Muff pot/hot dog cooker ideas?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not mount it like that on the Xm. The plastics come down lower and the coolant bottle is in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using

The cooker stays a half inch away from the coolant jug and I put reflective foil tape on coolant jug. You can get up to 1" away from the coolant jug if you want. Just need to cut new slot for the hose clamp.
Wife gonna send some pics tonight to me and I will post.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK
Here are some pics, I can take more of the hose clamp when I get home but just cut some slots where it fits best for you. By adjusting the twist in the bracket and slot location you could easily keep cooker 1" away from coolant bottle, I put the reflective tape on just to make me feel better. No need for bags and no leaks.
Can't do it......pfft.

Attachments

• WP_20140106_023.jpg
    WP_20140106_023.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 780
  • WP_20140106_019.jpg
    WP_20140106_019.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 771
  • WP_20140106_012.jpg
    WP_20140106_012.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 765
  • WP_20140106_009.jpg
    WP_20140106_009.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 784
  • WP_20140106_007.jpg
    WP_20140106_007.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 780
  • WP_20140106_004.jpg
    WP_20140106_004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 763
  • WP_20140106_004.jpg
    WP_20140106_004.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snochuck does that even work? I was thinking of going that route but thought it would get Luke warm at best.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure can, put mine on like that. Just have to tilt it a little sideways. leaves about half an inch of clearance from coolant bottle.
You can not mount it like that on the Xm. The plastics come down lower and the coolant bottle is in the way.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snochuck does that even work? I was thinking of going that route but thought it would get Luke warm at best.

So far no issues and it was really hot in the deep powder last weekend. Actually melted tin foil that the peperoni was in and burned the bottom peperomis. Having to much fun and did not check often enough. I put reflective tape on the coolant bottle, when the sled is running and producing heat there is also coolant flowing through the jug. If you have one inch clearance it should be fine with the tape on the coolant jug. You can get more than 1" clearance but the pot would not be on the pipe much and you would probably have to rotate the pot every 10 min to cook evenly on both ends.
The system is only two days old and R&D is still in progress. LOL

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of re-locating the coolant bottle over slightly to just make it work. My XP had the cooker on where the pipe met the can and it worked well.

Up until now, I pull out the belt guard, and slip the foiled food between the pipe and the s-mod.. it gets hot there.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was cooking perogies in tin foil while sledding at the farm on the weekend. Need to rotate the pot after 15 minutes so that it heats evenly on both ends sooooo it works but you have to rotate the pot once when cooking. I expect that this will be the norm as the pot is only half on the pipe.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a hot dogger, gonna try slip it in behind the clutch cover. Gotta remove the cover first though- BUT you could weld in spacers to keep it from heating. It just snaps into place instead of messing around with frilly closure systems.

Another thought- the R&M hood vent and some 1/4" turn polaris bits. Could almost have enough access through the hood when you cut out the plastics to install the vent.

And the expensive thought- a headlight delete hood- cut yourself a hatch and a cover right in the middle. OR maybe use an XP style front hood on top of the existing hood.
Used to be on a cat- garage life was a lot more simple. But I miss the muff pot so much.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burandt's Backcountry Adventures has Hot Doggers on all their sleds, so obviously that is THE only way to go ;) Hubby brought two home and mounted them clutch side on the pipe and they work AMAZING! We could never get the muff pots mounted in a place where they got hot enough and they rattled around a fair bit. So, after two bouts of food poisoning from driving around all day with lukewarm meat... we gave up on having hot food. It sure is nice to be back in the hot lunch business !! Leftover lasagne and ribs really hits the spot on a day like this ;)
u9ubu3yn.jpg

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should start a sucker thread called- "I want a muffpot built into my can, who makes one, where do I get one" and all you people (telling us that stated we don't want 'the thing can' on our sleds) could post your comments that we should get 'the thing can' there and this thread would be 2 pages shorter.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also order a vent panel from ToolCoolAirVents that replaces the left side of the Polaris hood and allows quick access to the cooker so it can be mounted on the pipe...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burandt's Backcountry Adventures has Hot Doggers on all their sleds, so obviously that is THE only way to go ;) Hubby brought two home and mounted them clutch side on the pipe and they work AMAZING! We could never get the muff pots mounted in a place where they got hot enough and they rattled around a fair bit. So, after two bouts of food poisoning from driving around all day with lukewarm meat... we gave up on having hot food. It sure is nice to be back in the hot lunch business !! Leftover lasagne and ribs really hits the spot on a day like this ;)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/23/u9ubu3yn.jpg

Never thought about food poisoning before!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY I had the thing for my last 2 sleds.. AWESOME! This one looks like some 5 year old made it. Scabby to say the least.\\
\
I'm waiting for neil to make a comeback and I will buy from him.

Someone should start a sucker thread called- "I want a muffpot built into my can, who makes one, where do I get one" and all you people (telling us that stated we don't want 'the thing can' on our sleds) could post your comments that we should get 'the thing can' there and this thread would be 2 pages shorter.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have used Muff-pots, hotdoggers, TheThing, you name it, for the last 8 years and have never had food poisoning. Always use homemade meals and hardly any commercially prepared food. If you are mounting on the muffler itself, the clamshell and the insulation have to be cut out and it has to be close to the Y-pipe. I have never tried on the pipe just above the can nor on the side of the can. I won't cook in plastic as I just don't think it is that good for the body.

With the new Doo's, one can't easily take off the hood, taking out the CVT cover and reaching into the pipe didn't seem convenient. The only recourse was TheThing. If a dude is going to have a can and likes hot meals, to me it was a no brainer. But that is just me; to each their own.

Available for Doo's and Poo's...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juyiuIfDTuk

and a few special recipes........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU

Last edited:

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler. I just mounted mine off the side of the can, it doesn't cook quite as fast there so I just put it on first thing and by lunch it's good to go. Also if I'm putting something in that has a chance of leaking I put a thin strip of weatherstripping around the lid to seal it
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/a2a7abah.jpg

Yep totally. 4 of us same set up. But a breakfast sandwich in at the trailer. It's toasted and taste like a dream come first stuck. Then place sandwich of various types. Cheese bun, turkey breast, ham, roast beef and cheese is rather delicious or left over burger. We cook food all day long. Lol. Eat better on the sleds trips than at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom