Hey anyone have any idea my sled has a little miss once in awile when
i do a hill pull and its not all the time just once in awile , I have changed
plugs out a few times and they looked ok so i dont think that is the problem
any idea's. its a 09 800 xp
THANKS

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try putting dielectric in the plug caps, also disconnect the computer and put some dielectric grease on the plug connection, if that doesn't work try putting new plug wires on it. Mine did that to me once and it didn't do it since I put the dielectric grease on.

mel.h

Reaction score
Try putting dielectric in the plug caps, also disconnect the computer and put some dielectric grease on the plug connection, if that doesn't work try putting new plug wires on it. Mine did that to me once and it didn't do it since I put the dielectric grease on.

If that does not solve it, look at your DESS key, is it clean, is the DESS Plug on the sled clean. If no luck & still end up with no results you may have to take the DPM in to get checked & / or get a new DESS Key. Good Luck!!

Mister Bee

Reaction score
My 09 XP did something similar to me last year except it started acting up on me on the trail. It sounded like it was running out of gas so I dumped my spare gas in and still no change. Got to the truck, changed plugs and same thing, checked DPM solenoid and it was working so I was stumped. Next day sled wouldn't start at all ??? Cut trip short and came home then I noticed a broken wire. It must have been just sitting in the connector and would still get weak spark to keep it running but when I slid the airbox out I must have bumped it and disconnected it completely and didn't see it until I got home. It is the white wire in the pics. Put on new connector and been fine since. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• wire.JPG
    wire.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 222
  • wire2.JPG
    wire2.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 222
Reaction score
Previous posts are definitely great to do.
If you go out afterwards and still finding that its doing it then check your rpm
to makes sure your not hitting the rev limiter, if not than a good crab service may be good idea to ensure somethings not partially blocked causing a top end lean on one side

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the plugs are resistor type as well as the dielectric grease: any leakage will screw with the "brain". The proper DPM solenoid suggestion is a good one: some of them would stick. Also look closely for poorly connected or kinked DPM rail lines, etc.

kingair150

Reaction score
We just ran into a problem that was very close to yours. The biggest thing to check is the DPM tube tests per the Service manual. Remove all the hoses from your DPM tube and remove it from the sled. Attach a vacuum gauge to one of the large tubes on the bottom of the unit that connects to the venturis of the carbs. Plug the other side. Pump vacuum system up to 5psi and verify that it holds for 10 sec minimum. If it does not, your silinoid is not seating properly with no power attached. We use a brake bleeder system with a gauge on it for the test and works great. Hope this helps alittle more.

Top Bottom