My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. I consider myself very lucky again. I can already stand on my own and get around here well. I cruse all over the 4th floor all day. This week I’ll be allowed to cruise all over, I’ll wear the wheels of this walker. I’m not as tired and my stamina is much better. Taking more risks now and feeling better. Need to work on my swallow as well. If ifs not changing mid week I’ll be going for some manipulation surgery therepy where they push the esophagus muscles with forceps to attempt to wake them up more. I’m all for anything. Already have a hole in my stomach with a feeding tube that was easier than going to the dentist.
starting to think you're part Cat........ 9 lives.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dec 11- 2023 -
What some rigours therapy, She has me going around the 2nd floor without my walker walking around 2 times. Then walking fast minor assistance then the stairs 2 sections. Both ways both sides. Then walking backwards then through pylons I broke a sweat. Was a good workout I tell you.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went up and visited Ron with Brian , was a good visit, Ron looks better than I expected. Looking good, lots of energy and motivated to get the Fawk out of there lol , certainly can’t blame him . Good seeing ya budd!

Attachments

• IMG_4910.jpeg
    IMG_4910.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 170

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Went up and visited Ron with Brian , was a good visit, Ron looks better than I expected. Looking good, lots of energy and motivated to get the Fawk out of there lol , certainly can’t blame him . Good seeing ya budd!
Great seeing you both last night, hopefully next time weee getting ready to head to the mountains. Won’t be long and there booting me out of here. Working hard.

Was having blood pressure issues due to dehydration as I typically dleibk 8-10 500 ml bottles of water per day. They were only giving me 350 ml x 3 times per day, my mouth and eyes were dry. And after ny intense rehabilitation from 9-11 I was dizzy then found out my blood pressure was very low. Started to increase once they pumped me full of water. This morning I demanded that they give me twice as much water with my tube feed. We will see how this morning goes.
Alsp I have to patch up my good eye for approximately 4 hrs a day - 2 hrs x 2 to get my left eye some more correction, it’s a bit lazy. 20-25 vision however the left is a bit lazy and then my eyes are sore by 8:30 am. Swallowing is improving hopefully next week after this intense therapy from mustles in the throat to lung exercised I’ll be able to eat more solid foods. Already able to swallow mash potatoes and gravvy snd oatmeal. Walking is progressing as well as going up and down stairs. Lets see what the next few days brings.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the right mindset. The brain is a powerful thing. Telling yourself that you will for sure get back to 100% is the one thing that will guarantee you recover.

Some pretty inspiring stories out there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep working the problem Ron. Sounds like your mindset is where it needs to be and the goals will follow.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Stopped both therapys today due to very low blood pressure. I typically drink 8 500 ml water a day and have been taking melaleuca peak performance vitamins for 6 years now suddenly stopped I believe this has effects on my system. Some stuff like ginseng may react with blood thinners so can’t have those. Ordered other ones from there today. Also this tube feed is awefull and I don’t think enough for me.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Today I had intense swallow therapy. They had me starting on mashed potatoes and mashed turkey without gravy, Then mashed beef. 5 ml and 10 ml spoonfuls. Then ate an entire vanilla pudding.
So I did extremely well at that I now get bonus. I get pudding at breakfast, lunch and supper. Tomorrow it gets more intense as I hit level 3. So I get to eat sandwiches chicken salad without any liquid. Something I havnt been able to do for 2 years. Well bring it on.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How is it going Ron.

My Dad says hi.
Good Ray. Pretty lame Saturday as you basically sit here and stair at ceiling all day. Waiting for tonight’s Oilers game. Watched muskoka’s recent video, sick snow. Must be some takes from last year. Got to shower this morning now time to go for a few walks. Self therapy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
List 16 lbs so far on this cell. Had a nice shower then had a pediatrist come by a had a free good toe nail clipping. that was a bonus I wasn’t expecting at all. Not that they were bad. They do this for paitence here. Having my afternoon treat, today jello strawberry cheesecake pudding. I get 3 different pudding a day. yippoe

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
List 16 lbs so far on this cell. Had a nice shower then had a pediatrist come by a had a free good toe nail clipping. that was a bonus I wasn’t expecting at all. Not that they were bad. They do this for paitence here. Having my afternoon treat, today jello strawberry cheesecake pudding. I get 3 different pudding a day. yippoe
Is pudding the new name for girl???

Top Bottom