Gas Jug repair

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a red gas jug with a hole rubbed in it. What you guys used to fix it? Does that plastic welding work or is it not as easy as they make it look?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Specific jug. Not the Canadian Tire run of the mill jugs.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a plastic welder and it takes some finesse to learn how to use it, it works well once you figure it out. It’s saved me a lot of money on atv plastics for myself and lots of my buddies.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm tiger torch and a gas can that has had gas in it sound like fun doo it at night so it’s really effective and bright. Hahaha I know steam it out but plastics do permeate. JB works on some stuff but doesn’t adhere to others.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would toss it and grab the two pack at costco for $28. Not worth the headache and taking a chance on a repair. If you can repair it, with fire heat, Please make sure you have someone video it, even empty that is just as dangerous. Once you have repaired it, there is probability that it will fail, you have a good mess and you lost more than $35 worth of fuel you wish you had taken my advise.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of hole? I have a jerry can with a small hole, maybe 1/8-3/16, I got a screw and an o ring. Screwed it into the hole and it doesn't leak. It's not the Jerry can I use all the time but I didn't want to throw it out.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like this guys videos. Ive used similar techniques with good success. Never tried to seal a container, but cracked plastic Ive had great success. Especially using wire mesh reinforcement.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a red gas jug with a hole rubbed in it. What you guys used to fix it? Does that plastic welding work or is it not as easy as they make it look?
This is the only stuff i found that works and seals against Gasoline.;)

1711902598332.png

Top Bottom