My run in with the CO's

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why a lot of people in B C hate the regie thing, it's not the tax but a huge amount of stolen Alberta OHV are driven, sold ,chopped o being used in one way or another out there with no problems. An honest person has no problem doing a regie as they aren't trying to hide anything. For the last quite a few years Revey has been a choice "pick your part or sled" shopping spot for thieves to support their habbits with Alberta sleds and parts.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant make a sticker of your plate, your not a gov't agency. it would be consider fraud, its no different that making
a sticker for your vehicle. i mounted mine to the rear bumper with metal clamps. so it swings out of the way

I was wondering about that. I wrote my MLA requesting change in legislation to have them move to the "sticker plate" like BC has. Because they took pics of my sled I know if I run into the same CO's again that they would ticket me for not having it mounted. So I'll figure out a spot to put it. I've read a few good ideas.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's because icbc is both, insurance and registered
The plate u get for 48 bucks and any tax u pay to get ur stuff done, is persay insurance but only for non plowed fsr roads and private land
This isn't Alberta where u can ditch bang or field ride in b.c......

Let's try this one more time. NO, your $48 dollar one time registration does NOT give you liability insurance of any kind.....none, nadda, zero. ICBC will happily sell you that for another $89 to cover FSR's and crown land if you like, and an additional $48 liability policy if you want to CROSS plowed roads at a controlled intersection. Snowmobiles do not require liability insurance in BC to operate on unplowed FSR's or crown land. Snowmobiles are not allowed to operate on plowed roads period, other than the previously mentioned incidental road crossings. You can insure if you wish.....most do, but it's not a legal requirement and not included with registration.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's try this one more time. NO, your $48 dollar one time registration does NOT give you liability insurance of any kind.....none, nadda, zero. ICBC will happily sell you that for another $89 to cover FSR's and crown land if you like, and an additional $48 liability policy if you want to CROSS plowed roads at a controlled intersection. Snowmobiles do not require liability insurance in BC to operate on unplowed FSR's or crown land. Snowmobiles are not allowed to operate on plowed roads period, other than the previously mentioned incidental road crossings. You can insure if you wish.....most do, but it's not a legal requirement and not included with registration.
Umm one more time, I said persay insurance

Enough to be legal, to travel non plowed fsr roads

I said dyck sh!t about liability insurance now did I

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm one more time, I said persay insurance

Enough to be legal, to travel non plowed fsr roads

I said dyck sh!t about liability insurance now did I

WTF is "persay insurance"? Registration gives you zero insurance, and you don't need insurance to be legal on non-plowed FSR's.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you move along bingo. im no ndp supporter. go ahead, make a fake lic plate. makes no difference to me.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$137 a year for insurance is awfully cheap, if you ask me.

Half a year. Who runs a sled in the summer?

Actually I mis-spoke. The $89 liability was a private carrier. The $48 for road crossing is ICBC and only available from them.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is "persay insurance"? Registration gives you zero insurance, and you don't need insurance to be legal on non-plowed FSR's.
I'm still having a tough time with this. So with B.C. registration you kinda have insurance basically?:smiliestirthepot: Sorry. Had too.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Top Bottom