MTNTK pump gas kit.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the hp for this kit at 6psi... Is there a intercooler or w/a
and cost, how many hrs to do the install, how much weight does it add over parts removed

had a few poo guys discussing it tonight, have to set up a ride test day

, I believe mtntk states about a 70 hp gain but that could have been at 7 psi . No intercooler or w/a at this time, Six hour install. Not sure of the weight...cause I just dont care lol. The kit has vary little components ill try to check on the next one. Set up the ride Anytime.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You come on to a thread started by another dealer that sells the same turbo kit and promote your business....then you try and lead people to believe they can run up to 12 lbs on pump fuel with this kit?
Your really making it confusing for people that try to get a clear understanding of how turbos work.
If you don't understand the product yourself, then you really shouldn't be selling it.
Chris is a good guy and he has worked hard to give this turbo kit a good name...don't wreck it for him.

Think Niel hit the hammer on the head here. Maybe they can??? but from what ive seen the stock pro motor cant handle 12lbs boost, with any kit, with race gas ext. wouldn't run any more than 8lbs personally if you want it to live for long...JMO

Last edited:

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where were you riding? Does the boost gauge read the same from bottom to top?

Any chance you're heading out the weekend of the 25th and 26th?

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure on low boost application (IE: pump gas) it is not necessary to run any type of Air charge cooler. The lower boost levels don't create enough heat (compression causes heat) to warrant the extra cost/weight or complexity. Although it is beneficial to have lower charge temperatures to create more HP, it is not essential at low compression. Higher boost means higher heat and more likelyhood of DET if the charge isn't cool enough. More boost also means more fuel to keep the AFR at proper levels. Your injectors can only cycle so many times per second, releasing enough fuel to keep the ratios correct (and safe). Higher octane fuel is also required for higher boost applications in order to prevent pre-ignition. That is the idea behind pump gas kits. Easily obtained and inexpensive pump gas and lower boost levels for safety. Pushing it above 7 or so lb's is just that.... pushing it.

At least that is how I understand it. I have only had a couple of turbos, so I don't know it all.

Last edited:

jockdoc

Reaction score
Pretty sure on low boost application (IE: pump gas) it is not necessary to run any type of Air charge cooler. The lower boost levels don't create enough heat (compression causes heat) to warrant the extra cost/weight or complexity. Although it is beneficial to have lower charge temperatures to create more HP, it is not essential at low compression. Higher boost means higher heat and more likelyhood of DET if the charge isn't cool enough. More boost also means more fuel to keep the AFR at proper levels. Your injectors can only cycle so many times per second, releasing enough fuel to keep the ratios correct (and safe). Higher octane fuel is also required for higher boost applications in order to prevent pre-ignition. That is the idea behind pump gas kits. Easily obtained and inexpensive pump gas and lower boost levels for safety. Pushing it above 7 or so lb's is just that.... pushing it.

At least that is how I understand it. I have only had a couple of turbos, so I don't know it all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the low boost MTNTK kit is a good balance for those of us who don't have a ton of experience dealing with the finer details of owning a 2t turbo. My MTNTK kit is on route!! I'm stoked to get it installed.

So, should a guy run a bit of C12 or C111, or AV with this kit just to be careful?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the low boost MTNTK kit is a good balance for those of us who don't have a ton of experience dealing with the finer details of owning a 2t turbo. My MTNTK kit is on route!! I'm stoked to get it installed.

So, should a guy run a bit of C12 or C111, or AV with this kit just to be careful?

Sweet where did you get your kit from ?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Wes !! Man I though you were just some hillbilly from Hinton. What you said is 100% true , in 2008 boondocker came out with there turbo kit they left the air intake under the hood (pulling in hot air) even at low boost on the 6 pull the intake temp began to be a problem. With boondockers ADA system it would just start to poor the fuel and then would just not make power. I was constantly fkn with the box and if you stabed into a creek and the steem off the pipe would just make it fall on its face.....stuck.... Had enough punched it out the hood all the tuning problems gone !!!!! 4000 miles later at 12 psi on av gas with no cooler.Intake temp was never a problem , with the same kit but BD air to air cooler 30degrees different. Could a water to air been better for sure BUT NOT NECESSARY. As long as your getting fresh cold air you are good to go. I have larger injectors on the way and will push the mtntk kit to the pump gas limit. Then I will push the intake temp to the limit lol.

jockdoc

Reaction score
Sweet where did you get your kit from ?
I ordered my kit direct from MTNTK Performance. Getting my sled up to Stoney/Edmonton this winter wasn't looking positive with all the stuff I have on my plate, so I'm trying to get it done myself... I know, kinda scarey!

In an earlier post, you mentioned running a 3" track. Do you stock them? What width are you running?

Thanks!

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Wes !! Man I though you were just some hillbilly from Hinton. What you said is 100% true , in 2008 boondocker came out with there turbo kit they left the air intake under the hood (pulling in hot air) even at low boost on the 6 pull the intake temp began to be a problem. With boondockers ADA system it would just start to poor the fuel and then would just not make power. I was constantly fkn with the box and if you stabed into a creek and the steem off the pipe would just make it fall on its face.....stuck.... Had enough punched it out the hood all the tuning problems gone !!!!! 4000 miles later at 12 psi on av gas with no cooler.Intake temp was never a problem , with the same kit but BD air to air cooler 30degrees different. Could a water to air been better for sure BUT NOT NECESSARY. As long as your getting fresh cold air you are good to go. I have larger injectors on the way and will push the mtntk kit to the pump gas limit. Then I will push the intake temp to the limit lol.
Have you had a turbo Pro with a good W2A system ?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how many miles are we at with these kits?? Are there any issues showing up big or small?? Sounds like for the most part they are running very well. Any

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
400 miles and counting. Yesterday I pulled mine all apart to change my injectors and everything still looked awesome under the hood, no exhaust leaks, no loose clamps and nothing rubbing because the kit is such a clean install. I pulled my y pipe off since I had everything apart to check my mntntk pistons and I also checked my reeds which still looked like new. I was curious to see what the pistons looked like cuz I broke them in properly but you always wonder what can happen under boost. They looked excellent and I am very happy with the quality of the everything I have bought from mntntk so far, even the wiring on the injector upgrade is top notch. If there is any complaint, it is with the o ring seal around the carbs, they let a little oil by and you get a tiny puddle under the sledding the garage, I have put some silicone on it and that fixed the leak. I am very honest about my sled and if it doesn't work I would tell you but this kit is top notch and I cannot wait to put a little more boost to her in a couple of weekends and I will post or just take a picture of my grin. If you are thinking about it and have the cash call Chris at Parkland Motorsports, I think he has some kits in stock and he will answer all of your questions.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't suppose there's a late season sale on these kits? Lol. Or I have a lot of free time right now, can work some of it off!

Top Bottom