut like all his predecessors, he is just a nut trying to do the country he loves some good.

Our wing nut hates his country and citizens and will destroy Canada without batting an eye or dropping an eyebrow.
Someone needs to send him to visit is brother, sooner than later.
i think he has already dropped an eyebrow there chuck!!!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being in the trading business I have to say I agree with their stand 100% on the deal breakers preventing us from moving forward with a deal. As a member of DRC we MUST have that in the NAFTA agreement otherwise we are not going to have any tools for trade disputes going forward with individual companies. Mexico has agreed to some trade regulations today but they too are not 100% on board until the Trump negotiators remove that from the table including the sunset clause. Anyway, like I said above only time will tell how this will end up.

Some protection for Canada would be nice.
I don't think our guy has the balls to get much for his rainbow socks, that's all.

Top Bottom