My mobility scooter mod, need help from snow and mudders.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I need some help from you guys, I have recently acquired a mobility scooter from my aunt because I told her I always wanted to build one that would haul ass with a dirt bike engine. We laughed about it and when my uncle passed on a few months later she remembered what I said and told me to come get it and make it go like hell and have fun with it. So I am gonna give my wish list to you all and see if you can help me. In the perfect world I would like a 4 stroke with electric start, it would be the best for noise as I want it as quiet as possible. I also need it to be liquid cooled. I think a 125-250 cc would be good. The problem is what I want is expensive and I don't have a ton of cash to throw at this toy. A 2 stroke would be good as well but a bit more of a challenge with the kick start and building a pipe that would work with hi rpms and such. I am looking for something that needs a bit of work to get it running or maybe someone wrecked a bike or whatever. I need all the electronics, cables, pipe, etc. I am in no rush to do this but I have seen some good things happen on this site and I thought a shout out might be fun to see where it leads me. If your bored google "fast mobility scooters" and you will laugh your ass off to see guys doing 50 mph plus on these things. Also any input will be appreciated, thanks for reading this crazy post

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 361

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish you lived closer would love to help build it.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yes I am a little excited, gonna rip it apart right away and see what kind of room I have to work with, I have been searching kijji for an engine but they are a little hard to come by. Good thing I am in no rush.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Thought about it but no room for clutches and gearbox, I want to keep the tires stock if I can so it keeps with the sleeper look.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need some help from you guys, I have recently acquired a mobility scooter from my aunt because I told her I always wanted to build one that would haul ass with a dirt bike engine. We laughed about it and when my uncle passed on a few months later she remembered what I said and told me to come get it and make it go like hell and have fun with it. So I am gonna give my wish list to you all and see if you can help me. In the perfect world I would like a 4 stroke with electric start, it would be the best for noise as I want it as quiet as possible. I also need it to be liquid cooled. I think a 125-250 cc would be good. The problem is what I want is expensive and I don't have a ton of cash to throw at this toy. A 2 stroke would be good as well but a bit more of a challenge with the kick start and building a pipe that would work with hi rpms and such. I am looking for something that needs a bit of work to get it running or maybe someone wrecked a bike or whatever. I need all the electronics, cables, pipe, etc. I am in no rush to do this but I have seen some good things happen on this site and I thought a shout out might be fun to see where it leads me. If your bored google "fast mobility scooters" and you will laugh your ass off to see guys doing 50 mph plus on these things. Also any input will be appreciated, thanks for reading this crazy post

U told me you were drug free..!!!:firefire:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 I think I have found an engine for your project a bit pricey though lol.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id try a scooter motor they have a cvt tranny so it should be do-able? 50cc two stroke or 150 four stroke. Lots of China built ones so the motor should cost a couple hundred maybe?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have been looking at them but they are to big as well. I only have about 3" ground clearance from the axle to the ground and those tranny cases take up all of that. The few that I have seen put the dirt bike engine above the axle with a chain running directly down from the sprocket to a small sprocket on the axle. I also need to find a small disc brake to put on the rear axle as well, I will be building a new rear frame completely but I will still be tight for room. You are right about the cost, they are cheap on ebay but many don't come with all the electronics I need either, thats why I need a complete bike. I have been searching kijiji but no luck yet.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I thought I would dig an old post up, I still am looking for a donor bike, I have looked at a few bikes but have not found the right engine yet, had a line on a rm 80 but i got there and it was not complete and really siezed up with no cylinder and the crankcase was full of mud ha ha. if anyone is spring cleaning and would like to sell a bike off cheap that needs some work let me know, again I am in no rush but it would be cool to get this going for the camping season.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Just a thought, not sure how much you really want to spend, but probably find a complete honda CBR 125 for $1500 or less. Nice little liquid cooled, fuel injected compact 4 stroke motor. Not super peppy but quiet compared to any 2 stroker.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yes I would like that combo and if I want it I will have to dig up some cash but I have quite a few projects on the go which are draining the ol bank account right now, my biggest one is my fox mustang that I am building a 500 plus horsepower engine for! I also am finishing up a mazda B2600 with a mitsubishi diesel and I have to do a top end on the daughters quad so if I am gonna do the scooter right it might be awhile.

Top Bottom