Muff pot/hot dog cooker ideas?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing for a muff pot or hot dog cooker? Wanting to mount one up but can see and logical way of doing it besides strapping is side way to the muffler.

Not looking to buy a thing cooker as I already have a can on.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah it would be nice it someone made a vertical mount style that could be mounted on a standard can and load from the top. I would think there is enough Xm sleds out there that there would be a market for one.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just strapped my muff pot to the top pipe of my aftermarket can. Just past where it joins to the exhaust can. It's almost flat. I made a block out of tightly folded aluminum foil to go between the pipe and the base plate to help transfer heat and it works great.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, have to agree with Tex. The "thing" is the way to go, and holy crap does it cook fast.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup sell your old can and buy a Sled Shed can…sound great and cooks very well too!!Sure am happy with mine!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is too loud.... After coming off a mod sled with twin pipes I am enjoying having a sound emissions legal muffler.

just strapped it to the side for now.... See how well that will work.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing is too loud.... After coming off a mod sled with twin pipes i am enjoying having a sound emissions legal muffler.

Just strapped it to the side for now.... See how well that will work.

its quiter than my tss can on my 10 , and the others i have heard on xm's [ mbrp ect ]

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from the thing to the stock suitecase .. thing was too loud for me

now I just slap my sandwich on the clutch cover (where the doo goggle holder would go) and throw a short bungee cord to hold it on.. drilled 2 small holes for the bungee

another thing I'm gonna do (once i buy a regular muff pot) is to take the heat shield off the suitecase can .. rivet the muffpot base to it and have my muffpot on the side of the suitecase .. no more wet foods, but it'll still cook hot dogs and melt the cheese on my sammys

even the clutch cover provides enough heat to melt the cheese and crisp my buns.. anything is better than a frozen sandwich

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be very interesting trying to adapt the thing to any other sled if ya sell or trade, think i'll stick to the muff pot, way more practacal, looks way better, and cheaper to boot, why try to reinvent the friggin wheel.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler. I just mounted mine off the side of the can, it doesn't cook quite as fast there so I just put it on first thing and by lunch it's good to go. Also if I'm putting something in that has a chance of leaking I put a thin strip of weatherstripping around the lid to seal it
a2a7abah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler. I just mounted mine off the side of the can, it doesn't cook quite as fast there so I just put it on first thing and by lunch it's good to go. Also if I'm putting something in that has a chance of leaking I put a thin strip of weatherstripping around the lid to seal it
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/07/a2a7abah.jpg

U can buy the bags from thread killer on here

Keeps from leaking out and fits the cookers

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Subscribed... Just installed a Thing Cooker can and looking for Ideas. Gonna pick up some foil trays and start making some prepared snacks... ;-)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use the bags for chicken or i even seen burger bags. get em at stupid store or other grocery stores. turkey bags work but they are large.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how I did mine on a 2011 Summit X with aftermarket muffler.
It is slow to cook but I'm sure putting some tin foil over the top on the outside would insulate it and it would cook faster.
Notice the Baileys tin can beside it - that works to keep gloves or whatever warm.
I also wanted another warm place and so put a metal guard (U-shaped) with some aluminum plate in over the exhaust pipe - haven't tried using for anything yet but when you stop you can put your hand in there and it is warm/hot to the touch but not so hot it would melt anything.
photo 1.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mounted my cooker exactly like you did only I added a brace made out of 6mm X 25mm aluinum flat barabout 10" long. Bent the aluminum bar in an "S" shape and used two stainless steel pop rivets to hold aluminum brace to the triangular brace on the top of the can that is welded to the pipe and the can. Used two aluminum rivets to tie S brace to the end vertical tab on the cooker tray. A littl filing and coping will make it fit tight over the can brace welds. All rivets were 3/16.
You also have to give the aluminum brace a slight spiral twist from top to bottom to align with cooker properly. Holds cooker flat and super solid, used it last weekend and there is lots of room to unclasp and pull out the SS Pot with the hot goodies in it.
Back at work for two weeks, will see if wifey will take a pic and send it to me to post

Last edited:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not mount it like that on the Xm. The plastics come down lower and the coolant bottle is in the way.

Top Bottom