My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and no one on here wanted it. must have been too clean.

sorry Johnny not trying to derail the thread.
if the tesla will go 1million miles that would be
really impressive. we had a desiel work Truck with over
750,000km. 3/4 ton

if your cars are finished at 180,000 km you must not be taking care of it at all.
Have a look at kijiji or autotrader for vehicles over 250 k - you c2ant give them away. Once it rolls 100 k values drop. Guess you must buy magic machines that never wear out! Every part typically has a service interval then add in road salt, gravel, potholes and lets see how wonderful your oem vehicle is after 250k.

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2004 chevy lly duramax just rolled 441000km and still going strong original motor tranny etc. no plans on retiring it for a long time. No way i'm shelling a 100k for a new one thats for sure.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at kijiji or autotrader for vehicles over 250 k - you c2ant give them away. Once it rolls 100 k values drop. Guess you must buy magic machines that never wear out! Every part typically has a service interval then add in road salt, gravel, potholes and lets see how wonderful your oem vehicle is after 250k.

Quit buying fiat products.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

who said high milage vehicles were worth a lot? they should be paid off by then so who cares. fix stuff when it breaks and keep driving it.

or buy a new one if you want. I don't really gaf....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2004 chevy lly duramax just rolled 441000km and still going strong original motor tranny etc. no plans on retiring it for a long time. No way i'm shelling a 100k for a new one thats for sure.

we have an 08 in our fleet with over 400,000km.
(also have a brand new one) can do a lot of repairs for 100,000$

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have an 08 in our fleet with over 400,000km.
(also have a brand new one) can do a lot of repairs for 100,000$
We have a couple junk old Powerstroke bucket trucks in our fleet with over 50k in repairs each in their lifetime. Still cheaper than buying new F550s and moving the bodies over, or buying whole new bucket trucks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a couple junk old Powerstroke bucket trucks in our fleet with over 50k in repairs each in their lifetime. Still cheaper than buying new F550s and moving the bodies over, or buying whole new bucket trucks.

I hate ford lol but ye's that is why we keep those old junkers too. cheaper to operate than getting a brand new truck.

I'm like everyone else, I like driving new stuff.
my personal ride is new, but we drive our work trucks until the wheels fall off, then pay to get them put back on...

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate ford lol but ye's that is why we keep those old junkers too. cheaper to operate than getting a brand new truck.

I'm like everyone else, I like driving new stuff.
my personal ride is new, but we drive our work trucks until the wheels fall off, then pay to get them put back on...
Pretty much same here. As a company we get new trucks once the wheels won't go back on anymore. Personally I get new trucks probably more than i should.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with most proponents of these “green” initiatives is that they believe that the emissions clock starts the day they turn the key on their car, the wind turbine starts turning or the sun rises for the first time on their solar panels. What occurred before then is conveniently ignored or dismissed.
When everything is taken into account, from the sourcing of raw materials, to construction, installation, maintenance, decommissioning and recycling, these green initiatives are marginally better, if at all, to the current alternatives. There’s no free lunch. Everything in modern society has energy and environmental costs.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since this thread has been high jacked so bad can we get back to the OP. I would actually like to hear about the numbers on the Tesla and other Ev's

Ditto that. It was interesting to read the reviews, and hopefully we can look forward to more.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with most proponents of these “green” initiatives is that they believe that the emissions clock starts the day they turn the key on their car, the wind turbine starts turning or the sun rises for the first time on their solar panels. What occurred before then is conveniently ignored or dismissed.
When everything is taken into account, from the sourcing of raw materials, to construction, installation, maintenance, decommissioning and recycling, these green initiatives are marginally better, if at all, to the current alternatives. There’s no free lunch. Everything in modern society has energy and environmental costs.

Test drive a model 3 performance and get back to me.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was the warmest temperatures I’ve seen yet since I’ve taken delivery. 31 degrees Celsius into a headwind at 120km/h and managed to stay at rated energy consumption (150wh/km).

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a good read on how electric cars don't save any emissions at all, just from there pipe, but the hole skeem of things sure changes things
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...uqokU498VCIlNx53I5WNXPYTbs9RUjcHbYFJXrnD70hbo

Why does everyone assume that all EV purchasers are doing it to save the environment? Maybe they just want a luxury class vehicle with exhilarating acceleration and inexpensive fuel costs?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume that all EV purchasers are doing it to save the environment? Maybe they just want a luxury class vehicle with exhilarating acceleration and inexpensive fuel costs?
Oh I agree, I just seen that this am on crack book and thought of this thread right meow

Top Bottom