Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice that your up front about any problems
wish someone made a service van to work out of that was affordable

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on what the problem was?

Not yet. The car got to calgary at 12:30pm. They do all their service updates through the phone app so I will just get a text message when they figure it out. Looks like it’s inside the shop...

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a real problem. Tesla chargers lock into the port so people can't come and unplug you. This is important because it means someone can't steal your charge cord. If they did unplug you, you would get a notification from the app saying "charging interrupted at (whatever time it happened)".

Also this is why charging speeds are important. The current superchargers are maxing out at 150kw which is 3 times faster than other 50kw fast chargers. The new superchargers going in along the trans canada highway are v3 with a peak rate of 250kw. 1minute of charging at 250kw is the same as 5minutes of charging at 50kw. The biggest change to driving electric is the charge planning so getting that time as low as possible is very necessary for speeding up adoption.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice that your up front about any problems
wish someone made a service van to work out of that was affordable

I think an electric service van is coming eventually. Rivian is building a bunch of electric delivery trucks for Amazon. Mercedes will have the first electric van but I think it's more suited to hauling the family around.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I think an electric service van is coming eventually. Rivian is building a bunch of electric delivery trucks for Amazon. Mercedes will have the first electric van but I think it's more suited to hauling the family around.

I think an electric pickup for the farm would be great. Lots of idle time on farm trucks, in winter they get used as portable warming huts and might be the light plant when the watering bowl is frozen in the dark. I think it would be great to have one.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They used to use plastic insulation , now many manufacturers use soy , corn and peanut flavored insulation because that it is environmentally friendlier for rodents.

Had one chew a hole in a PCV water line a couple years back. Those lil buggers will chew through anything.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They used to use plastic insulation , now many manufacturers use soy , corn and peanut flavored insulation because that it is environmentally friendlier for rodents.

Yeah, and mice already liked chewing on non-peanut flavoured wires... I’m locking my cats in the garage for a few days.

Ripping apart my dads car right now to see if they have been in it. This is what the front of a model S looks like...

Top Bottom