My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's odd. Never had a issue with mice unless it's sitting for a long time, especially not parked inside.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and mice already liked chewing on non-peanut flavoured wires... I’m locking my cats in the garage for a few days.

Ripping apart my dads car right now to see if they have been in it. This is what the front of a model S looks like...

thanks for the update. Damn mice are destructive little ba$tards.... hopefully Tesla will come out with a tazer option to zap the little critters....

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all the things to take down the Tesla... That's a couple of really expensive bites in wiring..

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the manufacturers are using soy based wiring as well. My buddy had the same thing happen on his wife’s brand new Toyota

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How annoying is that going to be one day when everyone has that, and nobody will just walk to there parking spot at the grocery store any more.

It will be like the super annoying horn/ lock button on steroids haha

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home insurance cover the damages? It has covered other claims like this.

I didn't even try. Damage wasn't that far from the deductible so just paid out of pocket. They always get their money back in the end anyways.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to -20 temps again. I find on short trips with a cold soaked battery I'm using 50% more energy. Typically would use 20% per day but now at 30%. This is one of the reasons I went with a larger battery. The model 3 does not have a battery heater like the model S. It stalls the rotors to create heat that is pumped through the coolant in the battery pack. Once the battery is warm it's much better. You can negate a lot of this by having a heated garage or having it plugged in with scheduled charging. Cost wise these temps can add up to an additional $1.50 per day.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New software update yesterday. Nothing too major but got another 5% power increase, one pedal driving (no need to use brakes to stop), automatic navigation, and scheduled charging.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New software update yesterday. Nothing too major but got another 5% power increase, one pedal driving (no need to use brakes to stop), automatic navigation, and scheduled charging.

What happens if you don't like an update? Can you roll it back?

Top Bottom