MTNTK pump gas kit.

bbecker17

Reaction score
i got a question for chris or anyone with the mtntk kit... how many miles do you guys have on the kit so far? and also would be interesting to see what pistons/reeds/internals look like after a season of boost. especially for the guys who get to put on alot of miles

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a question for chris or anyone with the mtntk kit... how many miles do you guys have on the kit so far? and also would be interesting to see what pistons/reeds/internals look like after a season of boost. especially for the guys who get to put on alot of miles
Sure... we will pull one down at the end of the season and have a look and take pics and post. I'll call Shawn today and see if he can post some info.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I checked my reeds and piston skirts after 400 miles under boost and everything looked like the day I put it together, I was impressed. The reeds will never have a problem with all the oil cooling them as far as I can see.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got to try a MTNTK RMK out last weekend, and was very impressed. I didnt get to try Chris's out, as it is far too pretty to slam in the trees like I do, apparently. Anyways they seem to be runners for sure. Throttle response was stock and no hesititation letting off and getting back on. In my opinion this kit is very suited to tree riding and all around general riding conditions. The power was very lineal and not overly squirrely like some of my previous turbos.

Thanks to the guys that let me try their machines out, and even the guy who didnt.:d

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmfao........ always a great time when we meet up Wes. And yes you are right about my sled lots of people have ridden it just not you lol.

jockdoc

Reaction score
I got my kit put in and yesterday was my first day out with it. My opinion: it exceeded my expectation for sure!! The kit is great and worth the money. I'm not a high mark guy, so it suits my riding style. The throttle response is good, as mentioned. My mechanic made a few small improvements with the cable routing, namely for protection. Another cool thing about this kit is there is no air filter sticking up that can get smashed. Also, I am using the bigger injectors and related map that the MTNTK boys have developed. PM me if I can help answer questions.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MTNTK kit is working great, I have 800 problem free miles now on my sled and still going strong.

smadson

Reaction score
I have 2012 Pro and installed MTNTK Big boost turbo and love it. It is simple,clean, and works. The throttle response is like stock with no hesitation. When I go ridding I do nothing to it, just make sure I have 8300 RPM with wast gate adjustment and ride with boost. I highly recommend this turbo.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2012 Pro and installed MTNTK Big boost turbo and love it. It is simple,clean, and works. The throttle response is like stock with no hesitation. When I go ridding I do nothing to it, just make sure I have 8300 RPM with wast gate adjustment and ride with boost. I highly recommend this turbo.

Hey that's great... MTNTK keeps making better maps all the time... They have been running flawless! Going to be running new map this weekend again! Yup for the price.. You can't go wrong for a true pull & go system! Have fun!

jockdoc

Reaction score
So I've got about 200 miles on my 2014 Pro with the MTNTK turbo kit installed, and 600 miles total. I'm considering a couple things. 1. Adding some additional intake venting so the hair dryer can pull a bit more air in. My buddy with a BD turbo is using an SLP intake vent and it seems good. The MTNTK crew are trying to develop their own, but that's a ways away from production. What, if any, are you guys using? 2. Are any of you guys running a 3" track? The MTNTK guys are using it on their test sled, but they've also busted quite a few of the orange clutch springs, which leads me to think a 3" is a bit stressful on the clutch hardware. Anyway, I'm just curious about what others have found with the combination. I've cranked up my boost a bit and have switched to running VP C111 which seems awesome! So far so good!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out nm's post in the turbo polaris section. He said he has had a lot of broken orange clutch spings this season he figures that it's a bad batch from team. Chrisco has a different brand of spring that has the same rate that seems to be lasting so I would t worry about the 3".

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got about 200 miles on my 2014 Pro with the MTNTK turbo kit installed, and 600 miles total. I'm considering a couple things. 1. Adding some additional intake venting so the hair dryer can pull a bit more air in. My buddy with a BD turbo is using an SLP intake vent and it seems good. The MTNTK crew are trying to develop their own, but that's a ways away from production. What, if any, are you guys using? 2. Are any of you guys running a 3" track? The MTNTK guys are using it on their test sled, but they've also busted quite a few of the orange clutch springs, which leads me to think a 3" is a bit stressful on the clutch hardware. Anyway, I'm just curious about what others have found with the combination. I've cranked up my boost a bit and have switched to running VP C111 which seems awesome! So far so good!

We use the firenice intake vent on all of the ones we do, its a must. As for clutch springs they brake on stock sleds so nothing to do with the 3 inch. The team orange springs are just **** this year.

Top Bottom