Must Read

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking through another site when I came upon this it looks like more legislation on off roaders

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give this a read folks....closures are a-coming. I filled out the on-line survey. Read the questions and responses VERY carefully. These legislations are setting up to allow officers the right to decide on the spot whether or not "excessive disturbance" is occurring. You can be damn sure that the horse-trailer crowd won't get the same scrutiny as the ATV crowd. I do agree with the "leave it as you found it" legislation....this would sure give the officers the right to charge and run off the dirty campers who leave crap behind.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these are the very reason why its important to support your local clubs. what ever it maybe. snowmobile, quading or dirt biking clubs. these are the ppl that help fight this kind of stuff. theres strength in numbers and we must show are voice or they'll just keep taking more and more from us.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OH OH it has begun. Well time for all user it get involved and do the survey. Answer the question carefully. I see a set up from the government. Contact your MLA also and let him/her know your feelings. Just a start more will be coming

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
survey done this is bs and everone should be doing there best to put a stop to this

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
filled it out! blatantly obvious they are targeting OHV users!!!!!!! i have no problem with the take out what you take in stuff! also, bigger fines for people who leave GARBAGE and JUNK out there, BUUUUUUUUUUT the choices in the survey were not clearly defined or limited to just that unfortunately

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
The questions are real vague like Dave said.... read carefully.... they tell a little story to set you up for the answer you want.

I do agree with the "leave it as you found it" legislation....this would sure give the officers the right to charge and run off the dirty campers who leave crap behind.

This one I thought was set up also "Leave it the way you found it" sure if it is refering to dirty campers who leave garbage and dump the sewage tanks sure charge them I 100% agree with that......but what about the guy who gets stuck in a mud digs it deeper a pulls over a tree winching out....the guy who cuts some trees to build a bridge.....the guy who builds a chicken trail around the mud.....It covers everything in the "leave it the way you found it"....read carefully and think before you answer

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The questions are real vague like Dave said.... read carefully.... they tell a little story to set you up for the answer you want.

This one I thought was set up also "Leave it the way you found it" sure if it is refering to dirty campers who leave garbage and dump the sewage tanks sure charge them I 100% agree with that......but what about the guy who gets stuck in a mud digs it deeper a pulls over a tree winching out....the guy who cuts some trees to build a bridge.....the guy who builds a chicken trail around the mud.....It covers everything in the "leave it the way you found it"....read carefully and think before you answer
exactly!!!!!!!!!! the examples they give are pretty vague, and seem to make some sense, but the questions are very open to interpretation, and they seem to want to really slam the OHV community

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also did not like the way they lumped the all users under one umbrella industry should have there own set of rules and after the cut block I went through on the weekend they have a bigger mess to deal with other than ohv users

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the question about temporary closures and a possible $2000 fine got my attention as wel,l the first reason for closure was flood or avalanche risk what would that mean for winter back country users?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SRD is run by Mel Knight now, the idiots rule the roost. What is needed is simple easy to enforce regulations not a whole book full of vague, hard to enforce regulations. The SRD needs more frontline troops to enfoce exisiting regs not more scientists dreaming up new ones. They have their budget aimed in the wrong directions.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to disagree with some of the questions asked for fear of my agreeing being misinterpreted.The questions asked are very broadly based and open to biased interepretation. My comments at the end of the survey reflect my opinions and I encourage everyone to express their feelings in that section also.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The SRD is run by Mel Knight now, the idiots rule the roost. What is needed is simple easy to enforce regulations not a whole book full of vague, hard to enforce regulations. The SRD needs more frontline troops to enfoce exisiting regs not more scientists dreaming up new ones. They have their budget aimed in the wrong directions.

It's a govenment entity.... would you expect any different?????????

If you want an idea of who the government is influenced by take a few minutes to read the comment sections on any current events news article.

The problem with society is US.... You and I.... we jump to arms when someone threatens one of our passtimes, rights or priviledges however when not directly threatened we spend our time enjoying said passtimes, rights and priviledges..... instead we should be online bitching about the sorry state of affairs our country is in and verbally bashing anyone who dissagrees with our perspectives..... seems to work for the wanna-be tree huggin shut-in downtown condo living crowd.....

I'm one of the worst.... I come onto here and shoot off my mouth, banter and joke around and often poke fun at some serious issues...

I dread the closures, curse the justice system, am baffled by how easily we allow our rights and freedoms to be stripped out from under us, loath our government at all levels, enjoy free healthcare yet bitch when it is too slow.

