MTX front suspension

FSR

Reaction score
I have an 08 Stock MTX and have a dud shock. Instead of putting another stock gas jobby should I be looking at Fox Float 2's? Or whats the best option.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fox Float 2's would probebly be a good choice. Ohlins also makes a good chock, but the price is probebly more than the Fox.

W

woodies

WELL NOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET A BUNCH OF REPLIES TO THIS SOON.MINE ARE FLOATS WITH 75 lbs AND NO SWAY BAR AND I LOVE IT SMOOTH AS GLASS RIDE.THE NEXT MIGHT SAY DIFF.I ALSO DID THE 2MM MOD ON THE TOP BALL JOINT AND WAS VERY NICE ON THE TRAILS.I ORDERED THE GEN 2 SIMMONS AS I'M NOT BIG ON BEING SPRAYED WITH SNOW OFF THE SKIS.AND THE EXTRA FLOATATION WOULD BE NICE THRU THE BOTTOMS WHEN THE HEAVY PIG WANTS TO TORPEPO!YES THEY ARE HEAVY IN THE FRONT FOR YOU BASHERS!!!!!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fox Floats are marginal, they have great marketing. I have them on my Yamaha sleds. I found them to be unpredictable..... If that makes sense. I also ran mine around 75 lbs. I would pull and hit the gas they would collapse. Next time they would not move... I spent many a trip pumping them up and bleeding them off. There is two seals in them that you have to break the stick factor in them before the shock cylinder moves. The higher the pressure the harder to make the shock function. Also the pressure increases as the shock compresses, this giving you very little volume. I offer a res kit that increases the volume of air for the shocks.....wow, what a difference. The reservoirs make these shocks then perform amazing.
Sorry getting sidetracked.... anyway, Ohlin's have great shocks, one of the best in my opinion, next would be Zboys, and then Fox Evo's.
Keep in mind that air is not as consistent as the oil and gas shocks on the market, and also how and what do you ride. If you like the bumps, I would suggest Zboys... wicked shocks and great peeps.
J.M.O.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fox Floats are marginal, they have great marketing. I have them on my Yamaha sleds. I found them to be unpredictable..... If that makes sense. I also ran mine around 75 lbs. I would pull and hit the gas they would collapse. Next time they would not move... I spent many a trip pumping them up and bleeding them off. There is two seals in them that you have to break the stick factor in them before the shock cylinder moves. The higher the pressure the harder to make the shock function. Also the pressure increases as the shock compresses, this giving you very little volume. I offer a res kit that increases the volume of air for the shocks.....wow, what a difference. The reservoirs make these shocks then perform amazing.
Sorry getting sidetracked.... anyway, Ohlin's have great shocks, one of the best in my opinion, next would be Zboys, and then Fox Evo's.
Keep in mind that air is not as consistent as the oil and gas shocks on the market, and also how and what do you ride. If you like the bumps, I would suggest Zboys... wicked shocks and great peeps.
J.M.O.

I have a timbersled front and rear skid front seems great the rear is not so much and I know what you mean with the pressure increase as it compresses would your resovoir do the same as revalving the rear shock?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a timbersled front and rear skid front seems great the rear is not so much and I know what you mean with the pressure increase as it compresses would your resovoir do the same as revalving the rear shock?

Yes , revalving works.
In this case I was referring to the Fox Floats that do not have external reservoirs. The Rezzies add more volume, this in turn makes the shocks work better and easier to tune because of the increased volume. Each and every rider is different, and same can be said about there sleds that have aftermarket suspension components. Valving and certain pressure settings may work great for one application and not so good for another. Once you start changing components like skids and A arms the ride will also change. They weight of the sled changes and the ride will be different, so adjustments will needed. I added the Rezzies to increase the volume and they are less affected by temperature and air density fluctuations. There is a lot of Fox Floats out there, and lots of mixed reviews on them. I like them...... and with the Rezzies... I like them more. The next generation of Fox Floats come out with piggy back rezzies, that should be proof that they work. once again...J.M.O
Cheers......

fox floats 1.JPG

fox floats 2.JPG

Last edited:

FSR

Reaction score
No Problem, My sister works with your wife....and I was gonna call you regarding the rizer blocks and dog bones. But It looks like you could maybe help me with some suspension issues too. I ended up getting warranty on the shock so I wont be changing it over right away.....but someday I would like to get the suspension beefed up.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Problem, My sister works with your wife....and I was gonna call you regarding the rizer blocks and dog bones. But It looks like you could maybe help me with some suspension issues too. I ended up getting warranty on the shock so I wont be changing it over right away.....but someday I would like to get the suspension beefed up.

Wow... small world. Let me know if you need anything, Free shipping...lol.

Top Bottom