My Favorite Restaurant in Edmonton

Dadbro

Reaction score
I really liked the Red Ox Inn for a nice dinner, for a quick fresh lunch try Oodle Noodle Box on Whyte ave. For all you can eat I like Indian food try Daawat's on Whyte or New asian village. Sweet now I am hungry..

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll point one out outside edmonton as well............

The Hungry Hunter in Onoway has AMAZING food for people who like meat.

Wife and I went there for the first time a few weeks back and it was the best meal I've eaten in a restaurant for as long as I can remember...

I had a 10oz rib-eye with ceaser, slaw garlic toast and 2 beers

Wife had BBQ chicken/rib combo with fries veggies and 2 ginger-ales...was all we could do to eat it all. we were full about 1/2 way thru the meal but it was so good we ended up eating it all.

total bill for 2 meals & 4 drinks was $47

So for any of you that enjoy evening drives I highly suggest the hungry hunter well worth the drive.

Far as edmonton goes... Queen Donair on 156 & stony plain rd and for pizza it's gotta be Chicago Deep dish....

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10-4 ....food any good? Years ago I ate at a place called Bones and man was it good...just off or on Jasper Ave I beleive....gave me a bib when I ordered the ribs....was just a kid and was kinda insulted ....if we didn't use good manners when eating growing up...you mighta got reminded with a quick little smack of a spoon on the head and all I could think of was, " Beotch....you have never even seen me eat yet!" Yep ....awesome place and then gave you piping hot towels to clean up with....one taste of them ribs and I didn't give a sweet sheet about manners....best ribs I ever ate!

Original Joe's on Stony Plain road is up the street from my house, LOVE it. Great food. We walk there all the time in the summer for a bite.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Burger - fat burger
Donair - worlds finest (jasper ave), pizza delight in the fort, or swiss on the north side
Pizza - poppa johns take'n bake

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll point one out outside edmonton as well............

The Hungry Hunter in Onoway has AMAZING food for people who like meat.

Wife and I went there for the first time a few weeks back and it was the best meal I've eaten in a restaurant for as long as I can remember...

I had a 10oz rib-eye with ceaser, slaw garlic toast and 2 beers

Wife had BBQ chicken/rib combo with fries veggies and 2 ginger-ales...was all we could do to eat it all. we were full about 1/2 way thru the meal but it was so good we ended up eating it all.

total bill for 2 meals & 4 drinks was $47

So for any of you that enjoy evening drives I highly suggest the hungry hunter well worth the drive.

Far as edmonton goes... Queen Donair on 156 & stony plain rd and for pizza it's gotta be Chicago Deep dish....

bs. not a chance you ate a steak that was bigger than you. jk. gonna have to try that place. the village kitchen in tomahawk is another awesome place. exc pizza and burgers. everything home made and one of the ownwers is always there to bs with. and if anybody likes pies on here two thumbs up. they have customers that drive from pigeon lake just for pie and ice cream.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Olive Garden....not a real salad fan but I do like their dressing....

For a nice short drive we rode the bikes out to Thorsby....to the Callaway Cafe. Now the cafe is ....okay skip the cafe and go to the bar and order the cafe food there....we went on rib and pasta night.
Plate of ribs, homemade lasagna, Cesar salad and garlic toast….only 13.95

For Sherwood Park....I agree with Viki's

Ride out to Bruce for a great steak and great prices as well, but phone ahead as they need to order the steaks..."it's worth it"

Think we'll have to ride out to Onaway.....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Denny's. for breakfest anyway. havent been there for dinner or supper I dont think. lol

Denny's? If you don't walk in with a hangover, you'll walk out with one! LOL We ate there one night after a studying all-nighter, I have never been so sick without having food poisioning in my life! I am quite sure I got a hangover off their food.... Will never eat there again!

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Denny's? If you don't walk in with a hangover, you'll walk out with one! LOL We ate there one night after a studying all-nighter, I have never been so sick without having food poisioning in my life! I am quite sure I got a hangover off their food.... Will never eat there again!

Really? Holy chit thats terrible. I havent been there in a while. Whenever I was there it was great! Hmmm might have to think twice next time I'm in E-Town.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met anyone who walked into a Dennys sober...

Just sayin

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met anyone who walked into a Dennys sober...

Just sayin

That is a very astute observation.... BUT scout's honor, I was not drinking that night, I had a big presentation the next day. I was literally so ill after eating all that grease. I had a headache, hangover guts, and felt faint. MAYBE it had something to do with the fact that it was the Dennys on 104 ave? Or that it was 4 am, and we had the night-shift cook?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ive only ate at one restraunt here so far and it was the sawmill, pretty good food, but still doesnt beat my moms home cooked wild meat

Top Bottom