Muff Pot Mounting

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Does one have to mount the muff pot before the can? This requires cutting the insulation on the pipe to mount. I notice some aftermarket cans have muff pots built in. Would I not be able to mount the muff pot on the can and still get hot enough. Looking to put on a 14 Pro.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a muff pot on my '14 xp and put it directly on the insulated pipe. using heavy duty tin foil i built up the surface contact below it and used hi temp aluminum tape to keep it clean. Once my wife lets me spring for a can (im still running the factory suitcase) I will probably go for 'The Thing' cooker can from the sled shed in revy, it has the pot built right in. Have a rider in our group that has it and it works very well. If I did have a can on mine i would have installed it directly on the inlet pipe on the can. If your always going to use a oven safe cooking bag i wouldnt be worried about the orientation you mount it in. if you want to cook some meat without the bags than i would try to mount it as level as possible to prevent the grease from running out into the bulhead.

08dmax

Reaction score
No need to cut anything. Just put it on the pipe almost touching the springs that hole the can on.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how long do you guys find it takes to heat stuff up? used mine for the first time a couple weeks ago and it seemed like I could never get anything more than lukewarm? then again there was a lot of stopping and starting due to being stuck or someone else being stuck.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted my right before the can and it takes about 1-2 hours to get to perfection. Just depends how much to the bar you are doing and how many stucks. Nice thing is its hard to burn, my m series was right after the y pipe and you could get a burrito pretty brown and crunchy in 45 or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 298

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted my right before the can and it takes about 1-2 hours to get to perfection. Just depends how much to the bar you are doing and how many stucks. Nice thing is its hard to burn, my m series was right after the y pipe and you could get a burrito pretty brown and crunchy in 45 or so.

I guess I thought it would get hotter than it does. I figured around 15-20 minutes on the can not an hour plus. Now i know for next time to just put my lunch in earlier.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.... I do get stuck a lot... So maybe that's my problem.... But yeah I actually put my breakfast sandwich in at the parking lot and it's usually ready for the 10:30 ish cabin break.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.... I do get stuck a lot... So maybe that's my problem.... But yeah I actually put my breakfast sandwich in at the parking lot and it's usually ready for the 10:30 ish cabin break.

haha believe me your not the only one stuck a lot. . . and it probably didnt help that it was -30 when I was trying so as soon as it came out of the pot it cooled off anyways lol

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both the wife's and my pots right on the y pipe with the latch on it facing the can. I access our pots threw the right (mag) side pannel. Cook time is awesome Being so close to the ports, and anyone can figure out the technique with a little time. I can post pix if needed. We both ate hot lunch off the y pipe today... And absoulutly no complaints.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy some heat shield not the tape the heat shield is about 1/16 thick, i put it on the top and around the sides and it heats up faster, i also try to pull a hill 2-3 times before lunch and it gets hot put in on the bare pipe just before the canister

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both the wife's and my pots right on the y pipe with the latch on it facing the can. I access our pots threw the right (mag) side pannel. Cook time is awesome Being so close to the ports, and anyone can figure out the technique with a little time. I can post pix if needed. We both ate hot lunch off the y pipe today... And absoulutly no complaints.

post a pic of where you have yours , i think tossing a little snow on the pipe will cool it off if anyone is worried about it being to hot.

palerider57

Reaction score
I have a SledShed can on my 2013 Pro with built in cooker. Takes 20 min tops to cook anything from frozen. Any longer and its burnt. I have a regular muff pot on my 2015 Pro mounted above the HPS can on the bend like in the pictures above. Takes 2 to 3 hours to cook from frozen.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put mine on the pipe, just before the springs, where it meets the can. Seems to be the best place on the Pro. I've done the Aluminium foil trick, and used that to increase the surface area touching the pipe. It took a lot of foil to get pieces solid enough to transfer decent heat. Though, I still find it take a couple hours to warm stuff up (especially from frozen), though I'm usually stuck, or helping someone else get unstuck as well.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine on the clutch side right on the pipe directly across from the sensor, cooks really good in 45minutes max. i will get pictures later on.

Top Bottom