All that said I'm at a loss as to what to do..... many of my past postings have totally eliminated any possibility of ever entering politics... they'd dig up more dirt on me than I care to imagine. I complain yet I do not belong to either an ATV or Sled club or organization....

People try to organize fundraisers.... how many have signed up to the golf tournoument?????? the candles, the drives....ect..ect..ect...

Money will not solve these issues.... people need to step up and take on vocal leadership roles, challange current systems and demand support for changes in people and policy within all levels of government.... I'd love to think that I could be that type of person... but I could not, I'm to busy fuggin up my own childrens morals and opinions..... but until someone does we all might as well go post a comment or 2 in the hypocrite thread...

Just sayin...

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a govenment entity.... would you expect any different?????????

If you want an idea of who the government is influenced by take a few minutes to read the comment sections on any current events news article.

The problem with society is US.... You and I.... we jump to arms when someone threatens one of our passtimes, rights or priviledges however when not directly threatened we spend our time enjoying said passtimes, rights and priviledges..... instead we should be online bitching about the sorry state of affairs our country is in and verbally bashing anyone who dissagrees with our perspectives..... seems to work for the wanna-be tree huggin shut-in downtown condo living crowd.....

I'm one of the worst.... I come onto here and shoot off my mouth, banter and joke around and often poke fun at some serious issues...

I dread the closures, curse the justice system, am baffled by how easily we allow our rights and freedoms to be stripped out from under us, loath our government at all levels, enjoy free healthcare yet bitch when it is too slow.

All that said I'm at a loss as to what to do..... many of my past postings have totally eliminated any possibility of ever entering politics... they'd dig up more dirt on me than I care to imagine. I complain yet I do not belong to either an ATV or Sled club or organization....

People try to organize fundraisers.... how many have signed up to the golf tournoument?????? the candles, the drives....ect..ect..ect...

Money will not solve these issues.... people need to step up and take on vocal leadership roles, challange current systems and demand support for changes in people and policy within all levels of government.... I'd love to think that I could be that type of person... but I could not, I'm to busy fuggin up my own childrens morals and opinions..... but until someone does we all might as well go post a comment or 2 in the hypocrite thread...

Just sayin...
You know, I agree with you. One thing I see a lot of on this site is that often repeated phrase "it is a privilege to ride, not a right". I absolutely HATE that phrase and totally think some people say it just to hear themselves talk. What a load of CRAP!! Do we not have any rights in this country? Are all the things we can do "privileges"? We pay taxes in this Province and Country. We have the right to use the backcountry, and when I hear peeps on this site spew that "privilege" crap, I think they should grow some balls. All they're doing is giving ammunition to those that want to regulate everyone else. Who the hell decides what "privileges" we as adult hard working taxpayers get? Some slimey politician, or some self-interest group that has no tolerance for others' way of life or activities, or no knowledge of same? The people are supposed to have rights in a free country such as a democracy, not "privileges." I agree with you about politics, but because of our slimey media in this country, you don't dare run for office and challenge the status quo, or those opposed to your views and the slimey media will investigate your every move, lifestyle, your family, friends and if you are not the "squeaky clean" stereotypical perfect person, the entire country will hear about it. Ralph Klein was an exception to the rule, but the ONLY one I can think about. Yeah right, it's a privilege to "quad" in the bush. As far as I'm concerned, it's a right.:rant:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
We'll have to pay close attention to this kind of stuff ........... make sure you fill out the survey!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I did the questionare last night, and voiced my opinion alot.

After dealing with Don L on the Snowandmud rally, and doing this questionare I realized he probably wrote it. Its all about quadders and not really directed towards anyone else. My dealings with SRD and the rig a ra moll they put me through to go ahead with our ride is my first time having to jump through all the hoops they had me go through to make that ride happen. They kept putting up road blocks then for some reason I got them everything they wanted and then they came up with more rules and issues, so I came up with another solution. They did this to me for 2 weeks straight and on the last day I got my TFA, (A permit to hold a event). I have never heard back from Don after that. BUT, now that Im getting more time I will be addressing this with a letter to several parties.

1. Mel Knight
2. Don L
3. Wayne C
4. Rocky mountain mayor, chamber of commerce
5. AOHV
6. Chris B - Alberta Snowmobile Association

I will also post the letter public on here and outlaw atv clubs site.

All the questions really say other things and keep going back to OHV riding. Its more about that cause we don't pay the big taxes like the oil company's

WE NEED ALL MEMBERS TO FILL OUT SHEET.

R

Top Bottom