My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 2kWh.

Not bad.

I was watching a vid about RV solar and power consumption. That guy figured they were 5 years away from having a fully contained system that could support AC, for off grid use.

Wondering when a tesla style battery system will be considered for RV’s.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody needs to upsize an absorber for RV air conditioning. The current ones are either your RV refrigerator or industrial units cooling a large building. Both are powered by propane or natural gas and use very little electricity.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.08.42 AM.jpg

Lots of construction going on right now for Superchargers in AB/SK/MB. The orange pylons are ones that are currently under construction. The blue dots are locations that have a permit but construction has not yet started. There is some speculation that the ones being built right now could be V3 with 250KW but will have to wait and see on that. If they are V3 that means that charging would be 50% faster than the V2 @ 120KW. There was a software update that conditions your battery prior to arrival as well as a bump to 150KW for existing V2 charging that helped a lot as well.

Last edited:

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 218516

Lots of construction going on right now for Superchargers in AB/SK/MB. The orange pylons are ones that are currently under construction. The blue dots are locations that have a permit but construction has not yet started. There is some speculation that the ones being built right now could be V3 with 250KW but will have to wait and see on that. If they are V3 that means that charging would be 50% faster than the V2 @ 120KW. There was a software update that conditions your battery prior to arrival as well as a bump to 150KW for existing V2 charging that helped a lot as well.

Map doesn’t show GP..

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Map doesn’t show GP..

There is basically nothing going on with high speed charging north of edmonton right now. I know petrocanada is doing fast chargers at gas stations but only ones along the TransCanada. There are still a few chargers around there (via www.plugshare.com which is all EV chargers) but the fastest they would be is 10KW for model 3 and 16KW for Model S/X. Any campground with a nema 14-50r is basically an 8KW EV charging station. These speeds are more suited to charging while you're spending the night, imo. A fast charger at the mid point between GP and edmonton would probably be the most useful one to start with.

The above pic is just a screenshot of the website https://supercharge.info/map .

Last edited:

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fast charger at the mid point between GP and edmonton would probably be the most useful one to start with.

The above pic is just a screenshot of the website https://supercharge.info/map .

Last time I drive through Valleyview I noticed an EV charging station at the Esso. I agree with needing one at the mid point, Whitecourt or Fox Creek would be best.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11.97/ 113 mph Tesla car couple weeks ago at Castrol. Just some dude off the street.

The new performance model S runs 10.9 stock. That one might have been a model 3 performance. 11.9 seconds for a $75k sedan is pretty respectable.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rolled over 30,000km recently. Total energy usage about 5 MWh (5000kWh).

Top Bottom