My Favorite Restaurant in Edmonton

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Denny's? If you don't walk in with a hangover, you'll walk out with one! LOL We ate there one night after a studying all-nighter, I have never been so sick without having food poisioning in my life! I am quite sure I got a hangover off their food.... Will never eat there again!

X2.... the better half and I were in Kelowna, stayed at the Sandman, had a late snack at Denny's, and breakfast the net morning......that was it!!!! The grease taste was terrible....had a hard time getting rid of it the next day.

Same as the Denny's in Revy.....grease taste that lingers is just plain awful, sickening really and one doesn't have to have been drinking!!!

A good breakfast place with eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, toast and good coffee is getting hard to find.....

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2.... the better half and I were in Kelowna, stayed at the Sandman, had a late snack at Denny's, and breakfast the net morning......that was it!!!! The grease taste was terrible....had a hard time getting rid of it the next day.

Same as the Denny's in Revy.....grease taste that lingers is just plain awful, sickening really and one doesn't have to have been drinking!!!

A good breakfast place with eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, toast and good coffee is getting hard to find.....

I think we need some more mom and pop restaurants.......The chains are all the same....

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Original Joe's on Stony Plain road is up the street from my house, LOVE it. Great food. We walk there all the time in the summer for a bite.

Right on...bare in mind that I'm from Slave Lake....is Joes like right in Stony Plain? I usaually come into Edmonton via Westlock. Straight through and come out at the turn-off west of the big truck stop or one can turn right and head West to Stony Plain....I gotta check this place out now for sure so directions would be great if possible. Thanks LadyDirt....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thang Thang, Vietnamese Noodle House.

Just kiddy corner from the Brick dowtown.
By FAR!!!! the best oriental food I have EVER had!!!. Especially when a Vietnamese friend orders for the table.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I were in Edmonton a few weeks back and decided we wanted Chinese and I remeber seeing one on the left hand side of the road on the main drag through St Albert. I think it was the green leaf or something....that was once and I'll tell you it won't happen EVER again in my lifetime...I got back as far as Chisholm tower and well lets say the bears probrably ate good (or bad) for a bit...worst Chinese I ever ate and should not have ate it....not to knock anyones place of business but if it makes you sick it ain't right!

Is there a good Chinese restaraunt on 137 ?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is that the one thats on the right hand side going up the hill on St Albert Drive going toward Fountian Tire?

Yup....the purple and white looking house, just before you cross the river.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

By FAR!!!! the best oriental food I have EVER had!!!. Especially when a Vietnamese friend orders for the table.

This is the best Viatnamese (oritental) food in Edmonton, Thanh Thanh Noodle House is great, try their soup saute and have a viatnamese coffee for dessert, also their cube beef and lemon chicken are awesome!;)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wife and I were in Edmonton a few weeks back and decided we wanted Chinese and I remeber seeing one on the left hand side of the road on the main drag through St Albert. I think it was the green leaf or something....that was once and I'll tell you it won't happen EVER again in my lifetime...I got back as far as Chisholm tower and well lets say the bears probrably ate good (or bad) for a bit...worst Chinese I ever ate and should not have ate it....not to knock anyones place of business but if it makes you sick it ain't right!

Ming Pearl, might still be on St. Albert Trail, and around 125th ave

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the best Viatnamese (oritental) food in Edmonton, Thanh Thanh Noodle House is great, try their soup saute and have a viatnamese coffee for dessert, also their cube beef and lemon chicken are awesome!;)

Thank You for the Spelling correction. It's been almost 4yrs since I have been there. Since living in Cowtown. And Nothing here compare's to that!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

St. Albert trail and 137th ave there is bejing palace or something, very good buffet.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great restaurant in Edmonton, quite small. however. the food is fabulous!

Boun Thai Restaruant

10815 Jasper Ave NW,
Edmonton,
AB T5J 2B1

Check it out, you will not be dissappointed!;)

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your looking for a great donair in edmonton ,....gotta be HIGH VOLTAGE!!! the guy is alittle like the soup nazi but amazing donairs!
also agree with FAT BURGER
and CAPITAL STEAK & PIZZA in St. Albert spaghetti and meat sauce is awesome.
as for the green stuff....well....don't really comment on that i don't mind it as long as it doesn't get in my mouth..

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favourite Chinese place is actually in Chinatown. Right on 97th. It's called Tiapan Cafe. Bar none, the best Chinese I've ever had... And they deliver until LATE!

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sho gun is awesome!! And they make thee best chi chi's ever..... Not to mention all the excellent food!! A little pricey though....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'll second that motion for Thang Thang, it is good!!

:perfect10:Pearl River on the southside of Edmonton, 99st and 48th ave is good Chinese food and should have reservations for a Saturday night.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Louisiana Purchase, Downtown i effin love it, creole and cajun food

I also really like Zambelli's on the west end for steak and pasta.

Top Bottom